THE BROWNS BOARD

F'ck this Team

bonedawg

No one was whining, I simply posted pretty much that todays game bored me, and didn't keep my interest.

You see, I like football and I am more defensive minded than anything. Seeing rainbow passes that might have drawn rain if not in a dome, come down to a receiver who has to wait on it and still have 5-10 yard cushion on the coverage, makes me yawn.

Getting Spotted 21-points by (arguablly) the worst team in the league, and still losing, doesn't have the words, "Best game we've seen all year" roll off my lips too easily.

I suppose if your a Brady Quinn fan, moreso than a Browns fan, today was a great game. But if your a fan of defense, today wasn't a game at all.

Um, so I guess you "enjoyed" 6-3 Buffalo game? The only thing bearable about that game was the Browns won in a game I'm sure both teams would call embarrasing.

Why bring up the snide "Quinn fan" remark unless you want to start another QB thread war? Frankly I don't care if Fidel F'ing Castro is our QB as long as he can avoid the rush long enough to get the ball down field to an open receiver.

I was just happy to see for the first time (oh, OK the 2nd time - Cinci game) the offense actually played well as a team and gave me a reason to try to see the game through any means necessary. Watching this team put zeros or the occasional field goal on the board week after week was getting old. It got to the point where I would pick the Browns to score the least number of points in the pickem league everyweek, it was that pathetic.

Quinn Rag? I thought I was ripping on both teams defense?

I suppose Stanton is the 5-TD per game QB that someone thought he was too ...

Yeah, both team's defenses sucked big time yesterday. FWIW, on Quinn's two TD bombs, I've never seen wrs get that open twice in one game on fly routes.

Oh, and BTW, on that big gain the Lions got on their first series, it was even worse- the Browns totally forgot to cover the guy- there wasn't a white jersey within 20 yards of him when he caught the ball.

Now seniors Dabol and Mangini, did you forget the axiom "if somethings working, you keep doing it until the other team figures out how to stop it"? The Lions were getting shredded through the air, yet we went to turtle ball in the second quarter, and let the Lions get back in the game. Then when it is time to play turtle ball- third and six with 2:00 left in the game- Lions out of time outs, we let it fly. Hard to tell if Quinn threw a bad pass, or more likely, Massaquoi ran the wrong route.

Based on one game, Stafford looks like he could be the franchise qb the Lions thought they drafted.

To reiterate, all I'm saying is Quinn looked OK when given time to throw, and his receivers were getting open. Based on what I saw yesterday, part of the problem may be our wrs are flat-out not good enough to get open against top secondaries. I'm certainly not saying (yet) Brady's the quarterback of the future here, we can make that decision at the end of the year. Don't you agree it sure would help us if we don't have to use another first round pick on a quarterback next year? Lord knows that defense needs some help.

I don't know what it must feel like but I wouldn't give up the ship! I was a Pirate fan growing up but not a rabid fan so it didn't bother me that much when they went in to the shitter and stayed there.....hell baseball isn't even a sport!

But, I would hang in there.......If I put myself in you guys position, all it would take to make me shake with excitement is two simple things. Fire Mangini and announce a "czar" to take over football operations!

Even the 4-12 season followed by the 6-10 season would be exciting if I saw the right things being done in the organization!

I'll never be a rabid baseball fan until they introduce revenue sharing the same way the NFL does, and have a relatively hard salary cap. I'm sick of seeing teams like the Pirates, Indians, and Royals being farm clubs for the Yankees and Red Sox. You may not be able to buy a World Series every year, but you sure as hell can buy a competitive team.

Seeing Cliff Lee and CC Sabathia in the World Series was almost as pukeful as watching the Browns get beat by the Lions.

Big tough guys telling us how to be a fan.

No one was whining, I simply posted pretty much that todays game bored me, and didn't keep my interest.

You see, I like football and I am more defensive minded than anything. Seeing rainbow passes that might have drawn rain if not in a dome, come down to a receiver who has to wait on it and still have 5-10 yard cushion on the coverage, makes me yawn.

Getting Spotted 21-points by (arguablly) the worst team in the league, and still losing, doesn't have the words, "Best game we've seen all year" roll off my lips too easily.

I suppose if your a Brady Quinn fan, moreso than a Browns fan, today was a great game. But if your a fan of defense, today wasn't a game at all.

Save the tough guy act, boys. It sounded gay.

Tough????Really

I do not post much as you do with your 98789769876796 posts, but I read everything on the board. The fact is, is you make me sick with comments like my team left 10 years ago...really. If they left then why root for this team......

I do not care what everybody thinks about you, but someone had to say it. You are a fan that the Browns do not want. Your like the guy at the bar who gets tanked, the manager kickes him out and on the way out your telling him how much money you spend at the bar and have a right to stay....Nobody cares,the Browns do not want you as a fan, they wanted you 10 years ago.....

Now...Your defense type guy ok well I to like Defense and our Defense made me sick on Sunday, but I watched every single play and didnt yawn because it was fun game to watch.....

Archived