THE BROWNS BOARD

Another Rebuild

d531

What about it?? It's not like there were all-pro's sitting on the streets he could have picked up.

I fully understand why we wanted some of his former players on the sideline...it isn't hard to figure out. Comfort level is one part, and who did we replace with these players...even bigger bums.

Quit acting like Mangini could have brought in all stars yet opted for mid level guys.

Face it, Mangini screwed up the draft and free agency. Guess what?? It sure as H**l shows. <_<

Face it, Mangini screwed up the draft and free agency. Guess what?? It sure as H**l shows. <_<

Exactly WHICH free agents did he screw up? Why can't people around here figure that this team SUCKED last year?! You had to know that when Mangini came in here he was going to start building from roster spots 25-53 which is particularly Belichickean/Parcellsian.

If you didn't expect this kind of roster management (not going after the high-priced FAs, acquiring draft picks and managing the cap) then you really had no idea to begin with.

Exactly WHICH free agents did he screw up? Why can't people around here figure that this team SUCKED last year?! You had to know that when Mangini came in here he was going to start building from roster spots 25-53 which is particularly Belichickean/Parcellsian.

If you didn't expect this kind of roster management (not going after the high-priced FAs, acquiring draft picks and managing the cap) then you really had no idea to begin with.

I think we're feeling this team the same way Earl.

Did people for get we had no day 1 draft in 2008? And have they noticed only 1 of the 5 draftees (Rubin) has an NFL future? Alex Hall seems like a dubble guy better slated for the CFL or that league JP's Lostman is gettign overpaid in.

2009 Savage left us 4 draft picks for 7 rounds. I guess I'm not seeign WHERE people think Mangini meseed all of Phil's draft day heroics up. I think some want to give Phil credit for inserting the horrible taste in Wilnslow's mouth about his time in Cleveland. Who here thinks Winslow's mindset to want out of started the day Mangini was hired? If so, do some research on that and be happy we got some return value on a guy who's opinion of our franchise was FUBAR. I think only Jesus of Nazareth turns that situation into a Lazarus reversal if you will.

Free agents? We overpaid the crap out of Corey Williams. We dearly overpaid Shaun Smith. Joe Andruzzi couldn't pass a pro football physical anywhere in this country and yet he was a Savage "gotta have." Kevin Shaffer might have really epitomized just how far in over his head Savage was when he threw insane cake at him to man down the LT spot next to Joe Andruzzi. I LOVED the LeCharles Bentley idea but in the end, I'm looking at an oline where we had to pay far too much cake in free agency because our personnel guru was striking out in the draft. We problem solved the Center position by taking Fraley (deemed to old and lost upside in Philly) only after we tried Rex Tucker and some guy testing positive for steroids from the Miami Dolphins (just count the sum of contracts we put into the Center position that season). Antwaan Peek was never healthy in Houston and the song remained the same here. Jason Fisk was out of gas 2-3 years before Savage fell in love with the idea of bringing that here. Then Phil thinks he's going to fool the league bringing in Ted Washington's empty gas tank. Just imagine if he could have actually found ONE decent nose tackle in the draft so we didn't have to overpay has-beens.

While many adored Joe Jurevicius due to the productivity when he was healthy enough to wear the uniform - fact is the age and wear tear seemingly had him in blue jeans and baseball caps more so then an ability to HELP us on game day.

While Savage was trying to secure Jamal Lewis for the next 10 years - Seems like the Atltanta Falcons signed themselves a YOUNG back more capable of giving a team future quality that the tired and dead legs of Jamal. How many TD are we up to this year with Jamal anyway? James Davis was at least a very good idea late in the draft.

IMO, here's the SCARs producing FUBARs before Mangini got inked:

1. Leadoff QB Trent Doofus

2. On-deck QB Carlies Fryes

3. For the price of a stale bag of potato chips and a can of Walmart Cola - we Savage thought he was gonna become Jeds Clampetts signing the mind of Jethro (DA) with the acuracy of Kyle Boller to play QB here.

4. Draft a 1st round QB so we could train Jethro (sporting 3 winless starts to his name) instead. End result? 2 years of 1st round QB w/ only 3 starts to his name producing this question: "what do we have in Brady Quinn?" Inexcusable. We should have already known if this was a position of need when we had 31 other teams saying no thank to DA. Instead, Mangini seemed hellbent to find out what we had in Quinn and named him satrter which is what 95% of the fanbase that didn't attend Oregon State wanted. It's not his fault he got handed a BAD deck. That said, he was REALLY about the only Head Coach interested in playing this deck so why SHOOT the man? I didn't see Billy Cowher stepping up to the plate for us many predicted but he's one of those laughing at our situation every week with Shannon Sharpe and Boomer Esiason. There's a lot of misplaced hatred at every single Head Coach willing to TRY to reverse the clusterflock of BAD management above. We're running out of Head Coaching candidates every time they see how much hatred our fans vent at the wrong person.

Have the NY Jets upgraded Mangini? If so, could somebody please show me where and how? They're 4-5 in what looks like the worst division in the AFC. We beat Buffalo right? That same team beat the Jets for God sakes. I think Mangini has proven that if he has a GM willing to provide a decent hand to work with - he's not as bad as people make him out to be at coaching up guys. Everywhere we are strong like say STs, we seem well coached in that area (ie; the Buffalo game pinning them inside the 5 about 5 times and all of Cribbs' returns this year). We've been given some ideal field position our QBs and offense couldn't take advantage of. Here's another example - Joe Thomas shutout several studs from sacking our QBs to the extent of not hearign a guy like Jared Allen's name after introductions. We've also improved on the undisciplined penalties we had too much of with the prior regime. They're examples of doign decent teams in areas we have decent talent. Tackiling has improved inspite of Jamal's complaints about the length of a millionaire's work day. There's some coaching going that's noticeable in the areas of our team where we have guys that belogn at this level. In other areas, I can't tell what's worse - teh talent or the coachign like at all the offensive skill positions.

- Tom F.

I think we're feeling this team the same way Earl.

Did people for get we had no day 1 draft in 2008? And have they noticed only 1 of the 5 draftees (Rubin) has an NFL future? Alex Hall seems like a dubble guy better slated for the CFL or that league JP's Lostman is gettign overpaid in.

2009 Savage left us 4 draft picks for 7 rounds. I guess I'm not seeign WHERE people think Mangini meseed all of Phil's draft day heroics up. I think some want to give Phil credit for inserting the horrible taste in Wilnslow's mouth about his time in Cleveland. Who here thinks Winslow's mindset to want out of started the day Mangini was hired? If so, do some research on that and be happy we got some return value on a guy who's opinion of our franchise was FUBAR. I think only Jesus of Nazareth turns that situation into a Lazarus reversal if you will.

Free agents? We overpaid the crap out of Corey Williams. We dearly overpaid Shaun Smith. Joe Andruzzi couldn't pass a pro football physical anywhere in this country and yet he was a Savage "gotta have." Kevin Shaffer might have really epitomized just how far in over his head Savage was when he threw insane cake at him to man down the LT spot next to Joe Andruzzi. I LOVED the LeCharles Bentley idea but in the end, I'm looking at an oline where we had to pay far too much cake in free agency because our personnel guru was striking out in the draft. We problem solved the Center position by taking Fraley (deemed to old and lost upside in Philly) only after we tried Rex Tucker and some guy testing positive for steroids from the Miami Dolphins (just count the sum of contracts we put into the Center position that season). Antwaan Peek was never healthy in Houston and the song remained the same here. Jason Fisk was out of gas 2-3 years before Savage fell in love with the idea of bringing that here. Then Phil thinks he's going to fool the league bringing in Ted Washington's empty gas tank. Just imagine if he could have actually found ONE decent nose tackle in the draft so we didn't have to overpay has-beens.

While many adored Joe Jurevicius due to the productivity when he was healthy enough to wear the uniform - fact is the age and wear tear seemingly had him in blue jeans and baseball caps more so then an ability to HELP us on game day.

While Savage was trying to secure Jamal Lewis for the next 10 years - Seems like the Atltanta Falcons signed themselves a YOUNG back more capable of giving a team future quality that the tired and dead legs of Jamal. How many TD are we up to this year with Jamal anyway? James Davis was at least a very good idea late in the draft.

IMO, here's the SCARs producing FUBARs before Mangini got inked:

1. Leadoff QB Trent Doofus

2. On-deck QB Carlies Fryes

3. For the price of a stale bag of potato chips and a can of Walmart Cola - we Savage thought he was gonna become Jeds Clampetts signing the mind of Jethro (DA) with the acuracy of Kyle Boller to play QB here.

4. Draft a 1st round QB so we could train Jethro (sporting 3 winless starts to his name) instead. End result? 2 years of 1st round QB w/ only 3 starts to his name producing this question: "what do we have in Brady Quinn?" Inexcusable. We should have already known if this was a position of need when we had 31 other teams saying no thank to DA. Instead, Mangini seemed hellbent to find out what we had in Quinn and named him satrter which is what 95% of the fanbase that didn't attend Oregon State wanted. It's not his fault he got handed a BAD deck. That said, he was REALLY about the only Head Coach interested in playing this deck so why SHOOT the man? I didn't see Billy Cowher stepping up to the plate for us many predicted but he's one of those laughing at our situation every week with Shannon Sharpe and Boomer Esiason. There's a lot of misplaced hatred at every single Head Coach willing to TRY to reverse the clusterflock of BAD management above. We're running out of Head Coaching candidates every time they see how much hatred our fans vent at the wrong person.

Have the NY Jets upgraded Mangini? If so, could somebody please show me where and how? They're 4-5 in what looks like the worst division in the AFC. We beat Buffalo right? That same team beat the Jets for God sakes. I think Mangini has proven that if he has a GM willing to provide a decent hand to work with - he's not as bad as people make him out to be at coaching up guys. Everywhere we are strong like say STs, we seem well coached in that area (ie; the Buffalo game pinning them inside the 5 about 5 times and all of Cribbs' returns this year). We've been given some ideal field position our QBs and offense couldn't take advantage of. Here's another example - Joe Thomas shutout several studs from sacking our QBs to the extent of not hearign a guy like Jared Allen's name after introductions. We've also improved on the undisciplined penalties we had too much of with the prior regime. They're examples of doign decent teams in areas we have decent talent. Tackiling has improved inspite of Jamal's complaints about the length of a millionaire's work day. There's some coaching going that's noticeable in the areas of our team where we have guys that belogn at this level. In other areas, I can't tell what's worse - teh talent or the coachign like at all the offensive skill positions.

- Tom F.

Tom, Mangini's relationship with Tannenbaum was excellent. They were on the same page. The decision to fire him came from an owner who wants to sell $4000 a seat PSLs next year. Four weeks prior, they'd been talking contract extension. Tannenbaum was given the ultimatum to fire EM or join him on the unemployment line.

Archived