THE BROWNS BOARD

Impact rookies we COULD of had...

TN Browns Backer

woulda coulda shoulda... don't look back..look forward. We have some guys in this draft that can still turn out to be fine players.. It takes at least 3 years to evaluate a draft.. You can look back for 20 years and say we shoulda or we coulda had this or that guy.. it's just a waste of time.. Sorry..i should have just skipped responding..but it just pisses me off a bit.. cuz hindsight is 20-20.. look forward not backward.. the past cannot be changed..only the future..

woulda coulda shoulda... don't look back..look forward. We have some guys in this draft that can still turn out to be fine players.. It takes at least 3 years to evaluate a draft.. You can look back for 20 years and say we shoulda or we coulda had this or that guy.. it's just a waste of time.. Sorry..i should have just skipped responding..but it just pisses me off a bit.. cuz hindsight is 20-20.. look forward not backward.. the past cannot be changed..only the future..

Exactly, and today in the PD Grossi was whining on and on about this year's draft.

Exactly, and today in the PD Grossi was whining on and on about this year's draft.

Maybe he was whinning because while we've drafted first round winners like Couch, Brown, Green, and Mack in the past decade, performing teams like Pittspuke have drafted players like Roethlisberger, Faneca, Polamalu, and Santonio Holmes. This board's insistence on busting the balls of any sportswriter that doesn't sit for or make excuses for this awful product baffles me.

Maybe he was whinning because while we've drafted first round winners like Couch, Brown, Green, and Mack in the past decade, performing teams like Pittspuke have drafted players like Roethlisberger, Faneca, Polamalu, and Santonio Holmes. This board's insistence on busting the balls of any sportswriter that doesn't sit for or make excuses for this awful product baffles me.

I don't think anyone is happy with this year's draft *at this point*. The point is just that it's too early to tell what we have. Just because Veikune and Robiske haven't done anything to help win this year doesn't mean that they are busts. Grossi *was* overly negative in the paper today. You haven't said anything to convince me otherwise.

Where as I like the Mack pick and the trade what hurts is the fact that there was players like McCoy, Greene, and Malaluga on the board but we picked Viekune. Follow that up with the Miava pick, I was throwing a fit. I dont see that ever making sense but I dont make the big buck to make those decisions

There may be some real misses in this past draft, as there always are, but you have to ask: What constitutes a good draft when you start with 4 picks? At the moment I recall that the previous regime left 4 pics for this draft. (Am I misremembering?) And by "good draft", I mean better than average. I wonder: What would be better than average, starting out with a mere 4 picks? Two solid players? I suspect we have that already with Mack and MoMass. But again, too early to tell.

I think it would be helpful, at least for me, to get some statistics about what an average draft gets one in terms of pro bowlers, starters, etc. Then we would have to look at this year's draft as nonstandard because Savage traded away three picks or so. I seriously doubt, when everything is weighed in, that this is a subpar draft. But again, too early to tell.

I don't understand what purpose is served by ruminating over what "could" have been. I was totally fed up with the negative Cleveland sports writers back when I lived there decades ago. It hasn't gotten any better and I don't expect it to. They're always looking under rocks for the worst of a situation and somehow make a bleak situation seem even more miserable than it really is.

But you're wrong we have to evaluate quickly on this draft which requires looking in the past because we don't want it in Mangina's hands next year to screw this team up for the next four years, we can not allow that! In turn i can think of quite a few players much better suited for this team we could have drafted in the second/third round rather than guys who don't even dress on Sunday in Veikune and Robiskie! Players like Rey Mauluga, Shonn Greene, Lesean McCoy, Connor Barwin, Paul Kruger, Mike Wallace, Ladarius Webb, Would you like me to go on? And thats not even saying we had a bigger need at RT than Center in the first round! IMHO we should have drafted Oher rather than Mack seeing as how Fraley is very serviceable/under contract for another year or so and the centers coming out in the next two seasons are much stronger prospects than this year! Oher is a pro bowler in the making, the guy is absolutely nasty! Hell you could say Monroe who's played very good as well would have been a better pick! Then we wouldn't have a SIV on the right side of the line killing our inexperienced young QB's and giving them the time they need to set and pass in the pocket!

Mangina has fawked this team up beyond recognition and If he is given reigns for the next draft he will set us back another 4 years! The only way this team has a prayer is if we get someone at the top like a Holmgren or Parcells to fix this shitbox! I don't give a damn what you say, this years draft sucked dick! Trading a probowl TE that has some very productive years left did us absolutely nothing but set our first round QB back and make our offense even more horrible than it already was! If you think David Veikune is going to project better than the guys I've already mentioned you're smoking crack! He was a huge reach on draft day(all analysts said)as well as everyone else we picked and in 3 years he'll probable be the next Chaun Thompson not Tedy Bruschi!

Our only hope is a new smart, experienced football czar! If we dont get one God help this franchise!

lord...you guys...are...phucking....idiots.

seriously, phucking idiots.

sorry stan...the insanity meter hath peaked. i'll be back in the offseason when it gets back to normal around here, once the young bucks that dont know a glory hole from the real thing retire for another year.

I keep hearing about how we should have drafted Maualuga, but I've watched quite a few Bengals game and I haven't seen where he's been a game-changer.

He had 2 solo tackles yesterday. He has 27 solo tackles for the entire season, a single sack and no interceptions.

Yeah, that defense is much improved this year, but I don't see that it's because of Maualuga. Roth looked like a more dynamic player to me.

Yea I don't see how you can evaluate a player after 1/2 a season. I mean we all thought Wimbley would be great after his first season, then he declined which led us all to scream bust. That is, until this season, where he's starting to have an impact again. The benchmark is usually 3 years. But that depends on each individual player.

Some other obvious examples are... Michael Clayton, Eddie Royal, Steve Slaton, Jay Cutler

I don't understand what purpose is served by ruminating over what "could" have been. I was totally fed up with the negative Cleveland sports writers back when I lived there decades ago. It hasn't gotten any better and I don't expect it to. They're always looking under rocks for the worst of a situation and somehow make a bleak situation seem even more miserable than it really is.

Kathy,

I agree with you as it applies to the media. Fans discussing what could have been however is just part of being a fan.

I have no problem with draft busts. In a crap shoot losing is inevitable. Unfortunately with idiots like Phil Sewage in control we haven't really stood much of a chance getting better anyway.

BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT............ for the big issue is the Browns have no core values or philosophies upon which a team can be built.

I am going to stay away from conjecture about Lerner, but I WILL say this without an Achille's heel; Lerner ownership has been failed ownership. No if's and's or but's about it. Never mind the discussions about what Lerner may or may not be doing...... that conversation is irellevant. What IS rellavent is the fact that he and his bastard dead Father have brought disgrace to the Browns name.

There is nothing positive for the media to report Kathy.

I need a spell checker.

If your going to call someone a fawking idiot you should articulate your point. Whats that Forrest Gump quote? Stupid is as stupid does! Sounds about right..

Go back to your cave. There's a reason you have so many posts, yet only one "thanks". If you can't figure it out, get back to me. I'll be glad to let you know, imbecile.

Go back to your cave. There's a reason you have so many posts, yet only one "thanks". If you can't figure it out, get back to me. I'll be glad to let you know, imbecile.

Reason why I have 1 thanks is because I haven't posted a message since they were reset I had about 40 before that! The only imbecile here is you dickface! Just another internet tough guy who doesn't know how to make his point intelligently! Adults are talking here, morons should be seen and not heard! Go back to playing with your Lego's and GI Joes douche bag!

The way I see it is Mangini had to evaluate every player when he came here. Im sure it's pretty hard to figure out what position you need to draft for and what position's are to be left alone when you havn't seen any of the players play 1 down of a real football game. I think we should be patient and see how the next draft goes if he's even still around by then.

Reason why I have 1 thanks is because I haven't posted a message since they were reset I had about 40 before that! The only imbecile here is you dickface! Just another internet tough guy who doesn't know how to make his point intelligently! Adults are talking here, morons should be seen and not heard! Go back to playing with your Lego's and GI Joes douche bag!

I'm the "internet tough guy" who can't make his point intelligently? In the infamous words of Bob Marley.."Who are you to judge the life I live....But before you start to point fingers, make sure your hands are clean."

For further reference, being an "adult" doesn't make you intelligent. It just means you've been smart enough to systematically pile food into your face and then defecate when you felt the urge. Hardly a bragging right.

If the Browns just took the consensus (media/fans whoever) best player available on either defense or offense (depending on need that yr) we would have hell

of a better team.

If we took nobiskie in the 16th round (like he was projected by some at best) we could deal with that.

The list of teams that miss out on good rookies in all rounds is a long one.

Those who think the Browns will be able to rebuild solely in the draft are deluding themselves, especially if they consider Mangini's track record with Gholston and others as mediocre at best. The draft is a crap shoot - without free agency count yourself lucky if you get 3-5 quality players a year.... and even they will need a few years to develop.

But if players are looking at the Browns as Oakland East then it's going to be a long slow painful rebuilding process IF Mangini is even an above average judge of college talent.

The list of teams that miss out on good rookies in all rounds is a long one.

Those who think the Browns will be able to rebuild solely in the draft are deluding themselves, especially if they consider Mangini's track record with Gholston and others as mediocre at best. The draft is a crap shoot - without free agency count yourself lucky if you get 3-5 quality players a year.... and even they will need a few years to develop.

But if players are looking at the Browns as Oakland East then it's going to be a long slow painful rebuilding process IF Mangini is even an above average judge of college talent.

It's been posted here a million times Einstein. His record in the draft has been very good (Ohio State's Schlegel and Gholston notwithstanding). Nice try.

Archived