THE BROWNS BOARD

Offensive Line

Guest c-dawg

Offensive Line numbers from NFL.com to Consider:

NFL Rank for O-line: 21st Overall

3.7 yds/rush. We rank 28th overall. :(

1014 total for the season. We rank 22nd.

277 Rushing Attempts. We rank 11th.

2TDs. Only the Chiefs are worse. :angry:

24 sacks given up, that makes us 11th there. :)

47 QB Hits puts us in the middle of the pack at 14th. It drops off pretty heavy after that. Jacksonville's QBs have been hit 77 times!

We are definitely a left-handed team. We run left on 1st down over 50% of the time. Also, we have 18 runs of 10+ yards on the left side, 2 up the middle and 9 on the right side.

I think the o-line might be the biggest disappointment for me this season so far, but mainly because I had low expectations for other units/positions. I was really optimistic about Mangini's moves during the off-season on the line, and was hoping that we could be strong up front even without Tucker. Not sure how to explain the weak results, though part of it has to be the lack of experience playing together, along with the fact that our offense is fairly complex. I am optimistic that Mangini will get the line in order over time, provided he keeps his job. The drafts he's been a part of and free agency suggest that he puts a priority on the line. I loved the selection of Mack, and fully expect us to draft o-line again next year in a later round.

I think the o-line might be the biggest disappointment for me this season so far, but mainly because I had low expectations for other units/positions. I was really optimistic about Mangini's moves during the off-season on the line, and was hoping that we could be strong up front even without Tucker. Not sure how to explain the weak results, though part of it has to be the lack of experience playing together, along with the fact that our offense is fairly complex. I am optimistic that Mangini will get the line in order over time, provided he keeps his job. The drafts he's been a part of and free agency suggest that he puts a priority on the line. I loved the selection of Mack, and fully expect us to draft o-line again next year in a later round.

The line has been a big problem, many of us called the right side as bogus from the get go with tucker a non factor as usual due to injuries, and with a crippled rightside steinbach has really been getting overloaded and has been very unimpressive as both a pass and run blocker, he is just getting mauled out there and its making life tough on joe thomas and our rotating QBs...as for mack he still seems to struggle with getting clean snaps especially in the shotgun formation but overall he is a huge upgrade already..

I really dont have much confidence in mangini fixing anything if he keeps his job...he really isnt the kind of good sense coach he pushed himself off to be and has made many not so smart and well beyond repair mistakes with the suffering bill paying fanbase...winning fixes all but mangini consistently gets out hustled by his counterparts and then whines about it and he will never be capable of much beyond good discipline and a non fun team for players and fans...

The line has been a big problem, many of us called the right side as bogus from the get go with tucker a non factor as usual due to injuries, and with a crippled rightside steinbach has really been getting overloaded and has been very unimpressive as both a pass and run blocker, he is just getting mauled out there and its making life tough on joe thomas and our rotating QBs...as for mack he still seems to struggle with getting clean snaps especially in the shotgun formation but overall he is a huge upgrade already..

I really dont have much confidence in mangini fixing anything if he keeps his job...he really isnt the kind of good sense coach he pushed himself off to be and has made many not so smart and well beyond repair mistakes with the suffering bill paying fanbase...winning fixes all but mangini consistently gets out hustled by his counterparts and then whines about it and he will never be capable of much beyond good discipline and a non fun team for players and fans...

One other point Mangini and Dabol outsmart themselves on many occasions- that pass with 2:00 left in the Lions game being a prime example.

Speaking of left-handed, did anyone notice that Dawson threw left handed? He throws lefty and kicks righty. That has got to be pretty uncommon.

I'm left handed (tennis), but I do the same, and I was our sandlot punter. Golf right handed too. (PS trivia- Jack Nicklaus is left handed but golfs right also)

I'm left handed (tennis), but I do the same, and I was our sandlot punter. Golf right handed too. (PS trivia- Jack Nicklaus is left handed but golfs right also)

I write with my right hand but slap/punch with my left. (don't ask how I know this)

You can also be right handed and left eyed. Baseball players like this have an advantage when hitting because they pick up the ball a fraction of a second faster. I don't think it's all that unusual to have both right and left tendencies.

OK Larry and Kath and CFL, i've met many people that throw righty and golf or bat lefty, or people that write righty and throw lefty. But it seems even more unusual (to me) that a person is left hand dominated for throwing and right foot dominated for kicking. Is it?

I write with my right hand but slap/punch with my left. (don't ask how I know this)

You can also be right handed and left eyed. Baseball players like this have an advantage when hitting because they pick up the ball a fraction of a second faster. I don't think it's all that unusual to have both right and left tendencies.

It isn't. I throw and wright with my right hand, batted both, but do nearly everything else left handed....eat, shave, brush my teeth, open doors, use a hammer Years ago I boxed, and always felt better with an unorthodox stance....felt better jabbing with the right and driving a cross to the head with the left.

I do golf right handed. Probably mostly because finding LH clubs 40 years ago was a process.

OK Larry and Kath and CFL, i've met many people that throw righty and golf or bat lefty, or people that write righty and throw lefty. But it seems even more unusual (to me) that a person is left hand dominated for throwing and right foot dominated for kicking. Is it?

OK Ed, did a little (very little) scientific research on the subject and what we have here is a case of mixed dominance- and it's pretty common.

Everyone has four areas that are dominant- hand, foot, eye, ear. And they can occur in any combination. Though the majority of people are all "one sided". The minority that are "mixed" is a pretty big minority- like in the tens of millions in the USA.

In my case I'm left hand, left ear (probably because my hearing is screwed up in my right ear) dominant, right foot (kicking) right eye (shooting a gun- even though my sight is way worse in my right eye) dominant.

OK Ed, did a little (very little) scientific research on the subject and what we have here is a case of mixed dominance- and it's pretty common.

Everyone has four areas that are dominant- hand, foot, eye, ear. And they can occur in any combination. Though the majority of people are all "one sided". The minority that are "mixed" is a pretty big minority- like in the tens of millions in the USA.

In my case I'm left hand, left ear (probably because my hearing is screwed up in my right ear) dominant, right foot (kicking) right eye (shooting a gun- even though my sight is way worse in my right eye) dominant.

If you're right handed and left eyed, championship riflery is probably not for you. (That would be the generic 'you.')

Exactly the reason the Bengals got rid of him. He was midiocre at best. He was the one that allowed Kemo Vancheapshottin to get that devastating shop at Palmers knee.

steinbach has really been getting overloaded and has been very unimpressive as both a pass and run blocker, he is just getting mauled out there and its making life tough on joe thomas and our rotating QBs...

Archived