THE BROWNS BOARD

Whines Hard

Kosar_For_President

Hines Ward(notes) shared a few Big Ben-related pregame thoughts with NBC's Bob Costas:

"This game is almost like a playoff game. It's almost a must-win. I could see some players or teammates questioning, like 'It's just a concussion. I've played with a concussion before,'" Ward told Costas in an interview taped Saturday at the team's suburban-Baltimore hotel as a prelude to the Steelers-Ravens game.

"It's almost like a 50-50 toss-up in the locker room: Should he play? Shouldn't he play? It's really hard to say. I've been out there dinged up; the following week, got right back out there. Ben practiced all week. He split time with Dennis Dixon(notes). And then to find out that he's still having some headaches and not playing and it came down to the doctors didn't feel that they were going to clear him or not – it's hard to say. Unless you're the person [himself]. … I've lied to a couple of doctors saying I'm straight, I feel good when I know that I'm not really straight."

20050124DSsteelershines_450.jpg

Tell that to your monkey friend.

Its not a constant...its is few and far between . He is a great player a great teammate , But he has had maybe 3 times or so in his career that he could have bit his tongue instead of Yapping away. IMHO. Maybe its kind of sore loser syndrome ( Which is cool with me I am the same , i HATE losing) and bing a poor loser is a trait of Winners the World over , so ...oh well. It is what it is .

Its not a constant...its is few and far between . He is a great player a great teammate , But he has had maybe 3 times or so in his career that he could have bit his tongue instead of Yapping away. IMHO. Maybe its kind of sore loser syndrome ( Which is cool with me I am the same , i HATE losing) and bing a poor loser is a trait of Winners the World over , so ...oh well. It is what it is .

Agreed 100%. Although, I think saying he is sometimes a sore loser isn't the best way to put it.

How should it be put ? a LOSING HATER !? lol

When I think of a sore loser I think of an 8 old crying becuase he lost a board game or is team lost in gym class. Hines hates losing becuase he has spent over the last decade trying to make himself a better football player. He has personally spent half his life making himself a better player and his team has spent the last year preparing for a chance at the Super Bowl. Yeah, most people would be upset when all that work comes crashing down at the end of a tough game. When I think of a whiny NFL player, I think of a person who always makes excuses or blame the refs. Hines never does that so I don't call him whiney. I guess it comes down to how you define "whiney".

When I think of a sore loser I think of an 8 old crying becuase he lost a board game or is team lost in gym class. Hines hates losing becuase he has spent over the last decade trying to make himself a better football player. He has personally spent half his life making himself a better player and his team has spent the last year preparing for a chance at the Super Bowl. Yeah, most people would be upset when all that work comes crashing down at the end of a tough game. When I think of a whiny NFL player, I think of a person who always makes excuses or blame the refs. Hines never does that so I don't call him whiney. I guess it comes down to how you define "whiney".

ahhh I think a sore loser is the Guy who takes his Helmet and smashes it to smithereens against the wall. (Been there) ... and agonizes over a loss and every aspect of the loss. Now if you get to the point t where you will possibly question a teammates commitment.... its not really acceptable. Love you Hines.. but sometimes you guys gotta Shut UP !! i bet Tomlin has a similar vibe to share with Hines today.

ahhh I think a sore loser is the Guy who takes his Helmet and smashes it to smithereens against the wall. (Been there) ... and agonizes over a loss and every aspect of the loss. Now if you get to the point t where you will possibly question a teammates commitment.... its not really acceptable. Love you Hines.. but sometimes you guys gotta Shut UP !! i bet Tomlin has a similar vibe to share with Hines today.

My take on Ward- and I watched the whole SNF game, and loved it- ( tie would have been preferable in my book). Yeah, he's a borderline HOFer right now, but those replays of his hit on Ed Reed they played during the game only confirms what we've been saying over here regarding Ward's cheap shot antics- Ward just loves to hit a guy when he ain't looking,and he loves to hit the guy in the face. Roll blocking an opponent in the chest or stomach is every bit as effective on a blindside hit. Watch out MoFo paybacks are hell, and I may well laugh my ass off when somebody puts you on the cart when you ain't looking.

Ward needs to to STFU, unless he's got Dr. Ward, board certified neurologist after his name, or maybe he would have liked to see the franchise get decked for the rest of the season when Ray Lewis put a kill shot on BR. .

Guest berniesipe

It appears this board is full of homosexual brown fans. They are always saying homophobic things in their responses. Either that or they are all in the 11 to 12 year old range. :)

My take on Ward- and I watched the whole SNF game, and loved it- ( tie would have been preferable in my book). Yeah, he's a borderline HOFer right now, but those replays of his hit on Ed Reed they played during the game only confirms what we've been saying over here regarding Ward's cheap shot antics- Ward just loves to hit a guy when he ain't looking. Watch out MoFo paybacks are hell, and I may well laugh my ass off when somebody puts you on the cart when you ain't looking.

Ward needs to to STFU, unless he's got Dr. Ward, board certified neurologist after his name, or maybe he would have liked to see the franchise get decked for the rest of the season when Ray Lewis put a kill shot on BR. .

I can't wait until Ward plays those last few years after losing a step and the league takes turns on nailing this guy. They will later say that he eats through a straw from all the years of steroids, but that won't be fair ... we will all know it was just shots to the haed in payback for all of his cheap little shots way from the play on guys who weren't looking.

It appears this board is full of homosexual brown fans. They are always saying homophobic things in their responses. Either that or they are all in the 11 to 12 year old range. :)

Apparently you must include yourself in that category, seeing that with a screenname like berniesipe, you are obviously a Cleveland Browns fan.....and given the quality of the posts I have seen by you, clearly your intellectual, if not chronological age is in the 11-12 year range.

And explain this to me: how can one be homosexual and homophobic at the same time? Do you have a clue what those words actually mean? Doh!

HUH ?? 102 posts ...wow your talented.

Yes, how dare you ... you must have at least 250 posts before you can insult this Steeler fan.

500 posts: You may photoshop a picture of him in his trailer.

1,000 posts: You can make fun of his bearded wife.

1,500 posts: You can shave his bearded wife.

2,000 posts: His newly shaven wife will bring you possum pie and perform fellatio at your beck and call.

Zombo

I can't wait until Ward plays those last few years after losing a step and the league takes turns on nailing this guy. They will later say that he eats through a straw from all the years of steroids, but that won't be fair ... we will all know it was just shots to the haed in payback for all of his cheap little shots way from the play on guys who weren't looking.

Well the Chargers game is a trap game, I want the Steelers.

Can we offer a bounty?

Yes, how dare you ... you must have at least 250 posts before you can insult this Steeler fan.

500 posts: You may photoshop a picture of him in his trailer.

1,000 posts: You can make fun of his bearded wife.

1,500 posts: You can shave his bearded wife.

2,000 posts: His newly shaven wife will bring you possum pie and perform fellatio at your beck and call.

Zombo

You would know Hillbilly's Zombbbbie.... Being one yourself.

Guest berniesipe
Apparently you must include yourself in that category, seeing that with a screenname like berniesipe, you are obviously a Cleveland Browns fan.....and given the quality of the posts I have seen by you, clearly your intellectual, if not chronological age is in the 11-12 year range.

And explain this to me: how can one be homosexual and homophobic at the same time? Do you have a clue what those words actually mean? Doh!

Your right I don't know what those words mean. I don't have any experience with that queer stuff. Thanks for pointing this out!

Archived