THE BROWNS BOARD

Screwed Again

Bob806

Replay once again is a worthless piece of shit.

Stafford passes the blue line, no call inside of 2 minute warning....WTF.

Interference in endzone? How does any ref make that call?

I took this loss badly. One of the more emotional losses for me in some time.

Probably since the Cincy game when the refs called the OT FG "good," when it was wide right. This is ridiculous.

yeah, lets call a timeout and give the lions a chance to re-group and switch QBs for the final play.

That is the one thing that i can not understand. A new QB comes into the game with only one play left and you call timeout?!?! Really, what the hell?

That is the one thing that i can not understand. A new QB comes into the game with only one play left and you call timeout?!?! Really, what the hell?

1. We shouldn't of been in that situation anyways.

2. Mangini had no clue Stafford would be back in. You have to call a TO to regroup if the huge Culpepper is in.

I am pissed about the Pass Interference call and the 4th timeout.

I'd rather have the right defensive personnel on the field.

They had Culpepper out there before Mangina called the timeout. Culpepper... off the bench... rusty at best... shouldn't have given the Lions a timeout to get Stafford time to get back out there to throw the winning TD.

1. We shouldn't of been in that situation anyways.

2. Mangini had no clue Stafford would be back in. You have to call a TO to regroup if the huge Culpepper is in.

I am pissed about the Pass Interference call and the 4th timeout.

You're right the Browns should have not been in that situation. But it's the Browns and i expected something strange to happen.

Replay once again is a worthless piece of shit.

Stafford passes the blue line, no call inside of 2 minute warning....WTF.

Interference in endzone? How does any ref make that call?

Anyone hear what the announcer said about Detroit not having any timeouts remaining when they were charged an injury timeout with no timeouts remaining? It's supposed to be a runoff of remaining clock meaning game over.

Unfortunately did ANYONE see what little Bo Peep (#23) did in the back of the end zone? OMG, it was the lamest effort I've seen and he was all over the receiver the entire time the ball was in the air with his back to the ball. It didn't just draw 1 flag. It got 2. NORMALLY, they don't call this kind of penalty but since Stafford had 3 hours to make the throw - it was easy to find 1 guy sandbagging like #23 was. Bo Peep or Poteat or Botique really hurt us on that. I saw the replay and don't think the refs got it wrong unfortunately. Who got it wrong was Ryan for trusting Little Bo Peep and Little Bo Peep for not justifying why he's being paid 6 digits. What else was he asked to do today? I'd love to be that lame collecting a 6 digit salary this day and age.

Our defense was a colossal disappointment today. It's too bad they couldn't have saved their MNF performance for today. I don't know what Rob Ryan did in practice with these guys all week but today they made the Detroit freakin Lions offense look unstoppable. That's pretty tough to do.

Offensively, it was actually fun to watch for a change. MAYBE we don't have to get desperate at QB afterall if we can add some weapons for him. I think the entire Dawg Pound needed to see this from Quinn today - same with our coaching staff and his teammates for that matter. You would have thought it would have given reason for the defense to show up and play for the cause.

The end sucked, but I think we should have gone for the kill when we got up 24-3. Just little things like Jennings' dropped pass with noone between him and the goal line becomes the difference between winning and losing. I think our defense needs a leader to emerge especially on a day like this. It didn't happen.

- Tom F.

Anyone hear what the announcer said about Detroit not having any timeouts remaining when they were charged an injury timeout with no timeouts remaining? It's supposed to be a runoff of remaining clock meaning game over.

Unfortunately did ANYONE see what little Bo Peep (#23) did in the back of the end zone? OMG, it was the lamest effort I've seen and he was all over the receiver the entire time the ball was in the air with his back to the ball. It didn't just draw 1 flag. It got 2. NORMALLY, they don't call this kind of penalty but since Stafford had 3 hours to make the throw - it was easy to find 1 guy sandbagging like #23 was. Bo Peep or Poteat or Botique really hurt us on that. I saw the replay and don't think the refs got it wrong unfortunately. Who got it wrong was Ryan for trusting Little Bo Peep and Little Bo Peep for not justifying why he's being paid 6 digits. What else was he asked to do today? I'd love to be that lame collecting a 6 digit salary this day and age.

Our defense was a colossal disappointment today. It's too bad they couldn't have saved their MNF performance for today. I don't know what Rob Ryan did in practice with these guys all week but today they made the Detroit freakin Lions offense look unstoppable. That's pretty tough to do.

Offensively, it was actually fun to watch for a change. MAYBE we don't have to get desperate at QB afterall if we can add some weapons for him. I think the entire Dawg Pound needed to see this from Quinn today - same with our coaching staff and his teammates for that matter. You would have thought it would have given reason for the defense to show up and play for the cause.

The end sucked, but I think we should have gone for the kill when we got up 24-3. Just little things like Jennings' dropped pass with noone between him and the goal line becomes the difference between winning and losing. I think our defense needs a leader to emerge especially on a day like this. It didn't happen.

- Tom F.

Tom, there was no time to run off, and either way, a game can't end on a defensive penalty.

They could have taken the clock to -20 and the Lions would have had one last play.

Tom, there was no time to run off, and either way, a game can't end on a defensive penalty.

They could have taken the clock to -20 and the Lions would have had one last play.

I looked up the rule. The NFL allows a fourth timeout for injury under 2 minutes as long as the player leaves the field. Usually there is a ten second runoff but the game couldn't end on DPI.

From now on, every NFL Hail Mary at the end of a game should be flagged for DPI and an untimed play run from the 1.

that spot was absolutely horrible. however, mangini should have challenged it. replay showed that he was short and we would have gotten the ball back. this one's on mangini- or at least the people up in the booth who should have told him to challenge it. they really screwed this one up.

On what play are you referring to Stafford crossing the LOS?

If you watch this video through until the replay from behind the Lions, you will see the reciever being literally mauled and tackled.

It was early in the final drive, maybe the third play, on a simple dump to Pettigrew, I believe. Stafford scrambled out of trouble, knew he was near the line of scrimmage, and back peddled. The blue line on TV was definitely crossed, yet no "booth review" was issued. IMHO, that should have been reviewed, and since it's in the last 2 minutes, a 10 second run off and a penalty would have been issued to Detroit.

No doubt about it, if that was the Colts, New England, Pittsburgh, Denver for instance, that play gets REVIEWED.

Ditto on the PI in the end zone...do you think Polamalu, Sanders, Ronnie Lott, etc. would ever get called on that? Didn't think so......................................

On what play are you referring to Stafford crossing the LOS?

If you watch this video through until the replay from behind the Lions, you will see the reciever being literally mauled and tackled.

Nope, that play happed about two snaps earlier. Stafford clearly had his foot on the imaginary blue line, should have been an illegal forward pass.

Nope, that play happed about two snaps earlier. Stafford clearly had his foot on the imaginary blue line, should have been an illegal forward pass.

Not necessarily. The ball has to be past the line of scrimmage. His feet and body can be over as long as the ball is behind it.

As long as we're talking about a game of inches, I thought Stafford's progress was stopped a good half yard from the first down on that 4th and short and yet they let it keep going. That seemed a bit long but perhaps I'm just thinking about it with my heart rather than my head.

That's a good point. Those announcers sucked yesterday. It was Cleveland that called for the timeout anyway.

Unfortunately, I thought the interference penalty was a RIGHT call. The mugging of Calvin Johnson with the back to the ball was totally unnecessary and un warranted based on the number of bodies we had in the end zone for the jump ball. We rushed 3 which is why it felt like Stafford was running a 10K on that 2nd to last play.

IF Bo Peep was facing the football instead of shoving Johnson out of bounds with his back to the ball when it was in the air - the refs won't throw that flag. It's really that simple.

- Tom F.

That's a good point. Those announcers sucked yesterday. It was Cleveland that called for the timeout anyway.

Unfortunately, I thought the interference penalty was a RIGHT call. The mugging of Calvin Johnson with the back to the ball was totally unnecessary and un warranted based on the number of bodies we had in the end zone for the jump ball. We rushed 3 which is why it felt like Stafford was running a 10K on that 2nd to last play.

IF Bo Peep was facing the football instead of shoving Johnson out of bounds with his back to the ball when it was in the air - the refs won't throw that flag. It's really that simple.

- Tom F.

I can get past that last play Tom but only if Poteat is replaced in that situation going forward. For as much as Mangini practices the Hail Mary defense and as long as Poteat has been around....to not know the rule or the spirit with which it's enforced is absolutely inexcusable and cost the team the game. If it never happened, we'd all be talking about Cincy and how maybe the offense showed us something for once.

I can get past that last play Tom but only if Poteat is replaced in that situation going forward. For as much as Mangini practices the Hail Mary defense and as long as Poteat has been around....to not know the rule or the spirit with which it's enforced is absolutely inexcusable and cost the team the game. If it never happened, we'd all be talking about Cincy and how maybe the offense showed us something for once.

Poteat was torched by legendary Browns QB Kelly Holcomb in our only playoff appearance since we came back. He sucked then, and he really sucks now.

Archived