THE BROWNS BOARD

Steeler fan @ browns game

drake54

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Muffle your cheering a bit..make friends with a couple of brownies sitting around you by buying them a beer....be at your seats early so you can begin that process..don't wave your towel unless you want someone to snatch it and toss it over the rail....talk smart football with your new friends...don't let people chanting asshole at you get under your skin...early on as you get to your seats early, talk to the security guy stationed in your section. Let him know you would appreciate his/her back-up if necessary.

Remember...90% of the people in your section will stick up for you if you aren't a complete dork, so don't worry about it and have a good time.

Oh...on the way out, sort of pick and choose what group of people you walk out with..stick with older couples or people with kids...they are less likely to like poor treatment and will likely be on your side if the hooligans start going past the point of friendly ribbing.

I have been to a lot of Browns games in other places over the years and that is what I have always done, but I have to admit, and am ashamed to say this, our fans have to rank near the bottom of the barrel when it comes to the way we treat visiting fans.

punch her in the face for everytime she cheers for pittsburgh. she'll learn real fast not to do it anymore. trust me, it worls. i'm engaged to a steeler's fan: or ex steeler's fan i guess you could say.

Ahh,,,I missed the part where only she is the fan..in that case, no worries if she is hot...just have her flash her boobs every time the Steelers score. Soon, everyone in the section will be rooting for the Steelers. ;)

Im going to the game on Dec. 10 my gf is a steelers fan. what are the do's and dont's for steelers fans to not do or say while there.

Really dont feel like getting into a fight.

Keep your head down and don't over do the cheering. There are some pricks, but nothing like you'd get in Philly. 96% of people are just there to see the game. Just be respectful and you'll be fine.

And what Peen said, a beer goes a long way.

I've only been to a few Steeler home games and they were against the Vikes, the Oilers and the Eagles. Obviously no Oiler fans showed that I could see and one Vikes fan showed in my section. There was no trouble about those two games. The Eagles fans were a different story and they were obnoxious as can be. Talking shit, throwing stuff and then the fight broke out.

My advice to you, keep your mouth shut, cheer your team on and forget about it. Oh yeah, I hope your either thicked skinned or good with your fist.

Im going to the game on Dec. 10 my gf is a steelers fan. what are the do's and dont's for steelers fans to not do or say while there.

Really dont feel like getting into a fight.

If you are a browns fan, dump her immediately.

Trust me

You should be ok as long as you arent in the pound...expect a lot of you sucks and boo bearing if you cheer a lot..and possibly a free beer or 2 ,some pop and ice and a few sprinklings of hotdogs and hamburgers from an unknown local browns fan or 3 somewhere behind you...;)

I had this happen to me at three rivers and riverfront several times...all in good fun...ive done the same to stooler/bungle fans in the 80s and 90s at the old stadium..most are good sports about it...;)

there are only 4 home games left for browns and the steeler game is the only one sold out..guess why? because steeler fans are the ones coming to the game.

Browns couldn't even sell out a MNF game at home against the Ravens .

don't worry bud, the stadium is owned by Pittsburgh.

Offer blow jobs to all Browns fans tougher looking than Clay Aiken and you'll be fine.

and there ARE some Cleveland fans who Fit this description ?? LOL !! Just Kidding !! I Have plenty of friends who love the Browns that are at least a Tad tougher looking than Clay Aiken. Geez 2 of them are Clones of Barney Fife. Problem is none of them would be interested in that "Offer" you are talking about.

Never heard that one before. This kid is clever.

lol... There will be PLENTY of Browns fans there... And lets not get too Overconfident. Any Given Sunday. I Bet Philly figured at Oakland Trip would be an Easy Go. And Streaks are made to be Broken , Like it or Not we will lose to the Browns again at some point.

there will be more Steeler fans there then browns fans.. don't worry, browns fans leave after the 3rd Q.

just watch out for the bottles that they throw.

Just be sure you paint a bullseye on your noggin so we know what to aim for. Don't fear the Reaper.

(Besides, FYI, nothing is sold in that stadium in bottles or cans....it is all put in what we euphamistically call "Bourbon Street Crystal", i.e. plastic cups)

there are only 4 home games left for browns and the steeler game is the only one sold out..guess why? because steeler fans are the ones coming to the game.

Browns couldn't even sell out a MNF game at home against the Ravens .

don't worry bud, the stadium is owned by Pittsburgh.

Please then provide the address to which to send the mortgage payments, utility bills etc. You want to own it? Then you pay for it.

(and FYI, if the Steelers had been as lousy as the Browns have been for so long, their stadium would have been Ghost Town Gulch over 5 years ago).

Except for the fact that we did. Genius, once again.

The blackout was avoided when the remaining tickets that browns fans would not buy were cut by hal price and sold to a TV station and also back to the browns.. sell out?? what a laugher that is.

steeler fans show up. browns fan don't..

The blackout was avoided when the remaining tickets that browns fans would not buy were cut by hal price and sold to a TV station and also back to the browns.. sell out?? what a laugher that is.

steeler fans show up. browns fan don't..

Here is a listing of Steeler home game attendance when said team is out of the playoff hunt. Look how attendance drops off at home for the fair weather fans.

1969 - Pitt Stadium

wk1 Game attendance: 51,360 - (1-1)

wk3 Game attendance: 45,011 - (1-2)

wk6 Game attendance: 46,557 - (1-5)

wk7 Game attendance: 46,403 - (1-6)

wk9 Game attendance: 47,670 - (1-8)

wk12 Game attendance: 24,990 - (1-11)

wk13 Game attendance: 21,067 - (1-12)

Just in case, at the same time the Browns packed in 84,078 the same year against the Steelers. Not only that, week 13 was the last game EVER played at Pitt Stadium, lol.

wk2 Game attendance: 57,305 - (0-2)

wk5 Game attendance: 57,327 - (1-4)

wk6 Game attendance: 54,283 - (1-5)

wk7 Game attendance: 54,743 - (1-6)

wk8 Game attendance: 50,815 - (2-6)

wk9 Game attendance: 52,831 - (3-6) Still a chance

wk11 Game attendance: 49,724 - (4-7)

wk14 Game attendance: 45,042 - (5-9) No chance, fans quit, definition of fair weather

wk16 Game attendance: 47,150 - (6-10)

wk1 Game attendance: 56,813

wk5 Game attendance: 56,410 - (1-4)

wk7 Game attendance: 52,229 - (1-6)

wk8 Game attendance: 49,811 - (2-6) No chance, fans quit, definition of fair weather

wk11 Game attendance: 46,026 - (2-9)

wk13 Game attendance: 42,057 - (3-10)

wk16 Game attendance: 36,051 - (5-11)

Wow a half packed stadium after the fans know their is no chance for the playoffs, even after crushing the AFC Superbowl representatives, the Broncos, at home.

2003 - New Field, let's give this a try

wk1 Game attendance: 63,157 - (1-0)

wk4 Game attendance: 63,244 - (2-2)

wk5 Game attendance: 64,595 - (2-3)

wk8 Game attendance: 62,665 - (2-5)

wk10 Game attendance: 59,520 - (3-6)

wk13 Game attendance: 58,797 - (4-8)

wk14 Game attendance: 53,079 - (5-8)

wk16 Game attendance: 52,527 - (6-9)

And this a year after winning the AFC North in 2002?

Archived