THE BROWNS BOARD

WEISS

Guest Metcalf_FTW

Guest Metcalf_FTW

I am sure this has been discussed on the board already, but if this team chooses to stay with Quinn, why not bring in Charlie Weiss as offensive coordinator next season? I couldn't think of anyone better that knows Quinn.

I don't see Cleveland being one of Weis' preferred locations compared to the Patriots, Colts or other teams for 2010.

Other teams may have a leg up in organizational stability too... at a time when other teams might offer Weis a spot (even to finish out this season as a "consultant" there'd be questions about who the coach and GM would be in Cleveland, and whether Weis would have a job under a new regime

Cleveland does have one thing going for it - there's not too many jobs in the NFL where someone can come in and be virtually assured of doing a better job than the current job holder. That may hold a certain amount of attraction as none of these guys like to go somewhere and be viewed as a failure. That would be all but impossible in Cleveland.

I am sure this has been discussed on the board already, but if this team chooses to stay with Quinn, why not bring in Charlie Weiss as offensive coordinator next season? I couldn't think of anyone better that knows Quinn.

Clearly the dumbest post EVER made to a Browns Board.

Are you an idiot? Knows Quinn? Good Krist Browns fans get dumber as the days go on. Dude, are you that F*&^ing stupid not to know that Quinn is esentially DONE in the NFL? This guy is not going to ever again be a starting NFL QB. Color him " Tim Couch".

Have you even bothered to watch him play?

Are you an idiot? Knows Quinn? Good Krist Browns fans get dumber as the days go on. Dude, are you that F*&^ing stupid not to know that Quinn is esentially DONE in the NFL? This guy is not going to ever again be a starting NFL QB. Color him " Tim Couch".

I didn't know you were privvy to our coaching strategies or personnel groups for next season. Nor did I realize that you are an expert on quarterbacks. By all means, continue to enlighten us with your vast amount of football knowledge.

I could see weiss as an brilliant OC especially as compared to dum n bald but i could never see him as an effective HC and unfortunately i dont see BQ in the picture next year either ,me thinks our czar to be..blows this team up the right way ,theres far to much losing culture in this organization from top to bottom that needs to be swept out ,mangini failed to do it right and both the fans and lerner are suffering for it ,the only way to fix it is to get the right czar ,the right gm and the right coach..we currently have none of the above...we need to return to an expansion state minus 3 current players..the key here is the right guys anything else leaves us where we already are..;)

If we dont blow it up every year is going to be an expansion quality year of patchwork junk and losing football culture similar to what we have now under mangini..all the players on this joke of a team need a fresh start in their proper roles as retirees ,3rd stringers and CFL backups ,if they cant find anything else they can always try out for the browns again as walk ons...mangini needs to go coach a pee wee team...

Mangini might have been an ok coach but he bit off more than he could chew when he snake charmed lerner into complete control but now he has to lay down in the vipers den with all those poisonous snakes he shit out of his mouth...

But heck... I'd consider Weis an upgrade as the O coord.

I would too. Weiss is a proven NFL Offensive Coordinator, he does have 3 Super Bowls to his name. I'd say that's an improvement over Daboll. Plus, I'm a fan of the Erhardt-Perkins offensive system, and I've always wanted it implemented in Cleveland. Look at what it did for the Broncos this season.

Little unfair........are there any smart browns fans.

Yeah, I've watched BQ play, and if you want to rate the team on a 1-10 level on oveall suckiness position by position, qb isn't at the top of the list. Hmm, maybe we can learn from Rich's idols- the Steelers, and draft our franchise qb last.

Hi Tom, welcome back. :)

Guest Metcalf_FTW

Lombardi, you are the moron and someone should kick you in your head. I am not a Quinn fan by any means, I do not even believe he is the best quarterback on the roster, but I do not think he is done as an NFL QB. Look what happened to Eli Manning in his first few years, Quinn looks like Drew Brees compared to what Eli used to look like, and then Eli won a Super Bowl after having a few seasons under his belt.

Choke yourself.

I think bringing in Weiss would be a great idea, and I think Quinn would do outstanding in that system. I am not a Quinn lover I just want a QB to succeed that is on our roster, so we do not have to draft another QB. Weiss gives us the best chance with Quinn.

Also we have zerp talent on offense, and I think Quinn is doing just fine with what he has in the backfield and who he is throwing to.

Do you think Quinn stats would look good if he was the QB for San Fran our even Jax...he sure would cause they have at least 1 playmaker. again we have we have ZERO PLAYMAKERS ON OFFENSE

If Quinn can make it has our QBm then the following happens

Berry in the first round,

2nd round a wr who is fast and can catch the ball and tall please...

3rd cj spiller thts a playmaker right there, should be able to get him in the 3rd. James Davis and Spiller back together in the baacfield would make me very happy

It was reported that the browns were talking to Mark Mangino from Kansas for the head coaching job!

Don't laugh... if Mangino gets fired that probably makes him look pretty good in Lerner's eyes...

There are some spooky similarities... aside from their name, weight, and approach to player relations...

You say Mangini... I say Mangino... let's call the whole thing off!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writ...angini.mangino/

It is remarkable, if you think about it, that in only 10 games as coach of the Cleveland Browns, Mangini has managed to:

1. Lose nine times -- his team's only victory coming in what I suppose is the worst game of the year, a 6-3 victory over Buffalo. In five of the nine losses, the Browns scored six or fewer points. In five of the nine losses, the Browns gave up 30 or more points. The Browns have gained the fewest yards, given up the third most, allowed 21 first downs by penalty (second most), and their quarterbacks have seven touchdown passes and 15 interceptions -- which, improbably, is even worse than Carolina's Jake Delhomme.

2. Play some sort of weird role in both the hiring and quick firing of former Browns GM George Kokinis. We are told that Kokinis is/was one of Mangini's best friends.

3. Turn the Browns' quarterback mess into a full-fledged circus complete with a whole new kind of "Guess who is going to be quarterback" intrigue (Who will start this week? Check in next time, same Browns time, same Brown channel!).

4. Do all sorts of comical things like fine a player $1,701 for failing to pay for a $3 water bottle in a hotel room -- while getting fined $25,000 himself for leaving Brett Favre off the injury report last year. He also just charged Detroit Lions coach Jim Schwartz of having his players fake injuries so they could deal with the Browns vaunted no-huddle attack, which would be hysterically funny if it wasn't just so sad. After all this is the guy who turned in Bill Belichick.

do you really think a pompous a-hole like weis is going to take a bottom tier coordinator job after taking the one of the most high profile jobs in america? i would like to have him as an oc but his big head will get in the way.

I think Weis should be happy taking any job he can get. In fact, perhaps he can do what Jerry Faust did: go from Notre Dame to Akron U. Akron just fired their coach and have an opening. Weis, however, really has to do nothing since he is to pocket 18 million of ND bucks.

I think Weis should be happy taking any job he can get. In fact, perhaps he can do what Jerry Faust did: go from Notre Dame to Akron U. Akron just fired their coach and have an opening. Weis, however, really has to do nothing since he is to pocket 18 million of ND bucks.

I don't know if they dock his pay for any other compensation he may get... as a coordinator - even for a team that would have to overpay like the Browns, we're only talking $1 million at most, so he'll still get the bulk of his remaining contract from ND

So it's not about money or needing to work obviously... it's about ego and pride... getting fired and then making a positive impact somewhere

That could mean keeping a good team good, or it could mean helping a bad team get better. The question is how much Weis wants to work. He can get decent glory and stroke his ego with less work in a contending organization.

The Browns represent a LOT of work - but they sure can't get worse. That - and the prospect of being declared a team's savior - might hold some attraction for him.

I don't know if they dock his pay for any other compensation he may get... as a coordinator - even for a team that would have to overpay like the Browns, we're only talking $1 million at most, so he'll still get the bulk of his remaining contract from ND

So it's not about money or needing to work obviously... it's about ego and pride... getting fired and then making a positive impact somewhere

That could mean keeping a good team good, or it could mean helping a bad team get better. The question is how much Weis wants to work. He can get decent glory and stroke his ego with less work in a contending organization.

The Browns represent a LOT of work - but they sure can't get worse. That - and the prospect of being declared a team's savior - might hold some attraction for him.

OK, so what you are saying is that the Akron U. job would be too much work for him? You know where he is going to end up, don't you: doing TV commentary.

Guest Metcalf_FTW

He says he has spoken with six NFL teams already about offensive coordinator positions - I bet that is where he will end up, but maybe television.

do you really think a pompous a-hole like weis is going to take a bottom tier coordinator job after taking the one of the most high profile jobs in america? i would like to have him as an oc but his big head will get in the way.

How can you say that you KNOW he's a "pompous a-hole"? Do you know him? Please. I've always heard he was a nice man from people who've actually met him.

What is it that people can't understand about college coaching being different than the NFL? In the NFL you can spend 24/7 gameplanning and you can keep guys in the facility all day long working towards a win. In college, you have time limits. You simply can't spend as much time as you want. Perhaps those limitations kept Weis (and it's still only spelled with one 's') from succeeding at ND.

How can you say that you KNOW he's a "pompous a-hole"? Do you know him? Please. I've always heard he was a nice man from people who've actually met him.

What is it that people can't understand about college coaching being different than the NFL? In the NFL you can spend 24/7 gameplanning and you can keep guys in the facility all day long working towards a win. In college, you have time limits. You simply can't spend as much time as you want. Perhaps those limitations kept Weis (and it's still only spelled with one 's') from succeeding at ND.

Add to that the fact that the gameplay in college is completely different than the gameplay in the NFL. Some coaches are great college coaches, while others are great NFL coaches. It's hard to make the transition.

Don't laugh... if Mangino gets fired that probably makes him look pretty good in Lerner's eyes...

There are some spooky similarities... aside from their name, weight, and approach to player relations...

You say Mangini... I say Mangino... let's call the whole thing off!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writ...angini.mangino/

Would you STFU already? Your constant anti-Mangini ranting is tiring and loathsome. So sorry Mangini exposed your Pats for cheating. You're just a typical idiot New England fan who thinks the sports world revolves around your teams.

18*-1

Archived