THE BROWNS BOARD

Time for an Advantage in Cleveland

cdl15

If the city of cleveland did anything wrong in the whole art modell leaving town with the Browns it was not building a dome instead of the current battlefield or in this case a slaugherting field.

When you think of it home field advantage doesn't count for as much as it used to. the steelers ravens bengals and browns all play in cold weather towns during the latter potion of the football season. But once you go to the superbowl that "advantage" that youve had, that you've built your football team around is gone.

Play a game in arizona or a dome and the advantage goes to the brees's the mannings the warners. Hey there you go get a dome and at least host a superbowl. That would help a struggling financal town.

Like I said get a dome and be the first in the division to do so. Make all those cold weather teams play in our dome, bet we can get that f&^ker LOUD.

Ive always though superbowls should be played in the nastiest coldest wind swept snow covered fields of the league ,nasty weather to challenge the best of the best...but this league is becoming more dainty and weak by the year...a runner up bowl would be kool to do in the ice "the winterbowl" i bet it would get more popular in a few years then the superbowl...;)

I went to St. Louis in 2007 for the Browns/Rams game. Fortunately we won, after falling behind 14-0, so the long drive home wasn't miserable.

It's my only experience in a dome, I wasn't impressed at all. It was like going to a movie theater, or a play. Granted, the Rams were (and still are) struggling that season, but it didn't have a football atmosphere. Football is an outdoor game, elements need to be a part of it.

The dome thing never was well received here. The Hexatron Complex (dome) proposed in the mid 80s didn't have support, and

even goofy Modell realized the fans here wanted outdoor football.

Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Chicago & Buffalo want outdoor football. I bet even Viking fans hate their dome...Minnesota lost a huge edge when they moved inside, although some would argue that today, and the year they went 15-1 (1998?).

If the city of cleveland did anything wrong in the whole art modell leaving town with the Browns it was not building a dome instead of the current battlefield or in this case a slaugherting field.

When you think of it home field advantage doesn't count for as much as it used to. the steelers ravens bengals and browns all play in cold weather towns during the latter potion of the football season. But once you go to the superbowl that "advantage" that youve had, that you've built your football team around is gone.

Play a game in arizona or a dome and the advantage goes to the brees's the mannings the warners. Hey there you go get a dome and at least host a superbowl. That would help a struggling financal town.

Like I said get a dome and be the first in the division to do so. Make all those cold weather teams play in our dome, bet we can get that f&^ker LOUD.

I agree. Playing in snow and ice isn't a advantage.

You don't have that many players who grew up in Alaska or Montana...it's a myth...if I had a vote, I put a top on that place.

It's plain goofy to have a place like that that gets maybe 20 events a year counting games and a few concerts.

I take that back, it is a bit of an advantage if you suck and the other teams are good. Instead of getting raped by 30 points, you just get pushed around by 20.

Archived