THE BROWNS BOARD

A Couple of thoughts on the draft and FA

Roy.E.Munson

Again, I'm not saying he isn't a very good back. His is an injury risk, though, so I wouldn't make that 5M/year investment in him (if that's what he'll command).

What I am saying is "hey Phil, let's use the middle rounds of draft like, well, the Giants did to acquire players like Jacobs. And Osi. And Strahan."

Harrison, Hall, Steptoe, Williams, Bell, Rucker, McDonald, Cribbs? Not any are PROVEN yet, but all have showed promise and most here want most of those guys starting. Guys here rant about McDonald staying in and getting coached up, Harrison and Hall playing more, Cribbs being used more in the offense, seeing what Bell, Williams, and Rucker can do. And Steptoe did a fantastic job, IMO, filling in as the #2 receiver for awhile in just his second year as a 7th round pick who was drafted basically to see how he was as a PR. Phil does a nice job in the draft. All of these guys, aside from Cribbs, were raw who just needed coaching. We have seem flashes from all of them, but the coaching hasn't showed up yet.

Archived