THE BROWNS BOARD

Thank God they lost!! 1st pick on the way!!!

gmp

If we get stuck with the 1st pick, that'll hurt our salary cap situation since the guaranteed money required is astronomical. And if you miss on the pick (like the Browns have done since '99), that will set the team back even worse than they already are.

I don't think this is something to celebrate.

don't worry about the money. they will trade down with someone and hopefully still end up with a top 5 pick and get eric barry.

I might be in the minority on this, but I would love to see the Browns trade down if they get the overall pick..... but yeah, not TOO far down.

I might be in the minority on this, but I would love to see the Browns trade down if they get the overall pick..... but yeah, not TOO far down.

I agree, but I dont see any team wanting to trade into the #1 spot. The only time that really happens is if theres a fanchise QB and since this year theres not a must have QB I dont think the first pick is very appealing. Nobodys gonna move up to take a DT or a S. Hopefully we win a few games so we get outta the 1st pick spot. Lot easier to trade the 5th pick, drop a couple slots and pick up a second.

Historically having the first pick is sometimes awesome, sometimes awful. San Francisco and Oakland are obvious examples in recent years of the latter. If Suh is indeed the best player out there, I wonder whether he can line up next to Rogers. Didn't the Giants win a Super Bowl in large part by having the best D-line in football?

If we get stuck with the 1st pick, that'll hurt our salary cap situation since the guaranteed money required is astronomical. And if you miss on the pick (like the Browns have done since '99), that will set the team back even worse than they already are.

I don't think this is something to celebrate.

IF there even is a salary cap next year, are the Browns and "all the highly paid super stars" on this team really that tight against the cap as of now?

If you're going to be bad, might as well be REALLY bad this season. At least I think that's Lerner's feeling, keeping Mangini on the job until a new GM gets a new coach.

Opt for the higher pick. It's not like the savings between 1 and 3 is going to break the bank in Cleveland. I mean, how high do you guys really think they're gonna finish?

It's not like the savings between 1 and 3 is going to break the bank in Cleveland. I mean, how high do you guys really think they're gonna finish?

I agree with that. Off topic: as a Pats fan, I'm curious whether you want Mangini to succeed or not. Does the rift with BB matter to you as a Pats fan? There is a lot of Mangini hatred out there and it's hard to get where it's coming from, exactly. The stupid NY and Cleveland media is part of it, but...

The #1 pick is a curse. You typically don't get the guy signed until training camp and in the mean-time can't sign good free agents because a big chunk of your cap money is held in reserve until, you get the #1 pick signed. If you don't believe me, look at how the highest average drafting teams have done to get out of that hole. How has the draft helped the Browns, Lions, and Rams in the last 8-10 years.

How about them Squeelers!

don't worry about the money. they will trade down with someone and hopefully still end up with a top 5 pick and get eric barry. i think we just proved we need someone in the defensive backfield to knock someone out.

Yes Eric Berry is the clear cut choice here. We saw that today. Pool was the only DB that played decent. Him and Berry would be great (not sure if they play same safety position, but I am sure one can convert). Having that presence and play maker in the back field would make out DB's better.

Archived