THE BROWNS BOARD

Thank you Poteat/Rogers/Dawson

19to82

Let me start by saying I'm new to the board. Browns fan as long as I can remember and living in the Steel City. I have enjoyed reading some posts on this board and laughed out loud at others. Unfortunately all I hear these days is Pittsburgh media..as much as I hate to admit, for the most part they know their football. Unlike parrot nosed Grossi, some Pittsburgh sports reporters are actually intelligent. Here are some of my biggest issues with the state of this team/fanbase/media:

1. Team - culture (without a doubt). We dont have one. haven't in the last decade. Until we determine who we're going to be and dedicate the time to build it, things will never change. I like Mangina because he's the first that I can remember that has addressed team culture. Cower made this point prior to the game/during halftime on sunday....no culture. I like what I see with Mangina and Ryan. With a few more playmakers we might be respectable on D. Offense still has no direction, this issue needs to be addressed in offseason.

2. Fanbase/media - too quick to judge and often miss the mark. Fans/media calling for Magini's head, Anderson vs Quinn arguments, are all Retarded. Hate to break it but the HC and QB are not at the core of our problems. We have the same problem on the field as I have with my golf game. LOFT. Lack Of F***in Talent (RB, secondary, LB, ROG, ROT, TE, WR).

Dawson kick off OB, no big deal. Poteat gets a free ride for a bone headed pass interference on the last play? Rogers (who had his helmet off and was late getting down the field after the penalty - leading impart to the timeout) gets a free pass. This team sucks and we need playmakers with intelligence, yes hard to come by but they are out there. Give someone sime time to find them.

Choose to blame the first year HC or the QB (who ever it may be) but realize the players on the field who did not execute cost us this one.

Give someone a chance to build a team, develop a culture, draft some playmakers and then worry about plugging qb in to lead the team.

We still only rushed 3 or 4 guys the entire series letting them complete passes and go 88 yards with no timeouts. One sack and the game is probably over because of the time wasted getting back lined up. The pass interference wasn't a bad call...Poteat wasn't playing the ball he was too busy trying to push the receiver out of the end zone.

The prevent defense didn't work when it was Elway backed up on his own 2 yard line 20 years ago and it didn't work when it was Stafford starting on his own 12 yard line. Hell..it didn't work for the Bengals against the Raiders on Sunday either.

didn't say it was a badd call by the refs, it was bad play by the db. we had them with 40-50 yards to go with 8 seconds left. the prevent worked dude, and thats one of the only situations where it does work. you can't just say it didnt' work because of a PI on a hail marry.

Let me start by saying I'm new to the board. Browns fan as long as I can remember and living in the Steel City. I have enjoyed reading some posts on this board and laughed out loud at others. Unfortunately all I hear these days is Pittsburgh media..as much as I hate to admit, for the most part they know their football. Unlike parrot nosed Grossi, some Pittsburgh sports reporters are actually intelligent. Here are some of my biggest issues with the state of this team/fanbase/media:

1. Team - culture (without a doubt). We dont have one. haven't in the last decade. Until we determine who we're going to be and dedicate the time to build it, things will never change. I like Mangina because he's the first that I can remember that has addressed team culture. Cower made this point prior to the game/during halftime on sunday....no culture. I like what I see with Mangina and Ryan. With a few more playmakers we might be respectable on D. Offense still has no direction, this issue needs to be addressed in offseason.

2. Fanbase/media - too quick to judge and often miss the mark. Fans/media calling for Magini's head, Anderson vs Quinn arguments, are all Retarded. Hate to break it but the HC and QB are not at the core of our problems. We have the same problem on the field as I have with my golf game. LOFT. Lack Of F***in Talent (RB, secondary, LB, ROG, ROT, TE, WR).

Dawson kick off OB, no big deal. Poteat gets a free ride for a bone headed pass interference on the last play? Rogers (who had his helmet off and was late getting down the field after the penalty - leading impart to the timeout) gets a free pass. This team sucks and we need playmakers with intelligence, yes hard to come by but they are out there. Give someone sime time to find them.

Choose to blame the first year HC or the QB (who ever it may be) but realize the players on the field who did not execute cost us this one.

Give someone a chance to build a team, develop a culture, draft some playmakers and then worry about plugging qb in to lead the team.

Welcome to the board.

Either way...we let them go from their own 12 yard line to our 30-35 with no timeouts. There was about 8 seconds left when they ran that last play, one sack somewhere in that drive and the game is over. The time wasted having to wait for all the receivers to come back to the line and get lined up would've wasted a lot of time and that last play doesn't happen.

How can someone say the prevent defense worked when we lost the game? Did the prevent work for the Bengals against the Raiders too?

It wasn't like the threw a 75 yard hail mary from their own end of the field...they were just outside the redzone. The defense let them drive down the field without putting any pressure on the QB at all.

one sack somewhere in that drive and the game is over.

Yep, and that frustrated the hell out of me that we never rushed more than three guys. Playing "not to lose" instead of playing to win. I want a coach with balls for a change.

Zombo

my bad, the dawson kickoff was the 2nd to last drive, which resulted in no pts.

I still have to point the finger at Poteat on the PI. Hard to blame the prevent D, when you're called for interference on a hail mary (even if it was only from 40 yds). How many times does a half or game end on an attempted hail mary pass? our players need to execute. for example, are we even talking about the prevent D if our guys had not dropped how many td's? too much blame on the coaching and not on the players. These guys are paid professionals? I've never been in a city where the players (outside of the qb position) get such a free pass from the fans & media.

Archived