THE BROWNS BOARD

Grady Sizemore starts legal action against racy photos on Web site

ATENEARS

Indians' Grady Sizemore starts legal action against racy photos on Web site

By Paul Hoynes, The Plain Dealer

November 29, 2009, 10:14PM

sizemoreccjpg-6bd13ff72fca04dc_medium.jp

Chuck Crow/The Plain DealerIndians outfielder Grady Sizemore says he will pursue legal action against a Web site that posted partially dressed and nude photos of him.

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Indians center fielder Grady Sizemore says legal action has been taken after pictures of himself in various stages of dress and undress appeared on an Internet site Sunday morning.

"These pictures were stolen illegally from my girlfriend's email," Sizemore told The Plain Dealer on Sunday night. "It's now a legal matter that is under investigation. I can't say anything more."

MLB and the players association are said to be investigating the matter on Sizemore's behalf.

At least 15 pictures of Sizemore appeared on the Web site. He is alone in all of them. He's taking pictures of himself with a cell phone while looking into a bathroom mirror in several of them.

In some pictures Sizemore is fully dressed. In others, he's in his underwear or nude.

"I have not seen the pictures," said GM Mark Shapiro, "but I will look into it."

Sizemore said the pictures were meant for his girlfriend only.

Last season Sizemore, considered the face of the Indians' organization, played with two injuries that required surgery in September. He underwent surgery on his left elbow and for a sport hernia. He suffered both injuries in spring training.

Sizemore hit a career-low .248 (108-for-436) with 73 runs, 20 doubles, six triples, 18 homers and 64 RBI. Sizemore, 27, is a three-time All-Star and two-time Gold Glove winner.

Yeah, I saw that yesterday. Definitely more of Sizemore than I ever needed to see....I thought the worst it got was when I tried to google Victor.

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&...&aqi=g7g-m1

It's kind of amazing how fast Deadspin turned to trash, though. Used to be one of my favorite sites. Now it's just nonsense like this and the Josh Hamilton photos.

Yeah, I saw that yesterday. Definitely more of Sizemore than I ever needed to see....I thought the worst it got was when I tried to google Victor.

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&...&aqi=g7g-m1

It's kind of amazing how fast Deadspin turned to trash, though. Used to be one of my favorite sites. Now it's just nonsense like this and the Josh Hamilton photos.

Grady's a good guy.

But If I am ever invited over his house to hang out, suffice to say I will

be bringing my own coffee cup.

Archived