THE BROWNS BOARD

Bears fans poison Steeler fan??

ballpeen

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on November 18, 2009 2:36 PM ET

Steelers fan Zack Heddinger says he was blinded at a Chicago bar by Bears fans after some trash talking gone awry.

Heddinger was in the Windy City for the Steelers 17-14 loss to Chicago in Week Two.

"Basically, I guess, my buddies had gotten into an altercation and they offered a drink as a peacemaker from what I understand," Heddinger said.

That's where things get weird.

According to ABC4 in Pittsburgh, Heddinger passed out and his heart stopped four times after he was rushed to a local hospital. Initially, doctors just thought he was drunk. But they quickly suspected something else was up.

Police are now investigating the incident, and the local bar, Kitty O'Shea's, is fully cooperating. Doctors now believe his drink could have been spiked with toxic grain alcohol.

Heddinger says he can't remember what happened that day, but hasn't been able to see since. He's taking oxygen treatments to recover his part of his eyesight, but doctors aren't very hopeful.

"I don't think they tried to kill me. I think they tried to hurt me, but the killing came pretty close," said Heddinger.

Well thats pretty sad that someone would go that far to harm another football fan, but everyone knows that some steelers fans never shut up.

Not saying I wish him harm but have you ever been to PA and seen two cousins fighting over their sisters.

They may have been horsing around and had no idea of the severity consequences of their action. I suspect many of us have at some point had some "Autumn Leaves" which includes grain alcohol as the main ingredient. These Bears fans may have just thought they were "spiking the punch", but they had no idea this guys reaction would be so serious. It is probably not as bad, say, as someone lacing another persons food with LSD.

I mean, we have had the likes of Don Rogers and Len Bias die from taking cocaine. I suspect they had no clue how serious their reactions to those drugs would be....but, death is pretty damn serious.

Lesson learned: don't go putting foreign substances in someone else's consumables. You may think it is a big joke, but it could be a serious matter. I mean, some people could actually die if you put peanut butter in their food unknowingly.

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on November 18, 2009 2:36 PM ET

Steelers fan Zack Heddinger says he was blinded at a Chicago bar by Bears fans after some trash talking gone awry.

Heddinger was in the Windy City for the Steelers 17-14 loss to Chicago in Week Two.

"Basically, I guess, my buddies had gotten into an altercation and they offered a drink as a peacemaker from what I understand," Heddinger said.

That's where things get weird.

According to ABC4 in Pittsburgh, Heddinger passed out and his heart stopped four times after he was rushed to a local hospital. Initially, doctors just thought he was drunk. But they quickly suspected something else was up.

Police are now investigating the incident, and the local bar, Kitty O'Shea's, is fully cooperating. Doctors now believe his drink could have been spiked with toxic grain alcohol.

Heddinger says he can't remember what happened that day, but hasn't been able to see since. He's taking oxygen treatments to recover his part of his eyesight, but doctors aren't very hopeful.

"I don't think they tried to kill me. I think they tried to hurt me, but the killing came pretty close," said Heddinger.

The guy is blind! For someone who acts like he wants to kill a football player for having a collision with your man lover you seem to be awful passive about this.......you are obviously in need of counseling.

You are an apparent fool for not being able to comprehend what I am saying. I am saying simply that 'spiking the punch' with alcohol as these guys apparently did had far more serious consequences than these guys intended. The serious result of this guy getting blinded I am sure was probably unforseeable or at least unforseen to them. That doesn't lessen the seriousness of the consequence

The intent and the consequences of lacing somebodies food/drink with LSD are more apparent. Normally you would think there would far greater chances of harmful side effects from the drug as opposed to the alcohol. After all, the guy did know that he was being bought a "drink". Apparently however the potency of that drink was far beyond either parties comprehension.

wow i may not like steeler's fans, but wow. making another guy blind isn't that bad? how could anyone say that? this is horrible. anyone who thinks this isn't so bad is ridiculous. imagine if this had happened to a brown's fan: how would you feel then? imagine if it happened to you and you were blind... because of a football game. how would you feel then?

wow i may not like steeler's fans, but wow. making another guy blind isn't that bad? how could anyone say that? this is horrible. anyone who thinks this isn't so bad is ridiculous. imagine if this had happened to a brown's fan: how would you feel then? imagine if it happened to you and you were blind... because of a football game. how would you feel then?

at least id never have to watch the browns "play" football again

You are an apparent fool for not being able to comprehend what I am saying. I am saying simply that 'spiking the punch' with alcohol as these guys apparently did had far more serious consequences than these guys intended. The serious result of this guy getting blinded I am sure was probably unforseeable or at least unforseen to them. .

You are giving them the benefit of the doubt. They probably didn't care what the consequences were and might have known exactly what could happen

You are giving them the benefit of the doubt. They probably didn't care what the consequences were and might have known exactly what could happen

Yea, perhaps I am giving them the benefit of the doubt. I just don't think they intended to blind someone. I just can't believe that would be the case. Were they stupid and pulling a foolish prank to try to get the guy wasted drunk? Perhaps, but did they have evil intent? I just can't really think that was the case.

Archived