THE BROWNS BOARD

Matthew Stafford Mic'd Up

TheClevelandSound

I like him, he has attitude, kind of reminds me of Rivers, my favorite QB, he has good command of the huddle too.. he always talking thats good... i think good QBs are always talking to there players and keeping them motivated... something are QBs dont do much, or atleast i dont see..

I like him, he has attitude, kind of reminds me of Rivers, my favorite QB, he has good command of the huddle too.. he always talking thats good... i think good QBs are always talking to there players and keeping them motivated... something are QBs dont do much, or atleast i dont see..

Rivers is my personal favorite QB, but after watching that game and now listening to the mic'd up, Stafford definitely has moved way up on my list.

I don't hear anything special.

Do you really think Brady Quinn & Derek Anderson don't try and talk up the team while they are in the huddle? All QBs do this, no news to anybody.

Then why to you suppose the networks felt the need to 'mic Stafford up'?

Perhaps BQ & DA are good boys and would sound the same as Stafford, or they could be tools such as Braylon Edwards and get caught being unfocused and asking questions about how to get into modelling outside of football ...

I seem to think Stafford was used because the kid has something geniune about him. Something worth sharing.

what did he say that was so geniune? I hear nothing out of the ordinary.

It's what he didn't say, or do. It was a great game to mic him, 5 td's, game winning drive with no time on the clock. The guy gets burried into the turf, and limps to the plate like Kirk Gibson and delivers.

No producer could have written that script any better.

The kid won me over, and I hate all QB's.

Archived