THE BROWNS BOARD

Toilet Bowl '09: Browns vs. Lions

bonedawg

We all know this is going to be an epic battle between two titans of the NFL. Here are both teams' stats coming into this week (spoiler: we're worse!)

Offense

Detroit Rank 26th Total Yards-2645 YDS/G-293.9 Pass-1717 Rush-928 Points-143 Points/G-15.9

Cleveland Rank 32nd Total Yards-1929 YDS/G-214.3 Pass-1046 Rush-883 Points-78 Points/G-8.7

Defense

Detroit Rank 31st Yards Allowed-3476 YDS/G-386.2 Pass-2445 Rush-1031 Points-264 Points/G-29.3

Cleveland Rank 32nd Yard Allowed-3547 YDS/G-394.1 Pass-2055 Rush-1492 Points-225 Points/G-25.0

The fact that we are averaging 8.7 points per game is the most pathetic stat I have ever seen. To put it into perspective, the 0-16 Lions averaged 16.8 points per game. Thank God for that 6-3 win against Buffalo.

I posted this elsewhere, but if we keep up that scoring pace, it will be the lowest in modern football history. It works out to 139 for the year. The record for fewest points in a 16 game season is 143, held by the Indianapolis Colts. Hey, if were going to stink, might as well set a few all-time records on the way. :)

I posted this elsewhere, but if we keep up that scoring pace, it will be the lowest in modern football history. It works out to 139 for the year. The record for fewest points in a 16 game season is 143, held by the Indianapolis Colts. Hey, if were going to stink, might as well set a few all-time records on the way. :)

Amazing stat. I mean we are going to break all time lows that go back to before passing was introduced into the game of football.

i already said a week ago the Lions would beat us. We have no single weapon on offense, we traded our two weapons. They have a awesome reciever and a few decent ones to go along with him. The Lions issue is they needed a QB at a bad time. This past draft had no real stand out QB... kind of like the Russel/quinn draft.

Amazing stat. I mean we are going to break all time lows that go back to before passing was introduced into the game of football.

It's modern football history 16 game season. :) I'm too lazy to look up the exact year, and numbers- but the Cincinnati Reds yes, there was an NFL team by that name- set the all time record back in the 1930's. And that's how many points they scored- like 35 or so, that's for the season, not a game.

I like this game for many reasons. We are testing ourselves versus a weak but promising team. Some things i will be looking out for.

* Can Quinn move the chain forward now that our OL will buy him some time to throw the ball ?

* Can the receivers and/or TE's get separation and catch the ball ?

* Can any of our RB's not named JL get a 100 yard game ?

* Are we going to see successful throws that are beyond 10 yards (not even 20) ?

* Can we score a meaningful touchdown ?

These 7 questions will truly tell us the state of our offense. Did I miss any points ?

no joke, my defense this week is playing new england this week in fantasy and i picked up the lions. it hurts me to do it but come on, you all know it was a good move.

OUCH! Can't say I blame you though considering the Browns ability to score this year.

By looking at the stats and playmakers on both teams it seems Detroit has a slight edge but if the Browns D shows up and we don't have any pick - 6's (both big ifs!) against us I can see this ugly game ending in a 0-0 tie.

I like this game for many reasons. We are testing ourselves versus a weak but promising team. Some things i will be looking out for.

* Can Quinn move the chain forward now that our OL will buy him some time to throw the ball ?

* Can the receivers and/or TE's get separation and catch the ball ?

* Can any of our RB's not named JL get a 100 yard game ?

* Are we going to see successful throws that are beyond 10 yards (not even 20) ?

* Can we score a meaningful touchdown ?

These 7 questions will truly tell us the state of our offense. Did I miss any points ?

didn't harrison have our last 100+ game? we need to be done with JL.

Archived