THE BROWNS BOARD

Congrats on the QB play today

SuperSteelers

Hopefully, Quinn can continue to play this way for years. He really looked good, better than I expected his best to be......and this may not have even been his best.

On another note, that last play was interference, but who calls that on a hail mary? Why did Poteat not just go for the ball?

Good luck with your Browns....Here's to hoping for a renewed rivalry! :wub:

Quinn played well, made some good throws, and was accurate when going deep. It's sad that all we will see from all the negative people on this board is "It was the lions..."

I was glad to see our O come up big. If only our D from last week showed up. Winning at this point of the season doesn't matter, I just want to look like a pro team.

Quinn played well, made some good throws, and was accurate when going deep. It's sad that all we will see from all the negative people on this board is "It was the lions..."

I was glad to see our O come up big. If only our D from last week showed up. Winning at this point of the season doesn't matter, I just want to look like a pro team.

Quinn's numbers were really good but I am not about to stop worrying about our QBs. His long ball was the farthest thing from accurate. He got away with it because MoMass was one-on-one and we played in a dome. The truth is, he has ZERO control over where the deep ball is going to end up and its scary. Throw a safety back there or god-forbid 5mph wind gusts, and those balls are out of bounds or picked. In fact, we missed on maybe two more TDs because he can't control the deep ball. so the fact remains, he still cannot throw the deep ball. Although it was fun to see plays being made finally. And he missed a few basic short routes because he is still, innaccurate and not very atheletic at all.

What I did like, and it made the O-Line look better, was that he was more comfortable in the pocket. He didn't look scared like he has looked in the past. He stepped up a few times and kept his eyes on the field. That was the only legit progress I saw in his game yesterday but it showed that maybe, this kid can develope still. The thing is though, we need him to be who is going to be this year. If he can't improve his accuracy, or prove that he can throw an accurate deep ball, than the most likely scenario will unfold. He'll be a career back-up.

Quinn's numbers were really good but I am not about to stop worrying about our QBs. His long ball was the farthest thing from accurate. He got away with it because MoMass was one-on-one and we played in a dome. The truth is, he has ZERO control over where the deep ball is going to end up and its scary. Throw a safety back there or god-forbid 5mph wind gusts, and those balls are out of bounds or picked. In fact, we missed on maybe two more TDs because he can't control the deep ball. so the fact remains, he still cannot throw the deep ball. Although it was fun to see plays being made finally. And he missed a few basic short routes because he is still, innaccurate and not very atheletic at all.

What I did like, and it made the O-Line look better, was that he was more comfortable in the pocket. He didn't look scared like he has looked in the past. He stepped up a few times and kept his eyes on the field. That was the only legit progress I saw in his game yesterday but it showed that maybe, this kid can develope still. The thing is though, we need him to be who is going to be this year. If he can't improve his accuracy, or prove that he can throw an accurate deep ball, than the most likely scenario will unfold. He'll be a career back-up.

Yeah, I hope it wasnt just a one time wonder for Quinn...I really would like you guys to be successful. Quinn did show that he can perform and that he can learn, develope, and get the job done.

I believe there was just too much pressure on him to succeed and the results were horrendous to say the least. I believe now he is starting to calm down and realizes his time is almost up at getting his shot at being a #1 QB in this league. I just hope he can continue to improve and stays healthy.

Yes, this game was against the Lions, but they are a pro team. They aren't as bad as the Lions from a few years back, although their record doesn't indicate that statement. In fact, their D isn't as bad as many might think. we only beat them by a TD and they had a chance to tie it in the end, but our D held for once.

Prediction: Quinn will be the cities Kosar Jr......just a thought

If the mighty quinn gets enough time he can be very effective and will only get better..not bad for a guy with less starts in 3 years than sanchez or stafford have in their first year...if mangini would have left him in he likely would have adapted to the less than normal talent around him...who knows?

Guest Metcalf_FTW

This loss was completely Quinn's fault. The defense held tough for four quarters and kept us within reach. It's just a shame that Quinn couldn't convert us on fourth down at the end of the game. That was the sole reason we lost.

Keep it up for six more weeks Brady so that everyone is convinced we don't need a QB in the draft.

I appprove of this only from the standpoint of not believing the answer is taking a QB this year, we have more pressing needs and although QB is a need (Beating the lions pass D doesnt convince me of anything, and no im not a D.A supporter) getting one right now does nothing for this team

Archived