THE BROWNS BOARD

Holmgren/Gruden

Zombo

If Holmgren is hired as czar, he and Mangini will clash from the get-go. Just fire Manweenie and bring in Gruden. Keep Ryan as DC ... his players don't quit on him.

Put Mangini and Dabol on the next flight.

Gruden probably couldn't start until after the broadcast season anyway ... so, even better, let Holmgren coach the team for the rest of the year to see what he has in talent (don't laugh) and then next year he moves upstairs and Chuckie takes over.

I've backed up Mangini so far ... but I saw players quitting last night. End this nightmare now and give us hope for next year ... 11 draft picks and two proven Super Bowl winners. Just do it, Lerner.

Zombo

Gruden signed an extension with ESPN. He won't be coaching next year.

Contracts are made to be broken, my friend.

Zombo

--btw ... Dungy and Holmgren are from the same coaching tree .. I'm just saying

(just looking for a little hope ... my Browns are embarrassing me badly)

I knew he signed the extension dumb ass.

Let's try it again ... "Contracts ... are ... made ... to ... be ...what? ... brooooo -kennnn.

Zombo

Cheery as normal the day after a Browns game Zombo. I would love to see Gruden on the sidelines for us...the dude was practically bleeding Brown and Orange last night up in the booth. I wish our coach cared about the Browns as much as he did

If Holmgren is hired as czar, he and Mangini will clash from the get-go. Just fire Manweenie and bring in Gruden. Keep Ryan as DC ... his players don't quit on him.

Put Mangini and Dabol on the next flight.

Gruden probably couldn't start until after the broadcast season anyway ... so, even better, let Holmgren coach the team for the rest of the year to see what he has in talent (don't laugh) and then next year he moves upstairs and Chuckie takes over.

I've backed up Mangini so far ... but I saw players quitting last night. End this nightmare now and give us hope for next year ... 11 draft picks and two proven Super Bowl winners. Just do it, Lerner.

Zombo

Coincidentally, Gruden just extended his contract with ESPN yesterday.

Brushing that aside, I'd vote for Holmgren / Gruden any day of the week. Both guys are firey and, more importantly, both are smart and have won Super Bowls.

Coincidentally, Gruden just extended his contract with ESPN yesterday.

Brushing that aside, I'd vote for Holmgren / Gruden any day of the week. Both guys are firey and, more importantly, both are smart and have won Super Bowls.

Better yet, give the entire team to Tony Dungy and let him make all hiring decisions.

Dungy is about as good as it gets in football (or in life).

Oh yea, he won a SB too!

For the many super-intelligent and hard-to-dispute points I made here, I do not want Gruden: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php...st&p=136580 Gruden's a bit of a fraud and he will not bring Lane Kiffin in tow this time.

I'd also see no reason why Holmgren would want to bring in a high-profile coach who might have the perceived clout to clash with him down the road and engage in a power struggle.

Remember the name Darrell Bevell.

The question would be does Mangini see the end of this season and, if not, does Holmgren step in as the interim coach?

For the many super-intelligent and hard-to-dispute points I made here, I do not want Gruden: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php...st&p=136580

I'd also see no reason why Holmgren would want to bring in a high-profile coach who might have the perceived clout to clash with him down the road and engage in a power struggle.

If you want lower-profile, we can always consider the brother of Baltimore's coach. He just ate Pete Carrol's lunch.

Zombo

--again

If you want lower-profile, we can always consider the brother of Baltimore's coach. He just ate Pete Carrol's lunch.

Zombo

--again

If we're going to induce someone to break his contract, hell yes, I'll take the other Harbaugh from his Stanford gig.

"Harbaugh's Stanford team has transformed from the wimpy Clark Kent of a few years ago to Superman -- beating Oregon one week and vivisecting USC the next. Harbaugh exhibited excessive self confidence on Saturday when -- already up by 27 points -- he called a two-point conversion, intent on laying 50 on the Trojans.

That call irritated Pete Carroll, the Zeus of West Coast football. After the 55-21 destruction, the most points surrendered in USC history, Carroll greeted Harbaugh at the midfield handshake with the testy question: "What's your deal?"

Harbaugh, unbowed, replied, "What's your deal?"

In answer to Carroll's question, here's Harbaugh's deal: He's suddenly the hottest coach in football -- and not just the college game. He's a brash, smart, former NFL quarterback who has taken a forlorn, unworkable program and turned it into a Rose Bowl contender.

And while his failed two-point conversion may have breached the rules of etiquette, it made a statement about how Harbaugh wants to play football."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writ.../#ixzz0X9OAeLPG

Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with SI Subscription

SCREW CHUCKY, HERE IS OUR GUY! If Holmgren gets the big gig, lack of NFL head coaching experience might not be that big a deal. I'd rather keep Mangini than hire Gruden, though.

How exactly did the players "quit" on Mangini last night? I saw everybody playing hard til the end. How do you know they're playing for the DC and not the HC? Is that just trying to tailor your logic to suit your argument?

I thought the whole offense quit.

Steinbach quit weeks ago. St. Clair has packed his bags. Quinn looked like he didn't want to be out there after a certain point. Receivers quit on routes ... or didn't know them.

That wasn't an excuse for professional football ... and I hold the coach accountable.

Zombo

I thought the whole offense quit.

Steinbach quit weeks ago. St. Clair has packed his bags. Quinn looked like he didn't want to be out there after a certain point. Receivers quit on routes ... or didn't know them.

That wasn't an excuse for professional football ... and I hold the coach accountable.

Zombo

Well, I didn't see it that way. I think they all just stink. That said, if they were mailing it in...they'd better watch out because WHOEVER is making decisions regarding personnel next year won't take kindly to that kind of attitude. Brady Quinn needs to realize that his career is hanging in the balance of this season (and that has nothing to do with coaching).

Archived