THE BROWNS BOARD

Steeler Fan here

BATMAN

Hi, I was wondering if you guys didn't mind me as a Steeler fan here to actually talk football amongst you guys ( not trash talk ) ?

Couple things I would like to say. You guys are one of the best fans in sports in my opinion. You haven't had success of late but, you guys are always there cheering your team on. (not intended to be a back handed cut )

I'm old enough to remember Brian Sipes as your QB and those were some great football teams ( i thought ) you guys had in the day. Bernie too I guess, I wasn't so captured by football back then with school and all.

I was in hopes you guys could get Marty Schotenhiemer back. Maybe that is a bad word to you guys but, he always seemed to field a decent team. I thought Sam Rigtigliono was a good coach too and I thought as a kid, he seemed like he would be a good guy. I'm sure I spelled the names wrong.

I haven't watched you guys enough to have a true opinion about the direction your team is headed or what it will take to correct things. I don't know about my own team half the time on how I feel about their needs.

Your coach seemed to be making a steady improvement with the Jets and I think given the time, he could turn things around for you. Finding a good coach is key and then sticking with him through the rough times. I don't know if we got lucky with Tomlin or not. We got lucky with him with the fact, he seems to know what to do with the talent around him. I wonder once the Cowher players have gone, can he bring in players that can be a force ?

Derrick Anderson seemed to be the hot hand when he first came to your team and with Quinn as a number one pick, horrible spot to be in as a team.

Your front office and or coach should have made their mind up from the start and stated, "this guy is our starter and there is no looking back.|" After that, trade the other QB and stay focused. Anyway, that is how I would have done it. I think you have to stick with Quinn now or if a QB comes along your way in the draft, start over.

Look how long it had taken to get Ben since the days of Bradshaw. We had so many QB's that couldn't make the grade. Kent Grahm, Cliff Stoudt, Kordell, O'Dumbell, Malone, Maddox, Brisiter, Todd Blackledge, Woodley, Tomzcack and I'm sure there is more plus, all the backups that we thought could some day develope.

I hope you guys do well because ever loyal fan deserves a championship once in a while and you guys deserve it. ( as long as we are not in on it that year lol )

Anyway, good luck with the rest of your season.

Your welcome and thank you. I love talking football no matter the team and I know every fan keeps their team dear to the heart so, why would anyone want to throw insult ? I enjoy talking to other team fans as much if not more than talking to my buddies about the Steelers. As a matter of fact, not too many of my friends follow sports and it drives me crazy. We are all at the age of being career minded and being dads so, their personal enjoyments get placed to the side. Not me, I love my kids but, I have to watch the NFL come Sunday.

Thanks again for the welcome

Even if Shooty doesn't get a team to the Super Bowl, he sure knows how to bring in the talent and get the most out of them. I think he is due and I think the time period of him being away from the game, will be a plus. As memory serves me, he did well against us when he was your coach, didn't he ?

BTW, I knew you guys had a lot of fans, less than 15 minutes and over forty views already. You can't swing a dead raven and hit that many on a Steeler site. Not to sound too much like a kiss up, we are spread thin on many Steeler sites. They even have a FIREBRUCEARIANS.COM site. ( wish they would )

Hey there's a few other Steeler fans, and one Patriots fan that comes over here to talk football.

I forgot about that string of horrible qbs the Steelers had before they got Ben. (other than Stewart & Brister)

Hope we don't have to go through that many- but it looks like we're on track. :(

I don't think you will if, you get the right coach or if Manginia sees a potential great this draft. The opinion I have about our past quarterback troubles is this. Noll, was never that big on feeling a quarterback is important. He was all about defense and running the ball and a formula that worked back then. Noll I heard didn't want Bradshaw or any QB to be taken with the number one pick. I thought Mark Malone was going to be good and at times, showed glimpses of it. Cowher, I don't know if there wasn't any quality to choose from or he just couldn't see the value in a QB. He didn't even want Ben and I believe he was wanting an o-lineman that season. I think in Rooneys biography, Rooney made them take Big Ben and that they wern't going to screw up like they did by not taking Dan Marino.

I don't follow college football, never watched one down of it so, I'm surprised or learning who these college players are when they reach it here to the NFL.

My friends, friend is from the hometown of Ben in Ohio and before the draft he told us, " if the Steelers sign Ben, we will go to the SB, he's that good. " I thought it was the beer talking at the time. Last year he came down again and he started on us again about, how he knew Ben was so good and yada, yada, yada.

I don't know what Ben was like prior to the Steelers and I still write this guy off as, he is home town proud about Ben.

I am surprised if he was that good, why you guys didn't get him. I thought he would be a flop because you guys or the Bengals didn't take him. Maybe they already had Palmer ?

Anyway, look at the Ravens, it didn't take them too many or as many tries to get a good QB.

Here on my soap box: If I ran a team the positions I would build with would be in the order of:

QB

O-line

Corners

Linebackers

D-Line

Runningback/receivers

and then add the filler positions.

Hey there's a few other Steeler fans, and one Patriots fan that comes over here to talk football.

I forgot about that string of horrible qbs the Steelers had before they got Ben. (other than Stewart & Brister)

Hope we don't have to go through that many- but it looks like we're on track. :(

Good Lord we Have had some Winners at QB ... since Bradshaw.

Ben Rothlisberger ****

Tommy Maddox

Kent Graham

Kordell Stewart (had his Moments)

Mike Tomczak

Niel O'Donnel**

Bubby Brister

Mark Malone

Cliff Stoudt

Forgot all about Blackledge

This smells fishy!

Well the BS about the Steeler Boards getting NO Action. Please I cant even Post on Steelers.com during games at times it so busy. steeler nation plenty busy.

I say NEW DUDE don't be an A** Kisser. These browns dude will sniff you out and Crucify you in a heartbeat.

browns have the worst fans..check out the stadium in the 4th Q it is empty.

Also they are too poor to travel well.

watch how many fans are left in the 4th Q when Pgh visits.. it is funny

Why do you insist on being an A** Dude... Not real smart are you ?

Hi, I was wondering if you guys didn't mind me as a Steeler fan here to actually talk football amongst you guys ( not trash talk ) ?

Couple things I would like to say. You guys are one of the best fans in sports in my opinion. You haven't had success of late but, you guys are always there cheering your team on. (not intended to be a back handed cut )

I'm old enough to remember Brian Sipes as your QB and those were some great football teams ( i thought ) you guys had in the day. Bernie too I guess, I wasn't so captured by football back then with school and all.

I was in hopes you guys could get Marty Schotenhiemer back. Maybe that is a bad word to you guys but, he always seemed to field a decent team. I thought Sam Rigtigliono was a good coach too and I thought as a kid, he seemed like he would be a good guy. I'm sure I spelled the names wrong.

I haven't watched you guys enough to have a true opinion about the direction your team is headed or what it will take to correct things. I don't know about my own team half the time on how I feel about their needs.

Your coach seemed to be making a steady improvement with the Jets and I think given the time, he could turn things around for you. Finding a good coach is key and then sticking with him through the rough times. I don't know if we got lucky with Tomlin or not. We got lucky with him with the fact, he seems to know what to do with the talent around him. I wonder once the Cowher players have gone, can he bring in players that can be a force ?

Derrick Anderson seemed to be the hot hand when he first came to your team and with Quinn as a number one pick, horrible spot to be in as a team.

Your front office and or coach should have made their mind up from the start and stated, "this guy is our starter and there is no looking back.|" After that, trade the other QB and stay focused. Anyway, that is how I would have done it. I think you have to stick with Quinn now or if a QB comes along your way in the draft, start over.

Look how long it had taken to get Ben since the days of Bradshaw. We had so many QB's that couldn't make the grade. Kent Grahm, Cliff Stoudt, Kordell, O'Dumbell, Malone, Maddox, Brisiter, Todd Blackledge, Woodley, Tomzcack and I'm sure there is more plus, all the backups that we thought could some day develope.

I hope you guys do well because ever loyal fan deserves a championship once in a while and you guys deserve it. ( as long as we are not in on it that year lol )

Anyway, good luck with the rest of your season.

Welcome aboard....

You're a homo...

Archived