THE BROWNS BOARD

Opinions On Quinn Now?

BrownsFan4Evr

What are your thoughts on BQ after today's game? I know it was the Lions, but he looked very good as far as his throws go, and he proved he can throw deep. Two dropped TD passes, that if they had been caught, would have definitely changed the outcome of this game. I'm all for letting him continue to develop, and I still think he can be a very good QB for the Browns.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

REDEMPTION: Those of us who have vehemently defended (ad nauseum) that Quinn can throw long have to feel a bit relieved. Maybe we can finall tell those who say he cannot throw the ball long and on target can finally SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP... I know it's the lions.. but for the most part...on target catchable balls. and no DA-like throws into double and triple coverage. triple digit qb rating.. Zero picks.

Guest Metcalf_FTW

Both QBs looked good against the Lions in the preseason if I remember correctly. I just know that Quinn looked like crap every other game this week. Hopefully he just needed a confidence game, but he played very well against the Lions.

he had a better qb rating than 15 and threw for 300 yards and we lost.... give me anderson <_<:rolleyes:

but seriously he played well and it could be a confidence game for him throwing the ball deep. Mass also played well and hopefully it continues the rest of the season

Guest birddog1
It was the lions ...

Right but aren't NFL quarterbacks supposed to perform well against poor teams? We did put up 37 points and I will take that everyday and twice on Sunday. At the very least you have to say it's worth seeing what he has for a bit longer.

He looked awesome, deffenantly improved on his performance from last week and thats all you can ask for outta a young QB. And Peyton Manning only scored 14 on the ravens D today so that makes me feel a little bit better about Quinns performance last week. Now if we can take the D's performance on MNF and the O's performance today and put them in one game will be unbeatable.

I think the play calling was the primary reason for Quinn looking good today. They spread the plays out. Previously they looked like a middle school offense. Run up the middle, 3 yard pass, etc. Too bad the Defense sucked today. Quinn had a great game. I hope this keeps up the rest of the season.

fort those who say it was the Lions, well they were saying the same thing, we are playing the Browns......

We still need a playmaker on the Offense.....

Quinn looked great, I hope he does this the rest of the season then we do not need to draft a QB

I like Jennings, but still not a gamebreaker, still need a RB

Defense, what can you say, they were HOT TRASH....

We are the worse team in the NFL..... Detriot is a better team...sorry its true

I will say it was fun to watch thou....

fort those who say it was the Lions, well they were saying the same thing, we are playing the Browns......

We are the only NFL team that plays a 3-0 base defense. We have no LBs at all--the entire 2nd quarter, and even the first play of the game for the Lions (screen to RB Smith), they were invisible.

We need to draft an impact LB & FS in the draft.

Finally, signs of life!!!

I feel better about this game then the Buffalo win. The fact that BQ was able to actually see and convert on wide open guys down the field gives me hope for this guy yet. And also, there were 2 other dropped TD passes which would have added another 10 points.

I don't mind mind watching a team that actually gives me some kind of hope on Sunday.

I have to admit that Monday night had me thinking that Quinn might very well be the bust that people were saying he is. Looking overwhelmed and throwing deep balls fifteen yards out of bounds had me skeptical. He was off on all of the throws.

Today, he played the Lions. Their defense will not be confused with the Pittsburghs or the Baltimores but I wasn't looking to see how open guys were. I was looking to see:

1) Can he direct the team pre-snap? (No delays of game. Had good pre-snap reads it seemed and repositioned the TE when he was wide out in the WildDawg)

2) Can he keep his eyes downfield and look off the safeties? (He did that)

3) Can he step up in the pocket when he senses the rush or extend the play when needed? (He did that especially on the TD to Gaines)

4) How consistent were his mechanics? Brady Quinn is not a guy who can afford poor mechanics and succeed. Unfortunately, his worst mechanics in a throw came on the last throw he made that wound up sailing wide of the receiver on third and five.

5) How well does he place the ball? This is a combination of anticipation and accuracy. I wasn't pleased with the throw to Furrey on the goal line. I think he's still placing the ball behind his receiver but today was better.

6) Would he stop checking down and throw the deep ball? I have to admit that I was impressed with just about every deep ball he threw. I felt that the two that Massaquoi DIDN'T catch were as much on the WR. MoMass didn't really play the ball.

7) Could he play a turnover-free game? He did.

I am not a Quinn-lover or hater. I just want to know if he can do the job. Today, he was as good as I've ever seen him and it gives me a little more hope after MNF. Granted, he needs to do this against better teams than the Lions but I think that the rest of the offense needs to pick it up as well. You have to consider that the defenses we've faced until this week have been generally good.

I'd grade him out well and find room for cautious optimism. He needs to build on this.

I have to admit that Monday night had me thinking that Quinn might very well be the bust that people were saying he is. Looking overwhelmed and throwing deep balls fifteen yards out of bounds had me skeptical. He was off on all of the throws.

Today, he played the Lions. Their defense will not be confused with the Pittsburghs or the Baltimores but I wasn't looking to see how open guys were. I was looking to see:

1) Can he direct the team pre-snap? (No delays of game. Had good pre-snap reads it seemed and repositioned the TE when he was wide out in the WildDawg)

2) Can he keep his eyes downfield and look off the safeties? (He did that)

3) Can he step up in the pocket when he senses the rush or extend the play when needed? (He did that especially on the TD to Gaines)

4) How consistent were his mechanics? Brady Quinn is not a guy who can afford poor mechanics and succeed. Unfortunately, his worst mechanics in a throw came on the last throw he made that wound up sailing wide of the receiver on third and five.

5) How well does he place the ball? This is a combination of anticipation and accuracy. I wasn't pleased with the throw to Furrey on the goal line. I think he's still placing the ball behind his receiver but today was better.

6) Would he stop checking down and throw the deep ball? I have to admit that I was impressed with just about every deep ball he threw. I felt that the two that Massaquoi DIDN'T catch were as much on the WR. MoMass didn't really play the ball.

7) Could he play a turnover-free game? He did.

I am not a Quinn-lover or hater. I just want to know if he can do the job. Today, he was as good as I've ever seen him and it gives me a little more hope after MNF. Granted, he needs to do this against better teams than the Lions but I think that the rest of the offense needs to pick it up as well. You have to consider that the defenses we've faced until this week have been generally good.

I'd grade him out well and find room for cautious optimism. He needs to build on this.

Thanks for the analysis

I was really impressed with Quinn today. I think we need to focus on getting more tools in the offseason for him to work with rather than replace him. BYE BYE DA. Don't let the door hit you on the way out!

We all knew Quinn needed to show some kind of improvement today and he didn't disappoint. In a rebuilding season like this one games like this are important because it shows the team still has a pulse. It's important that he not go out next week and keep up the momentum. I'll be pleased if we get at least two meaningful touchdowns out of the guy - I'm not talking about garbage time scores.

It's too bad he didn't get more opportunities after the first Baltimore game because he could have used the extra experience.

What we learned about Quinn today is that when he has time to throw, he can be very accurate. I think that the Ravens defense is in his head (he wouldn't be the first QB this happened to). The receivers did a good job catching the ball and the running game was decent. I know it was against the Lions, so let's see what Quinn does next week against Cincinatti. Hopefully this game will give the offense some confidence that they can get the job done.

Oh, and for all those who complained about the trade of Braylon Edwards to the Jets? He had one catch for 10 yards today. And for the rest who complained that we passed on Mark Sanchez? He had 4 interceptions today.

How many of those ints. deflected of Braylon's hands? Little dissapointed wish he was doing better, need to get that 2nd rd. pick although the way there playing it will still be a pretty high 3rd which is good to. Will be able to get an impactful TE with that pick and still have our early 3rd rounder for safety, RB, O-line or whichever direction they decide to go. That trade is looking better every game, Trusnik looks like he belongs and stuckey had a big day today. I think we robbed NY blind all season, I guarantee they wish they had Mangini back.

We still need a playmaker on the Offense.....

Quinn looked great, I hope he does this the rest of the season then we do not need to draft a QB

I like Jennings, but still not a gamebreaker, still need a RB

We are the worse team in the NFL..... Detriot is a better team...sorry its true

I will say it was fun to watch thou....

[/quo

Either that or we got xxxxed on that last play call, we are better than detroit, just got xxxxed again, kinda like in pit, just sayin...your an idiot

Quinn had a great game, statistically or otherwise. This game should have boosted his confidence, and he can hopefully take that into next week against a formidable Bungles defense that has to be royally peeved after losing to Oakland. If we can find our defense, and our offense plays like they did today, we could possibly steal this game right out from under them. It will be tough, and I'm not expecting much, to tell you the truth.

Quinn had a good game, and I hope he continues to improve, but I'm definitely no where near sold on him yet.

he played a secondary which has THREE INTs combined the entire season(in their starting line up), by the time he plays an at least a little below average secondary/defense, I'll be a little be more sold. I'd be completely sold if he had a good performance against an above average one obviously.

let's see how he does against the Bengals(I really do think he'd do a lot better with Winslow out there though).

Archived