THE BROWNS BOARD

People who dislike Mangini

steel88

1. The 4-6 Jets. The Jets last year were 9-2 before their starting QB had a bicep tendon injury in his arm. They finished 9-7 and missed the playoffs. The defense and running game were fixed in 3 short years by Mr. Mangini and he developed a lot of young players into serious contributors, including Jerricho Cotchery, Chansi Stuckey, Brad Smith, Leon Washington, D'brickashaw Ferguson, Nick Mangold, David Harris, Kerry Rhodes, Darrelle Revis. Under Rex Ryan, Kerry Rhodes has been benched because a lack of good play.

2. Mangini was asked: How challenging was the situation you inherited? by Plain Dealer reporter Tony Grossi. Here is his answer:

Quote:

There was a lot of money committed in bonuses that you couldn't do anything about. We didn't have many draft picks. We had a high pick, and if you draft that high, you commit a ton of resources to one player -- and that's fine if you really have a conviction on that one player and you think he's going to be an impact player for a long time. If you look at the guys we've released, where have they ended up?

He's got a point.

3. The Kellen Winslow debacle. In 10 games, Kellen Winslow has 483 yards and 5 TD. It's good for a TE, I'll give you that- but he's had just as many knee surgeries in his career as touchdowns. Winslow was awarded a contract with 20M in guaranteed bonuses with injury guarantees. His replacement is Mohamed Massaquoi who's shown flashes of brilliance for almost one TENTH of the cost has 473 yards 1 TD and almost twice the YPC average. Could he be the #1 of our future? Possible. Would Kellen Winslow ever have been the #1 of our future? No. His injury history plus position, IMO says he wouldnt.

4. The Braylon Edwards trade. At first people were enraged. Two picks + two players for a #1. Braylon Edwards since leaving the Browns has the same record as the Cleveland Browns. He has 17 catches for 281 yards and 2 TD. We recieved Jason Trusnik who has as many sacks as Edwards does touchdowns (should be 3 since his safety was technically a penalty caused by his pass rush). We also recieved Chansi Stuckey who has 87 yards and 1 TD. Picks 3 and 5 in next years draft have yet to be realized.

5. After stepping into Daboll's authority, Daboll put on an offensive show in DET. Granted it was Detroit, but the offense actually did something. Lets see if they can continue this progress.

6. the progress of his young players: Alex Mack, Mohamed Massaquoi, Chris Jennings, Brady Quinn (hopefully), Chansi Stuckey (hopefully), Jason Trusnik, Ahtyba Rubin. I personally don't believe Robiskie and Veikune are lost projects yet though. I also believe after a year of sitting, Francies and Davis can be contributors. Matt Roth should be a welcomed addition, and Corey Williams is having a fine year as a pro. Robaire Smith looks awesome too, and has acclimated to the 3-4 well. Kaluka is improving, and Pool can be AWESOME, if he stops jumping on play fakes. This, may be a function of our run defense not doing as well as we should be. Could this be a function of our holes at inside linebacker and Wimbley not being good against the run? I think it could be. Trusnik Maiava Bowens Roth could be the stoutest LB corps we had against the run. Mike Adams has become even better than he was before.

Is it possible our team was just terrible before? I think it could be. Has he messed up? Sure. Can he salvage his tenure in Cleveland? sure. Remember last year? Cincy was about 1-9, and they won out to be 4-11-1. This year they are leading the division.

Anything can happen in the NFL. I believe Mangini has coaching abilities.

i honestly think that my dislike for him is blind hatred. he didn't have much success in new york and his only playoff appearance came in his first year with a team that herm edwards put together. i am also very sick and tired of hearing him dodge questions and keep things close to the chest. the biggie is that his a class a jerk and thinks he is better than everyone else. i agree that we need draft picks and that edwards and winslow needed to go; but anyone could have gotten what we got for them. mangini has no specialty. what is he known for? his offense at new york sucked and the patriots offense was worked best when he wasn't coordinator. he's just a a-hole that should have never been hired.

Ive always wanted to support him. Its been very hard but I am all for giving him a few more years to see his full potential. We have 11 draft picks next year with probably more on the way. Give him a year or two and I could see us becoming the dynasty we had in the 80's.

dynasties win championships. sorry, i figured i would just way it before a troll did.

i honestly think that my dislike for him is blind hatred. he didn't have much success in new york and his only playoff appearance came in his first year with a team that herm edwards put together. i am also very sick and tired of hearing him dodge questions and keep things close to the chest. the biggie is that his a class a jerk and thinks he is better than everyone else. i agree that we need draft picks and that edwards and winslow needed to go; but anyone could have gotten what we got for them. mangini has no specialty. what is he known for? his offense at new york sucked and the patriots offense was worked best when he wasn't coordinator. he's just a a-hole that should have never been hired.

How do you figure hes a jerk? sure ive heard that from espn and such but from actual players it isnt that way at all

dynasties win championships. sorry, i figured i would just way it before a troll did.

You don't have to (be a) Dynasty to have an attitude.

You don't have to be rich to be my girl.

You don't have to be cool to rule my world

Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with

I just want your extra time and your.........

He has a darth vader helmet in his office, omg

I have no problem with mangini keeping secrets from me if he delivers. We need a great draft and to get 2-3 starters in free agency. The draft is more dependent upon the scouting system set up by Savage and Kokinis, let's hope this was done right. I believe that picking up guys like Roth & Trusnik (sp?) shows that the organization has their eyes open...

1. The 4-6 Jets. The Jets last year were 9-2 before their starting QB had a bicep tendon injury in his arm. They finished 9-7 and missed the playoffs. The defense and running game were fixed in 3 short years by Mr. Mangini and he developed a lot of young players into serious contributors, including Jerricho Cotchery, Chansi Stuckey, Brad Smith, Leon Washington, D'brickashaw Ferguson, Nick Mangold, David Harris, Kerry Rhodes, Darrelle Revis. Under Rex Ryan, Kerry Rhodes has been benched because a lack of good play.

2. Mangini was asked: How challenging was the situation you inherited? by Plain Dealer reporter Tony Grossi. Here is his answer:

Quote:

There was a lot of money committed in bonuses that you couldn't do anything about. We didn't have many draft picks. We had a high pick, and if you draft that high, you commit a ton of resources to one player -- and that's fine if you really have a conviction on that one player and you think he's going to be an impact player for a long time. If you look at the guys we've released, where have they ended up?

He's got a point.

3. The Kellen Winslow debacle. In 10 games, Kellen Winslow has 483 yards and 5 TD. It's good for a TE, I'll give you that- but he's had just as many knee surgeries in his career as touchdowns. Winslow was awarded a contract with 20M in guaranteed bonuses with injury guarantees. His replacement is Mohamed Massaquoi who's shown flashes of brilliance for almost one TENTH of the cost has 473 yards 1 TD and almost twice the YPC average. Could he be the #1 of our future? Possible. Would Kellen Winslow ever have been the #1 of our future? No. His injury history plus position, IMO says he wouldnt.

4. The Braylon Edwards trade. At first people were enraged. Two picks + two players for a #1. Braylon Edwards since leaving the Browns has the same record as the Cleveland Browns. He has 17 catches for 281 yards and 2 TD. We recieved Jason Trusnik who has as many sacks as Edwards does touchdowns (should be 3 since his safety was technically a penalty caused by his pass rush). We also recieved Chansi Stuckey who has 87 yards and 1 TD. Picks 3 and 5 in next years draft have yet to be realized.

5. After stepping into Daboll's authority, Daboll put on an offensive show in DET. Granted it was Detroit, but the offense actually did something. Lets see if they can continue this progress.

6. the progress of his young players: Alex Mack, Mohamed Massaquoi, Chris Jennings, Brady Quinn (hopefully), Chansi Stuckey (hopefully), Jason Trusnik, Ahtyba Rubin. I personally don't believe Robiskie and Veikune are lost projects yet though. I also believe after a year of sitting, Francies and Davis can be contributors. Matt Roth should be a welcomed addition, and Corey Williams is having a fine year as a pro. Robaire Smith looks awesome too, and has acclimated to the 3-4 well. Kaluka is improving, and Pool can be AWESOME, if he stops jumping on play fakes. This, may be a function of our run defense not doing as well as we should be. Could this be a function of our holes at inside linebacker and Wimbley not being good against the run? I think it could be. Trusnik Maiava Bowens Roth could be the stoutest LB corps we had against the run. Mike Adams has become even better than he was before.

Is it possible our team was just terrible before? I think it could be. Has he messed up? Sure. Can he salvage his tenure in Cleveland? sure. Remember last year? Cincy was about 1-9, and they won out to be 4-11-1. This year they are leading the division.

Anything can happen in the NFL. I believe Mangini has coaching abilities.

sure anything is possible except for what I bolded.....WHAT? awesome? lololol dude gets concussed hitting the pillow at night. he is Poor at best....elam poor... we need two BRAND new safeties.

Quote:

We had a high pick, and if you draft that high, you commit a ton of resources to one player -- and that's fine if you really have a conviction on that one player and you think he's going to be an impact player for a long time.

My take on this statement...expect Mangini to do a series of trade downs again this year

Quite possibly with the number 1 selection overall

I love how people think that they know the guy because of what they see on TV. Laughable.

Nice post but you're wasting your time. They'll still find a way to bash EM. You're a glutton for punishment.

Kudos to those posters who can flesh out specific things that they dislike while they also can point to things that they do like.

My take on this statement...expect Mangini to do a series of trade downs again this year

Quite possibly with the number 1 selection overall

Problem is who is willing to trade up? The thing is the Browns are stuck between a rock and an hard place. No. 1 draft pick gets a shit load of guaranteed money. Trading down only makes sense if we don't find a player we like. However, if there is a player we really like, and is potentially a game-changer, or a potential Franchise QB( Clausen ;)

And the weirdest thing of all, is that Clausen is being already scouted by the Browns.

Problem is who is willing to trade up? The thing is the Browns are stuck between a rock and an hard place. No. 1 draft pick gets a shit load of guaranteed money. Trading down only makes sense if we don't find a player we like. However, if there is a player we really like, and is potentially a game-changer, or a potential Franchise QB( Clausen ;)

And the weirdest thing of all, is that Clausen is being already scouted by the Browns.

We won't be able to trade out of the top 5. Clausen is not a top 5 talent. If we can't trade out....look for a defensive player despite the needs on offense. An impact player like an Eric Berry will be the pick in the top five.

We won't be able to trade out of the top 5. Clausen is not a top 5 talent. If we can't trade out....look for a defensive player despite the needs on offense. An impact player like an Eric Berry will be the pick in the top five.

Well, I think so. Clausen reminds me of Favre. Really strong arm, very quick release. Can throw the 15-30 out route unlike Quinn.

So much of the crap about Mangini has been debunked or just proven wrong

Players hate him..Show me a quote from Freakin one player..you can't

JD got hurt playing without pads..NFL investigation..NOTHING FOUND

Destroyed Browns Hall of Fame..I understand its now right in the atruim of Berea and its stunning

Practice is too long..Pro Bowler Nick Mangold laughed about it on a radio show saying "Rex's are longer"

Benched Quinn because of incentives..He'll get his money..Good thing he's not getting paid for his % of completed passes longer then 10 yds.

Secretive..I watch his press conferences on the Browns site all the time..He's talking football..I think thats what he's supposed to do.

He has repeatedly said from Day 1 his office door is` ALWAYS open to the players, so saying he isn't

communicating with the team is obviously false

The Browns just plain SUCKED last year and were undisciplined,lazy,turds.

Its not showing up in wins yet and this will take time, but this pile of horse manure HAD to be

blown up and a rebuilt from brick one, Hell, we all knew this deep down

in our Brown's heart but now some want the shiny apple when the tree

is just being planted

Problem is who is willing to trade up?

Generally a team that feels like their one great player away from a championship

Goes without saying...we don't qualify

Or a player of Elway,Manning,Aikman caliber...I don't see one in this years draft( unless you like Tebow)

But there's still alot of college ball to be played

Generally a team that feels like their one great player away from a championship

Goes without saying...we don't qualify

Or a player of Elway,Manning,Aikman caliber...I don't see one in this years draft( unless you like Tebow)

But there's still alot of college ball to be played

I want draft Eric Berry. Guy is a stud. But I also want Clausen if Quinn doesn't show anything to me for the next 5 games.

Yeah, I'm a big fan of Berry

As for a QB...just to many issues with the offense to see us ruin another young QB

You can fix the offense with the free agency. Get guys like Kevin Walter from Texans, Anthony Fasano from the Fins' .

And get a decent OC, for christssakes, and then build around Quinn or Clausen if we should draft him.

[quote The Browns just plain SUCKED last year and were undisciplined,lazy,turds.

Its not showing up in wins yet and this will take time, but this pile of horse manure HAD to be

is just being planted

It's tough to polish a turd.....

Mangini inherited a group of non-hackers when he became Brown's coach.....

He walked into the buzzsaw of a team who deep down know they can't win......

The culture of winning is but a distant dream.......

As much as we Brown's fans despise the concept of rebuilding........that is what Brown's management is faced with

The product is defective, the brand is losing its value and the customers are staying away...............

I could spend an hour or more telling folks some of the reasons why i dislike mangini and the media doesnt even enter into the equation ,but first i should say i was all for mangini ,i really endorsed the guy and early on embraced what he said he wanted to achieve ,he has added overall discipline to the team but he has failed at virtually everything else..

Main reasons of personal dislike are:

Liar

Hypocrite

Stubborn to stupidity

Candy coated ,world through rose colored eyeglasses ,pie in the sky lies all equaling really bad worthlessly fluffed press conferences that leave the fans thinking that mangini really thinks he pulled a fast one..or he is just blind to reality..

Daboll rinse and repeat candy coated double standards..

General reasons of mangini dislike:

I just dont like the guys way of doing things its just backwards and non pro....

I think he is seriously a slow learner and an unskilled tactician..

He failed to start fresh and has dragged the whole organization and the fans shamelessly down the into the gutter..

Fan unfriendly in a hypocritical way..

Player unfriendly in a double standard way which is affecting who and what we are seeing on the field...

Brown pants(which caused this whole season to go bad) ;)

Dum n bald-i cant say that enough!

On the field reasons of mangini dislike:

Rigid non-flexible gameplans that get blown up fast with no acceptable counters in place..

Poor evaluation and poor uncreative use of all the available assets leading to predictable results...

Mangoofy is consistently outhustled ,outflanked and outsmarted by his opponents coaching staffs ,it merely frustrates him that they play him soft just enough to win ,but it pisses him off that they ram it down his gutless throat without mercy and show him up for the sucky approaches that he allows...and the bad tactician he is..

More bad decisions on who plays and why ,leading to a predictable outcome..

An unbelievable lack of creativity and innovation..

He shows a losers frustration and poor leadership skills once things start going south he lacks the ability to change up and get bold to deal with adversity..

He is overall a clone and not a leader of men but a mealy mouthed lying maggot..

Thats not all but its enough to get why i disapprove of him and think he has to go at any cost ,but in the end we dont determine that decision we only determine rather we buy worthless here today gone tomorrow browns gear and psl's and sunday tickets ,and i wont be getting any if mangini is still around , its bad enough that its a bad product on the field but mangini makes it unbearable...;)

In 10 games, Kellen Winslow has 483 yards and 5 TD.

Now 564 yards and 5 TD's. And a huge chunk of his production - 23 catches, 269 yards, 1 TD - has come in rookie Josh Freeman's four starts.

Those two clearly have a strong rapport, and Kellen's managed to bail Freeman out on some inaccurate throws, much like he did for Brady Quinn last year against Denver.

You can't underestimate the impact a good receiving tight end can have on a young quarterback's development. That's why Detroit and Tampa gave up picks & big money to get their rookie QB's one. By contrast, Mangini & Ko traded away our guy for picks and didn't bring in a competent replacement.

This is an easy one...1 win, 10 losses. If he had gone 7-9, 8-8, maybe 6-10, it's a totally different story. Hell, if he wins 3 of the last 5 he still has a shot at turning fan base. If fans have no hope week in and week out with no light at the end of the tunnel, no coach will last regardless of who it is.

I could spend an hour or more telling folks some of the reasons why i dislike mangini and the media doesnt even enter into the equation ,but first i should say i was all for mangini ,i really endorsed the guy and early on embraced what he said he wanted to achieve ,he has added overall discipline to the team but he has failed at virtually everything else..

Liar

Hypocrite

Stubborn to stupidity

Candy coated ,world through rose colored eyeglasses ,pie in the sky lies all equaling really bad worthlessly fluffed press conferences that leave the fans thinking that mangini really thinks he pulled a fast one..or he is just blind to reality.. Amen

I just dont like the guys way of doing things its just backwards and non pro....

He failed to start fresh and has dragged the whole organization and the fans shamelessly down the into the gutter..

Player unfriendly in a double standard way which is affecting who and what we are seeing on the field... Hello, Robo, wherefore art thou?

Dum n bald-i cant say that enough! What? the Bengals LOVE him- that 80% run on first down is SO predictable, we can call the plays you're running better than you can!

Rigid non-flexible gameplans that get blown up fast with no acceptable counters in place..

Poor evaluation and poor uncreative use of all the available assets leading to predictable results...

Mangoofy is consistently outhustled ,outflanked and outsmarted by his opponents coaching staffs ,it merely frustrates him that they play him soft just enough to win ,but it pisses him off that they ram it down his gutless throat without mercy and show him up for the sucky approaches that he allows...and the bad tactician he is..

He shows a losers frustration and poor leadership skills once things start going south he lacks the ability to change up and get bold to deal with adversity..

He is overall a clone and not a leader of men but a mealy mouthed lying maggot..

Thats not all but its enough to get why i disapprove of him and think he has to go at any cost ,but in the end we dont determine that decision we only determine rather we buy worthless here today gone tomorrow browns gear and psl's and sunday tickets ,and i wont be getting any if mangini is still around , its bad enough that its a bad product on the field but mangini makes it unbearable...;)

May I add Mangenius benches Quinn, and put in a guy that had a realistic shot to be the worst rater passer in the F**KING history of the NFL and blindly stuck to his guns. Well Mangoonie, meet your Titanic of bad decisions. But that's not all. McCallister started for the Saints. Too bad he didn't play for the Jets- he'd be a Brown now. Looks the same as Butch Davis couldn't see beyond Miami.

I want draft Eric Berry. Guy is a stud. But I also want Clausen if Quinn doesn't show anything to me for the next 5 games.

I am all about Eric Berry. I feel like he can change the entire attitude of a defense and we need that right now. Not to mention he makes big plays with hits and picks. He can play like Polamalou does. Never enter the huddle, just play the ball wherever it is on the field. You can more for your money with that guy. He'll hekp the LBs and the DBs. And, he can start on day one and be productive.

Please Browns, stay the hell away from Clausen! Outside of Montana I can't think of any Notre Dame QB that has done anything significant in the NFL. Clausen is all smoke and mirrors. The only QB I would take in the first round is Locker. Still, I hope we don't get a QB until the 4th or 5th round. Develope him in this system for a year or two and let him rip in 2012.

I do agree with Mangini on the following:

>> Trade Down: there was no one worth taking at such a high pick

>> Passing Maulaga: He is still a product and has not shown anything special

>> Selecting Alex Mack: A good center who is learning.

>> Starting DA and Quinn: Saved some money and he had a good evaluation of DA and BQ.

I dislike Mangini for the following:

>> Sticking with Daboll.

>> Receivers still dropping ball.

>> We still are yet to establish our running game. Im glad Jennings is receiving some carries, JL is done.

>> Using Cribs as a WR. He simply is not WR material.

>> Robiskie's evaluation.

>> Some on the field coaching decisions.

So much of the crap about Mangini has been debunked or just proven wrong

Players hate him..Show me a quote from Freakin one player..you can't

JD got hurt playing without pads..NFL investigation..NOTHING FOUND

Destroyed Browns Hall of Fame..I understand its now right in the atruim of Berea and its stunning

Practice is too long..Pro Bowler Nick Mangold laughed about it on a radio show saying "Rex's are longer"

Benched Quinn because of incentives..He'll get his money..Good thing he's not getting paid for his % of completed passes longer then 10 yds.

Secretive..I watch his press conferences on the Browns site all the time..He's talking football..I think thats what he's supposed to do.

He has repeatedly said from Day 1 his office door is` ALWAYS open to the players, so saying he isn't

communicating with the team is obviously false

The Browns just plain SUCKED last year and were undisciplined,lazy,turds.

is just being planted

Liar

Hypocrite

Stubborn to stupidity

Candy coated ,world through rose colored eyeglasses ,pie in the sky lies all equaling really bad worthlessly fluffed press conferences that leave the fans thinking that mangini really thinks he pulled a fast one..or he is just blind to reality..

Player unfriendly in a double standard way which is affecting who and what we are seeing on the field...

Dum n bald-i cant say that enough!

Everything you said about Mangini could be said about Belichick. The difference simply is the Ws.

Archived