THE BROWNS BOARD

Opinions On Quinn Now?

BrownsFan4Evr

Today, he played the Lions. Their defense will not be confused with the Pittsburghs or the Baltimores but I wasn't looking to see how open guys were. I was looking to see:

(points 1-6)

7) Could he play a turnover-free game? He did.

I am not a Quinn-lover or hater. I just want to know if he can do the job. Today, he was as good as I've ever seen him and it gives me a little more hope after MNF. Granted, he needs to do this against better teams than the Lions but I think that the rest of the offense needs to pick it up as well. You have to consider that the defenses we've faced until this week have been generally good.

I'd grade him out well and find room for cautious optimism. He needs to build on this.

well put. it'd be nice if quinn pans out. i like the "cautious optimism". And we all want to win. I just don't want to hear ANYBODY saying that BQ was the savior and "i told you so." He stumbled out of the gate, and that's what happens.

if he learns from it and gets (a lot?) better, great for the Browns.

i just hope one way or another we can put the QB controversy and the "i told you so's" to rest.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nobody said Quinn couldn't throw long passes. The question has always been whether he can throw that 20 yard pass accurately into a seam in coverage and can he accurately throw an out route.

I'm hoping at the end of the season that Brady Quinn lovers can say "Brady, Brady he's our man" and nobody will have a reason to disagree. We have a much better chance of improving the team in one off season if we don't draft a QB.

The Best pass Quinn had all day was his first, he put it at the back shoulder of MoMass for a 13 yard gain. NFL type pass great to see......

I hope we see more inthe Cinci game.....

If Quinn turns out to be pretty good these last 6 games then we do not need to draft a QB

Quinn has not been phenomenal, but he looked good. I'm still not sold on him, but we need to play him until the last drive of the season because we cannot afford entering the offseason without knowing if he's going to be our guy or not.

And here I blame the entire team management (be it Lerner, Kokinis, Mangini or the three of them, I don't care) for wasting the games they played DA and taking time away from the biggest test of the season: our QB.

That was reckless and stupid.

Quinn looked great and still needs time to develop. Keep in mind that Troy Aikman only won 1 game as a rookie and Peyton Manning was horrible also. Brady has not had a full season to play at this point. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying he is as good as those guys but relax and give him a chance to grow. Net is the Browns are going to suck for the next year regardless.

Everybody calm down. The kid still can't control where the deep ball is going to end up and he is really inaccurate all over the field. He had a good game but let's give him a few more before we can relax about the QB position. I still, don't have faith in him. All you have to do is what Baltimore did. Play man on the outside and keep a single safety back there. The ball will either go out of bounds or get picked off. Detroit played one-on-one all day and their bad DBs paid the price but you won't get those looks every week in the NFL.

I am hoping with all hope that he can be solid enough to our QB because I would love to not have to go and get one on the offseason. But all I can see is a career backup.

Quinn looked great and still needs time to develop. Keep in mind that Troy Aikman only won 1 game as a rookie and Peyton Manning was horrible also. Brady has not had a full season to play at this point. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying he is as good as those guys but relax and give him a chance to grow. Net is the Browns are going to suck for the next year regardless.

Peyton Manning was not "horrible"

It's funny.....one "ahhhh shit" can often nullify a gaggle of "ataboys" but seldom can one "ataboy" nullify a gaggle of "ahhhh shits"

Very true.....mostly because the good players don't usually string together off games.

Last week was a nice step.

Once Brady gives people the impression that good solid games are the norm and not the exception, then the talk will stop.

I disagree. You are the team with the worst RECORD. That does not make you the worst team. Detroit is the worst team in the league. 0-16 last season? and now only two wins this year? The browns are a few defensive players away from fielding a very competitive football team. I think Brady is the future of the Browns. Good strong arm and he seems to have good decision making skills most of the time. But then all quarterbacks get rattled. You put pressure on big Ben and he starts float wounded ducks all over the field. We proved that against him twice. I do think you need a new coach though. Mangini is a serious loser. A couple good draft picks and a few free agent signings and the Browns are competetors in the AFCN.

fort those who say it was the Lions, well they were saying the same thing, we are playing the Browns......

We still need a playmaker on the Offense.....

Quinn looked great, I hope he does this the rest of the season then we do not need to draft a QB

I like Jennings, but still not a gamebreaker, still need a RB

Defense, what can you say, they were HOT TRASH....

We are the worse team in the NFL..... Detriot is a better team...sorry its true

I will say it was fun to watch thou....

I disagree. You are the team with the worst RECORD. That does not make you the worst team. Detroit is the worst team in the league. 0-16 last season? and now only two wins this year? The browns are a few defensive players away from fielding a very competitive football team. I think Brady is the future of the Browns. Good strong arm and he seems to have good decision making skills most of the time. But then all quarterbacks get rattled. You put pressure on big Ben and he starts float wounded ducks all over the field. We proved that against him twice. I do think you need a new coach though. Mangini is a serious loser. A couple good draft picks and a few free agent signings and the Browns are competetors in the AFCN.

couldnt have said it better myself

Ok......what's your opinion of Quinn now?

He looked like a guy playing on a bad team, playing bad against a good team.

I think that sums it up nicely.

Quinn looked terrible today. He looked like the pre-lion Quinn. It was the Lion's Defense that made Quinn look half way decent, nothing more. Our Defense looked terrible. Our tackling is a laughing stock. We look like a bunch of girls out there trying to tackle. It is embarrassing.

We look like a bunch of girls out there trying to tackle. It is embarrassing.

I have a team of 13 girls that play harder then any guys that I have ever played with, or coached. The Browns would KILL to play with the effort that my 13 girls do........That I promise you.

Whatever. :rolleyes:

As a girl, I appreciate when men are respectful enough to refrain from using "he played like a girl" or similar phrases in a way that suggest that girls are somehow inferior creatures. I realize it's intended as a criticism that suggests weakness or lack of skill but with a little imagination I'm sure you could come up with a statement that does not insult females. I realize that because of size and strength requirements there's virtually no chance a female will ever play professional football but that doesn't mean it is valid to use "he played like a girl" as an insult.

Yeah, he just didn't look confident/relaxed the way he did last week. His accuracy was definitely a problem, and he just didn't seem to be in synch with MoMass at all. The line wasn't great, but they gave him some time and created some holes for the running game.

I know the announcers said that but I'm not sure I totally agree. He was up against a better defense today than last week so I'm sure that was a factor.

There were some accurate throws that were just dropped. Though I didn't keep count, it seemed like most of them were to the TE. BQ and his receivers were definitely not on the same page at times but I don't think that necessarily can be blamed on Quinn. (I'd love to have heard Kosar comment on the various plays.)

Besides, I'd like to see plays that are designed to take more than 4/5 yards. Just to see if the kid can throw the ball that long...

were you not watching last week?

but ya, accuracy wasn't too good, however he was accurate last week. i think he needs to get more comfortable playing the game, he hasn't really played football since college. needs some time to get back into the game.

Archived