THE BROWNS BOARD

Who should we draft?...

JRex223

...with the number one pick of course, 4th at best

Defense wins championships, and the Browns have the worst defense in the league. No brainer. Rodgers, Wright, and maybe Wimbley are the only legit impact players on D.

Assuming Quinn can prove he's at least serviceable, best defensive player on the board. Trade down, if possible and get even more picks- this team has more holes than swiss cheese.

Defense wins championships, and the Browns have the worst defense in the league. No brainer. Rodgers, Wright, and maybe Wimbley are the only legit impact players on D.

I'd say D'Qwell plays a pretty large role in the defense as well. He might not be a player that teams scheme their offenses around, but he also tackles anything near him. And Trusnik has been a tackling machine as of late. Again, not impact players, but they shouldn't be discounted, either.

I'd say D'Qwell plays a pretty large role in the defense as well. He might not be a player that teams scheme their offenses around, but he also tackles anything near him. And Trusnik has been a tackling machine as of late. Again, not impact players, but they shouldn't be discounted, either.

I'm not particularly in love with Jackson- he makes a lot of tackles sure- mostly past the LOS- but he's not even close to being in the league of an Urlacher or Ray Lewis.

Right now on pure value, I wouldn't trade Trusnik back to the Jets for Edwards, straight up.

Set your sights higher- I want great, not just good.

Umm.... Did you guys already forget that we have one of the worst offenses in NFL history for the last two years?!?! WE NEED A PLAYMAKER ON OFFENSE

BUT, it's to early to say who to draft.. you have to account for free agency, this plays a large part on who is drafted...

Umm.... Did you guys already forget that we have one of the worst offenses in NFL history for the last two years?!?! WE NEED A PLAYMAKER ON OFFENSE

BUT, it's to early to say who to draft.. you have to account for free agency, this plays a large part on who is drafted...

Trade for 3 second round picks.

WSS

Point taken. What about Russell Okung. Sign Lee Evens, bring him home.

Point taken. What about Russell Okung. Sign Lee Evens, bring him home.

Don't know much about Okung besides what I just read, but he seems to have good size, and we can DEFINITELY use the help on the right side of the line... As far as Evans.. I would like that signing a lot, BUT I'm pretty sure he just signed a 4-5 year extension with the bills last year. But I think it is a must that we get a good vet receiver next year in FA.

Hey Chad Muchostinko was a second round pick, ditto Therman Thomas. You can find plenty of playmakers in the second round. Steve Largent and Rudi Johnson were fourth round selections.

I would focus on this poor offense first. We continue to pass on playmakers early in the first round every year. We passed on Adrian Peterson in 07, because we thought Lewis still had some go left. We had Luke McCown and Jeff Garcia under center but passed on Big Ben for Kellen Winslow in 04'. We trade down to accumulate more players which seem to dont even make the roster. We need playmakers to build around... we need an idendity of some sort.

To piggy back... think about our 08' draft class. Granted we traded a few pics away are ANY of these guys still on the roster with the exception of Hall? Almost the entire draft 2008 draft class is no longer with us. Think about that for a minute.

Rnd 4 Beau Bell

Rnd 4 Martin Rucker

Rnd 6 Ahtyba Rubin

Rnd 6 Paul Hubbard

Rnd 7 Alex Hall

Hey Chad Muchostinko was a second round pick, ditto Therman Thomas. You can find plenty of playmakers in the second round. Steve Largent and Rudi Johnson were fourth round selections.

Absolutely find starts in second round...we seem to find robiskie, Veikune who can't find the field on the worst O and D in the league...We will pick #1 and we will take SUH.( only guy worth #1 overall and only guy worth trading to number 1 to get)

(or we trade with New England and they get Suh and we get two of there three second rounders and swap #1's) yes it can happen no matter what you think of mangini and BB relationship!) :wub:

I'm stickin to it! :P

Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be an Adrian Peterson/franchise running back in this draft. A good running game can make our defense a little better by keeping them off the field more of the time...

Berry looks like a good player but I can't remember a safety being drafted #1. Maybe we can trade down a couple spots and still get him. Washington should be looking for a qb like Locker, Bradford, or McCoy.

Hopefully Quinn plays the well the rest of the way and we don't need to think about drafting another qb.

On defense we desperately need an impact safety and a shutdown corner along with a couple of strong talented LBs and a DL..

On offense we need 2 blistering fast WRs with hands, a right guard and a right tackle..a young stud RB and a young stud TE..we may need a qb as well though i hate spending a 1st on any of the upcoming qb class..

In other words we need to blow this sucker up minus a few players and go expansion style yet again...only with a new strongly rebuilt organization from the ground up and some seriously bad intentions for the afcn this time around!

we may need a qb as well though i hate spending a 1st on any of the upcoming qb class..

In other words we need to blow this sucker up minus a few players and go expansion style yet again...only with a new strongly rebuilt organization from the ground up and some seriously bad intentions for the afcn this time around!

We don't need a QB until we have built up other areas. That is how a young QB becomes successful, not the other way.

I would focus on this poor offense first. We continue to pass on playmakers early in the first round every year. We passed on Adrian Peterson in 07, because we thought Lewis still had some go left. We had Luke McCown and Jeff Garcia under center but passed on Big Ben for Kellen Winslow in 04'.

While I would agree to go offense first, I don't agree on the reasoning here. We passed on AP because Joe Thomas is a stud and AP did have a history of injury. Hind sight is 20/20 on this one. And Kellen was a play maker, no one could foresee him getting hurt while doing endo's in parking lot. Other teams passed on Big Ben as well.

While I would agree to go offense first, I don't agree on the reasoning here. We passed on AP because Joe Thomas is a stud and AP did have a history of injury. Hind sight is 20/20 on this one. And Kellen was a play maker, no one could foresee him getting hurt while doing endo's in parking lot. Other teams passed on Big Ben as well.

True Thomas is a stud, however our O-line still reeks. Hind sight is 20/20 on that one yes, but this is my point risk it and go for the playmaker I think its about time.

Kellen was a playmaker yes, had a great one season and was traded for drafts.... Ben has multiple championships.

Think of this...

1. We go AP instead of Thomas... our Oline would be shakey (as it currently is now), but would have a future hall of fame back in the backfield.

2. We go Big Ben instead of K2... we would have a winner at QB to build around. Note: Ben has prooved he can get it done with a horrid O-line, there would be little difference here in Cle. Think about it.

eric berry. discussion over.

Read my mind... Dudes a Beast!...

I dont think we should trade down this year, at least not too far. WE NEED A PLAYMAKER.... ala Eric berry

I'll take any skills position player early though. I think thats where we screwed up last year. Alex Mack??... Im not saying hes bad, but 20th?.... Hank Fraley was doing a good job. I think we could have done a lot better... Rey Rey?, Clay Mathews?... How nice would that be right now!

Whos gonna be in charge of our draft this year anyway.... ughh...we're such a mess.

To piggy back... think about our 08' draft class. Granted we traded a few pics away are ANY of these guys still on the roster with the exception of Hall? Almost the entire draft 2008 draft class is no longer with us. Think about that for a minute.

Rnd 4 Beau Bell

Rnd 4 Martin Rucker

Rnd 6 Ahtyba Rubin

Rnd 6 Paul Hubbard

Rnd 7 Alex Hall

While i get your point..and it is very valid lets not discount Rubin who has been very solid as backup NT

if this team switched to a 4-3 i still beleive it would fall into place faster and better

williams...rogers...maybe wimbleyr or even ::::gasp:::vekunie at end on some plays..

mix this thing up lets see what the hell we have here.

Archived