THE BROWNS BOARD

Mangini CBS Interview

Earl34

Thanks for posting that...i seen it on gameday last week and it almost made me hurl a just freshly drank scotch on the rocks up...boy he is a baby blue eyed silver tongue devil but he cant coach his way out of a wet paper sack...

Its all about PR when he needs it but screw us...saying he understands the fans frustration is ridiculous...the man lies to us 3 times a week and thinks we buy his crap and he has no idea how frustrated many are at him just for keeping daboll around and trying to make the players adjust to their scheme instead of playing to win amongst a horde of things...he has all but thrown this season to the wind and has been very wasteful and inefficient at running this club at best..not to mention unintuitive and uncreative in their offensive approach and thinking..

I was all for mangini early on but i have lost both faith and trust in him he just lacks to much to get it done...he is really not a cleveland kind of coach..he is another lerner kind of loser..

Thanks for posting that...i seen it on gameday last week and it almost made me hurl a just freshly drank scotch on the rocks up...boy he is a baby blue eyed silver tongue devil but he cant coach his way out of a wet paper sack...

Its all about PR when he needs it but screw us...saying he understands the fans frustration is ridiculous...the man lies to us 3 times a week and thinks we buy his crap and he has no idea how frustrated many are at him just for keeping daboll around and trying to make the players adjust to their scheme instead of playing to win amongst a horde of things...he has all but thrown this season to the wind and has been very wasteful and inefficient at running this club at best..not to mention unintuitive and uncreative in their offensive approach and thinking..

I was all for mangini early on but i have lost both faith and trust in him he just lacks to much to get it done...he is really not a cleveland kind of coach..he is another lerner kind of loser..

Don't forget... he did start with the Browns as a PR intern.

Still, stating that he had no idea what Brady Quinn's contract escalators were, nor their implication on the cap or the ability to trade Quinn wasn't the smartest PR move.

I liked the interview.

I enjoyed very much myself. Especially the last part, I believe Mangini made a good point. He said "There's gonna be criticism, there's gonna be people who don't believe...there's gonna be all those things. But if you keep changing based on that, then you don't believe in anything, you're not true to anything. To me, success comes by working towards something that you honestly and truly believe in" I think it encapsulates Cleveland in these past 10 years. There's been too much inconsistency since we came back for us to be successful

I liked the interview as well.

Whoever is hired as Prez and/or GM will have the final say, but with the lack of progress & continuity since "the return", I would really like to see what would happen by sticking with Mangini. To me, it seems like we finally have a Coach who has not only vocalized the type player he wants, but has gone after that & is committed to his plan. I can live with that...I don't want a one year solution, & long term success isn't going to happen in one year.

Mike.

That was a great interview. JB asked all the tough questions and I saw honest, forthright replies from the coach.

He is right about the vision and it takes time,,I believe he knows exactly how to get it done and exactly the kind

of player and culture he wants in Cleveland..Hopefully RL sees this and lets the man build the program.

"There's gonna be criticism, there's gonna be people who don't believe...there's gonna be all those things. But if you keep changing based on that, then you don't believe in anything, you're not true to anything. To me, success comes by working towards something that you honestly and truly believe in"

Yeah, that's my favorite part too. And you know that it's not just talk. He's willing to be self-critical, self-examining, but he also has a core of values that he doesn't waver on, and you can tell that he is rebuilding around these core beliefs about what is required to have a great football team, where that's not just a team that wins, but one that you can respect in other ways too.

Archived