THE BROWNS BOARD

All Down Hill From Here

Chicopee John

While I hope for (dare I say, 'expect) a Browns win today, the weekend was crowned yesterday when the UCONN Huskies traveled to storied Notre Dame and beat the Fighting Irish.

I know the Irish have had problems but, still, lowly UCONN - only a Division I football school for 10 years - is now on the map, if only for the heritage and aura of Notre Dame.

Coach Randy Edsall, once again, will be a hot coaching prospect over the off season but, I believe, the tragedy of this season and the way he navigated this team through adversity was remarkable and, I hope, enough to stay in Storrs.

Next up, Syracuse in Hartford. Coming up for that one Tommy F???

While I hope for (dare I say, 'expect) a Browns win today, the weekend was crowned yesterday when the UCONN Huskies traveled to storied Notre Dame and beat the Fighting Irish.

I know the Irish have had problems but, still, lowly UCONN - only a Division I football school for 10 years - is now on the map, if only for the heritage and aura of Notre Dame.

Coach Randy Edsall, once again, will be a hot coaching prospect over the off season but, I believe, the tragedy of this season and the way he navigated this team through adversity was remarkable and, I hope, enough to stay in Storrs.

Next up, Syracuse in Hartford. Coming up for that one Tommy F???

I don't think there's any way he leaves John. I've watched him since they were playing on campus in Storrs. Facilities are fantastic. He's developed a niche for himself. I think he's one of the most underrated coaches in college football.

I don't think there's any way he leaves John. I've watched him since they were playing on campus in Storrs. Facilities are fantastic. He's developed a niche for himself. I think he's one of the most underrated coaches in college football.

Are you an alum?

Edsall has been a hot commodity each of the past few years. Yes, UCONN's facilities are rated behind only Oregon's, thanks to Nike out there.

He's making about $1.4 Million, about 100k less than Jimmy Calhoun.

I talk with Jeff Hathaway, UCONN's AD once in a while and I keep telling him that he can't let him slip away. He says he is committed to keeping him where he is.

HE could be on ND's hit list, even before yesterday.

Are you an alum?

Edsall has been a hot commodity each of the past few years. Yes, UCONN's facilities are rated behind only Oregon's, thanks to Nike out there.

He's making about $1.4 Million, about 100k less than Jimmy Calhoun.

I talk with Jeff Hathaway, UCONN's AD once in a while and I keep telling him that he can't let him slip away. He says he is committed to keeping him where he is.

HE could be on ND's hit list, even before yesterday.

Not quite. I did my residency at UConn. I've met Jeff once or twice myself. I think Randy has been flying under the radar for years and I've always thought that if ND opened up again, it would be one of the few jobs he'd listen to offers on.

Not quite. I did my residency at UConn. I've met Jeff once or twice myself. I think Randy has been flying under the radar for years and I've always thought that if ND opened up again, it would be one of the few jobs he'd listen to offers on.

Hathaway is a nice guy who is willing to talk just about anywhere and is appreciative of interest in his big 3 programs. He lives a few streets away but I have run across him mostly at the local Panera Bread.

So I should call you Dr. Earl. Unfortunately is seems like John Dempsey Hospital is in a bit of a mess.

Thanks for your insight and input.

Hathaway is a nice guy who is willing to talk just about anywhere and is appreciative of interest in his big 3 programs. He lives a few streets away but I have run across him mostly at the local Panera Bread.

So I should call you Dr. Earl. Unfortunately is seems like John Dempsey Hospital is in a bit of a mess.

Thanks for your insight and input.

Dempsey has always been a mess. Glad I'm not there anymore. Great teachers. Horrible infrastructure and culture.

the problem is notre dame gets way overhyped every year, and when they aren't good fans and people don't understand why. Looking at this team objectively people had to see how much of a liability the defense was. I'll admit Jimmy has looked better than i thought, but notre dame just isn't good. They just aren't getting good recruits, and that lies heavily on ol Charlie.

Archived