THE BROWNS BOARD

Sarah Palin's book is going BIG

calfoxwc

Nov 20, 6:49 PM (ET)

NEW YORK (AP) - "Going Rogue" is going big.

Publisher HarperCollins said Friday that Sarah Palin's memoir sold 300,000 copies its first day, among the best openings ever for a nonfiction book. In 2004, Bill Clinton's "My Life" debuted with sales of 400,000 copies. The year before, Hillary Rodham Clinton's "Living History" started at 200,000. "Going Rogue" was released this week and its print run already has been increased from 1.5 million copies to 2.5 million, HarperCollins announced Friday. Palin, the former Alaska governor and GOP vice presidential candidate, is in the midst of a nationwide promotional tour.

IN other news, Obamao is helping America's

angst by being completely ineffective and alarming our country...

his approval rating has plummeted to

48 percent.

Obamao is an Anti-American, hateful Ogre.

IN other news, Obamao is helping America's

angst by being completely ineffective and alarming our country...

his approval rating has plummeted to

48 percent.

Obamao is an Anti-American, hateful Ogre.

Keep Dreaming Elephant boy..... the ol (rich, white) boy system is finally DEAD! LMAO!!!

progressive democrats time to serve is going to be short lived, that is why they are spending away our children and grandchildrens inheritance.

They will inherant a socialized country with so much control that they will no longer be able to choose anything on their own without Big Gov telling them how to walk, talk, or how they are allowed to think.

Mark:

Al left, so his "conservatives put their stuff up there where it will get lost and never commented on" thread isn't where I wanted

to put it.

Besides, it was going to get some comments, and I planned follow-ups, which is impossible to plan for accurately, where

Al the libs mod would want it to go.

I'm going to pick up my Palin book tomorrow.

With all the angst and derision by liberals, about and toward Sarah Palin, and "conservatism is dead" baloney...

how is it that her book is selling huge? A big #1 hit EVEN BEFORE it was RELEASED?

I'll tell you a few ways...

1. Most Americans are curious, and many really admire Sarah Palin.

2. A lot of those who voted against the Bush admin, now realize that Obamao is not worth

their vote, and his actions already have made them deeply regret trusting that his "hope and change"

would be what they thought "hope and change" would be. It was not. Many Americans are sick at heart.

It's a given that a lot of them will be curious about what could have been.

3. It my opinion, I was not happy with McCain. I'm less happy with him now. I liked Thompson, with Sarah Palin,

after the fact, as his VP.

4. The media's glaring and corrupt liberal pandering had evolved into demonizing Sarah Palin, trying to humiliate her

and her entire family, viciously, but Americans love an underdog, and Americans believe in honest fair treatment

by the media. Americans KNOW that the bias was huge, and dishonest. Oprah was losing viewers right and left (no pun intended)

and her ratings were finally hugely boosted by having a certain guest, finally, on her show, even though she is

an honorless liberal. Her guest was Sarah Palin.

5. After all the Palin bashing, it is fair to have a pro-Palin thread so we can talk about it, and her book

is a huge news and a huge subject.

6. There isn't a six, but that is because it's coming up on Thanksgiving, and I kept watching the "Prisoner" show

on TV, and it was overwhelmingly jull of disjointed, confusing, rambling, inane flashbacks that made no sense whatsoever,

and at the end, the writer bails and the end is not the end, and the main guy, who was named "Six", which also made no sense,

was cloned or something?

It was a debacle, a boring mish mash of nonsense that is apparently supposed to supply some kind of suspense and intrigue.

It did not work. My guess is, Shep wrote it. Okay, that was just a stupid joke, Shep, because even talking about the boring movie is boring.

But, Sarah Palin would have straightened out the entire village, and would have kicked "Two's" butt, you betcha.

btw,

where the heck did my goofy walnut thread go?

If it was deleted, at least somebody could have told me why,

and called me a butthead or something.

I was going to add to it, to have a FUNNY thread for a change,

and it got cronked?

I blame Obamao, the all powerful face of all that is...

http://www.freedomnuts.org/

SoCalDog should go to the freedomnuts.org website, and click on "Liberal"...

it would do him good. (that link will take him to mz the pussy's neighborhood...)

There is very little doubt she has a loyal and ardent following. Selling less than 2 million books is impressive..... or is it? charlottes web has sold over 45 million copies.... The deathly hallows(harry potter) 44 million..... the lord of the rings 150 million....

the population of the U.S. population? 305 million........ percentage of what that actually means less than 1%

This lady QUIT in the middle of the only major governmental job..... not to mention how much time she took off to run for VP.

Her favorability among her own hyper minority following is not a shot at Obama..... She is popular but not among the independents or moderates which means she is EXTREMELY unlikely to get elected.

Sev, she sold 300,000 copies the FIRST DAY.

You are comparing other book sales over time, to her

sales over days.

If that works for ya, God Bless ya, cause everybody else is laughin !

She resigned because of her mounting legal bills SHE had to pay,

and because the corrupt lib activists were constantly trying to ruin her

with nonsensical and frivolous harrassing lawsuits, which was not helping

things get done for Alaska.

Obamao lost his popularity with most of the middle class moderates and independents.

The pendulum is already swinging, and it hasn't been quit ONE YEAR yet.

That's very, very bad.

Obamao now has the most serious unfavorability rating after about a year than

any other president in history.

Just wait til another year. It will be far worse.

Sev, she sold 300,000 copies the FIRST DAY.

Milli Vanilli sold 1,000,000 records doesn't mean they can sing. The reason I get on you about this and Susan Boyle Cal is there are so many things you are smart enough see right through, but on this, you insist that they are legit talent. You are fooled. And they are phonies.

Sev is right here. The only reason people dig Palin is because they are mad about the Obama. I am too, but I am not going to hold stock in someone who QUIT during their tenure of employment. It's so fake, it's mind boggling that people don't see it.

Give me 10 reasons why I should care about Palin...

cal you really want to go the first day comparison........ The deathly hallows(rowlings harry potter finale) sold JUST in the u.s. 8.3 MILLION in one day....... that means Palin sold about 3.4% in one day compared to a harry potter book.........

So this adolescent fantasy book sold 96.4% more in one day than all of this suppossed anger toward Obama......... whew stop the presses.

Cal she is popular but its with a very small minority that is no longer demographically supported in national level politics. Moderates and independents tip the scale, but she represents a faction of the republicans not even the whole. Do the math 50%(this is generous) of the republican party is only 25% of the total electorate..... that is not enough or even relative anymore.

If we assume each party has 40% and the independents have 20% than she only has a following of 20% of the total electorate meaning 80% of our total population does not support her.

you really should avoid pointing to her book sales as somehow being relevant. Maybe in terms of her own party for an interparty race....... because she will gain support from your extreme religous side which has money to burn but its truly not relevant on a national scale.

She outsold Hillary Clinton's first day.

Shall I go on?

"Oh, the pendulum swings like pendulums do,

O'er a million copies, whatcha gonna do?"

You betcha ! GGG

But it is a huge day for a non fiction Sev.

How'd Obama's book do?

At any rate I think she benefits from the irrational hate the left has for her.

It seems like you guys are a little over the top with the outrage here.

WSS

Steve I am not outraged by any measure, as a business decision she did the right thing. She used her National spotlight and has turned it into millions by "writing" a book and now on the speaking circuit.

She appeals to white non educated, women and rural/religous crowd and now she can cash in on that appeal. There is nothing wrong with that, I just dont think its really relevant in terms of national electorate appeal or any real relevance.

In terms of non fiction book sales..... Open by Agassi is number one and Palins books does not crack the top ten.......(i think it might) like i said a lot of hype but very little substance. her book numbers are good but in comparison to other books fiction or non fiction its really insignificant. (lets see after a couple of months where her book sales are than we can get a better gauge)

Cal bought into the hype of "big" book sales evidently without understanding what "big" book sales in terms of either first day/first week or bestseller list statistics. I dont believe for one minute she wrote anything considering her grammer is atrocious.

This is a financial and political pr campaign...... her own party leaders dont want her except for fundraising......

Sev - I just started a pro-Palin book thread. I'm happy for her - and it is a fun read, so far, the first chapter. so little time...

I haven't said anything about thinking that Palin is going to be elected to office because she sold a lot of books her first day.

She just outsold Hillary Clinton. And Hillary Clinton didn't even get the nomination of her party.

Yes, you are angry about Sarah Palin, because you disagree with her about things. When did having different opinions

become a justified-to-be-hated thing?

And K, I never once inferred that Palin was going to be qualified as a candidate because of her book sales. Nothin.

I like her, I'd vote for her over Obamao to be pres, but that isn't saying much. Down the road, at the dairy farm, I could go

out into the fields, and find the old farmer, and he and any cow he has would be a more honest president than Obamao.

So, K, for your off base inference, and consequent misguided plea for me to grow up... LOL....

http://www.freedomnuts.org/

And K, make sure you click on the "Liberal" button. It's you.

Yes, you are angry about Sarah Palin, because you disagree with her about things. When did having different opinions

become a justified-to-be-hated thing?

I think it must go beyond that.

Sev has often told us just how conservative and family oriented he is.

I really haven't heard Palin espouse any really radicl views.

I'd wonder which of those piss the opposition off?

Can't be that her followers are less educated given Obamas voting demographics.

WSS

You don't have to be liberal or conservative/moderate to dislike palin. I am clearly very secular which she is clearly not.

I find her intellectually insufficient and her leadership examples have been stunningly poor.

Combine stupidity, religion, terrible management, poor leadership, clear examples of abuse of authority, peddling influence for special interest, intellectual laziness..... And well you have a person whom I don't think is qualified for any leadership position

You don't have to be liberal or conservative/moderate to dislike palin. I am clearly very secular which she is clearly not.

I find her intellectually insufficient and her leadership examples have been stunningly poor.

Combine stupidity, religion, terrible management, poor leadership, clear examples of abuse of authority, peddling influence for special interest, intellectual laziness..... And well you have a person whom I don't think is qualified for any leadership position

1. Do you talk like you write? I find that hard to believe. No one talks like you write.

2. The bold in your second paragraph could also pertain to Obammy.

You're welcome.

1. Do you talk like you write? I find that hard to believe. No one talks like you write.

2. The bold in your second paragraph could also pertain to Obammy.

You're welcome.

Diehard, my english grammar is subject to my native Korean language. To answer your question i do speak this way.... it helps and hurts me at times. The fields that i operate in from my finance/real estate company to my software company has some pretty intelligent people (much more than myself). The normal discourse depending upon which social groups do range from one extreme to the other.

When I type on here like that last post (it was from my Iphone) that is exactly what I am thinking (no grammar check) and how i do communicate on the subject of politics.

I am sure you have seen some of my posts on the Browns string on Qb's,Notre Dame, 1st round drafts picks, etc.... its the same pattern.

I do respectfully disagree (especially to intellectual laziness and stupidity something clearly Obama does not fit) on your opinion of Obama and those characterizations as I attribute them to Palin.

Palin's journalism degree from hopping around to multiple colleges.... and quite frankly her lack of knowledge on any policy (vp job), economics, foreign policy..... etc and the fact she rarely reads all point to intellectual laziness. She clearly is not an intellectual..... cunning yes, actually the word cunning fits her perfectly.

One can say exactly the same about Obama.

And when preaching for support to to the devout masses he's less secular than Oral Roberts.

(But I have no beef with your manner of expressing yourself.)

WSS

Archived