THE BROWNS BOARD

Mangini playing for the draft?

PlayoffsIN09

I can't believe any coach would plan on losing, except maybe Pete Rose :rolleyes:

Seriously, I'm not sold on Mangini, but how could you practice all week, look at game films, etc., then play to lose? For a draft choice that may or may not pan out? Also, Mangini knows he's got to get this team improving, or his NFL career beyond Cleveland is over.

He wants to win, we just don't have the talent. Yes, some of that is indeed his doing.

Not going for it on 4th and 3. Offensive playcalling late in the game. Not playing Robiskie. Other game decisions by Mangini in this and past games. Seems to me he is playing to lose, for draft status. He seems like a guy that would do that. Anyone else agree?

Robiskie not playing should tell you something, esp. when some scrub signed off a practice squad is playing ahead of him. That was a wasted pick for the 2nd round, said it then, and will say it now. He just isn't that good.

ah, no. They play to win the game......................

Sadly I think you're right. The type of play that national football talking heads are calling "uninspired" sure makes one hope that the uninspired play is actually play inspired to gain the first pick...

But alas they're trying, as even Mangini understands that you don't teach winning by trying to lose.

Archived