THE BROWNS BOARD

Toilet Bowl '09: Browns vs. Lions

bonedawg

no joke, my defense this week is playing new england this week in fantasy and i picked up the lions. it hurts me to do it but come on, you all know it was a good move.

i've had detroits D as one of two D's for a while. They actually A- don't have HUGE blowouts all the time, and B- manage about 2-3 turnovers a game.

they aren't a terrible play. I also am starting them in one of my leagues (over Colts..playing Ravens).

also, my league figures return yards into team D (i dunno why), which makes Detroit a huge play. they get kicked-off to a lot.

17-3.

i like the games where we take the opening possesion and march down the field..... for a FG.

so we think, "eh, okay...we might do allright."

and then we do NOTHING offensively the rest of the game.

I've seen more of these games than I care to remember. The offense goes into hibernation until we are down 21-3. I wonder how many times this has happened in the past 3 years?

In all honesty, I cannot predict how this game will turn out. They've had a decently tough schedule themselves, outside of Seattle, Washington, and St. Louis. It's not as tough as ours was, but it's not a cupcake-athon, either. They have offensive playmakers, we do not. I think we can have a better defense performance though, if they play like they did last week. The only bright side I see is that this game SHOULD give Quinn a chance to actually drop back without being instantly pressured for once in his career. Hopefully that will give him some confidence.

Honestly, I'd rather watch a replay of one of those 1950's championship games between the Browns and Lions. You know, Otto Graham? Bobby Layne? Paul Brown? Dante Lavelli?

Hard to believe these 2 teams played for all the marbles 4 times in the 1950's. <_<

Archived