THE BROWNS BOARD

Quinn vs. Anderson

cdl15

Loved Quinn when we drafted him but there is something about DA. He never get worse the team got worse around him. And in his Defense his TD/Int ratio is about 1:1 and that is with the team getting as bad as it has.

Quinn hasn't impressed me at all so far. The lions D sux i could of thrown 5 Tds. His inability to stretch the field is going to get one of his guys killed on the dink and dunk crap. The safties don't respect him they are always on the line. He is streakyy on the blitz pick up, which i though he'd be better at DA, but hasn't been.

Each qb has their strong points and bad points. DA has a cannon, can make every throw on the field, and has made every throw at a certian point. But lacks the touch for the shorter passes.

Quinn can make the short pass all day gives you the best chance for high pct. completions. He lacks the arm strength to stretch the field and will hang out shorter routed recievers with errend throws.

In the end its to close and both seem to be running out of time with the cleveland browns. What a shame!

Hey, I'm brand new to this forum and am a HUGE Anderson fan. You saw what the man could do in 07...My vote is for DA

welcome to the board. we all saw and loved what da did in 07, however he has not been able to get anywhere near those stats since then. he even had the same weapons that he did the year before last year and couldn't get it done. if he were throwing a touchdown or two a game we would be happy. unfortunately he only throws interceptions now.

welcome to the board. we all saw and loved what da did in 07, however he has not been able to get anywhere near those stats since then. he even had the same weapons that he did the year before last year and couldn't get it done. if he were throwing a touchdown or two a game we would be happy. unfortunately he only throws interceptions now.

He simply didn't have the weapons this year. He had the same weapns in 08, but he wasn't terrible neither. You give DA the weapons and I think he's a top 8-12 QB.

PS - I'm from Philly so I don't get many or any at all Browns news, can you explain why we traded Edwards? I mean, the dude dropped some passes, but he's still a mega talent, I just didn't think we had to completely start over on the skill position front.

He simply didn't have the weapons this year. He had the same weapns in 08, but he wasn't terrible neither. You give DA the weapons and I think he's a top 8-12 QB.

PS - I'm from Philly so I don't get many or any at all Browns news, can you explain why we traded Edwards? I mean, the dude dropped some passes, but he's still a mega talent, I just didn't think we had to completely start over on the skill position front.

he had the weapons last year and was far from a top 8-12 qb. we would have been ecstatic to have a 8-12 qb last year.

we traded edwards because his contract was up at the end of this year and we had to get something for him while we could. his stock was low at the time so we couldn't get a whole lot for him. i like trusnik, the outside linebacker we got for him but stucki is a waste. the 3rd rounder we got for him could become a 2nd rounder. i think we got good value for him, especially if we can get a 2nd round pick.

CDL you just got to the board and your saying some repetive stuff...

We get it already this thread is pointless my suggestion to you right now is to read and reply not post...

Loved Quinn when we drafted him but there is something about DA. He never get worse the team got worse around him. And in his Defense his TD/Int ratio is about 1:1 and that is with the team getting as bad as it has.

Quinn hasn't impressed me at all so far. The lions D sux i could of thrown 5 Tds. His inability to stretch the field is going to get one of his guys killed on the dink and dunk crap. The safties don't respect him they are always on the line. He is streakyy on the blitz pick up, which i though he'd be better at DA, but hasn't been.

Each qb has their strong points and bad points. DA has a cannon, can make every throw on the field, and has made every throw at a certian point. But lacks the touch for the shorter passes.

Quinn can make the short pass all day gives you the best chance for high pct. completions. He lacks the arm strength to stretch the field and will hang out shorter routed recievers with errend throws.

In the end its to close and both seem to be running out of time with the cleveland browns. What a shame!

and who are you. you prob like mangini. just opinion if you don't liike it don't read it maybe you should find the front door of your home so you can walk to the welfare line Po Dunk. Opinions are like ass holes everyone has one and some like mine smell a little better than yours.

and who are you. you prob like mangini. just opinion if you don't liike it don't read it maybe you should find the front door of your home so you can walk to the welfare line Po Dunk. Opinions are like ass holes everyone has one and some like mine smell a little better than yours.

Now Now, let's be nice. :rolleyes:

Hey first post here.

Go with Quinn for now if he don't work out.Find some one like Garcia for a two year deal then draft a QB.

Let the young QB watch the vet for a year then try your luck.Drafting another young QB right now would set you back.

1 keep the coach for 3 years not a big fan of his but you need time.

2 build the D up

3 Get a vet QB for next year if needed

4 Draft a QB 2011 if needed

It's just my opinion GO BROWNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he had the weapons last year and was far from a top 8-12 qb. we would have been ecstatic to have a 8-12 qb last year.

we traded edwards because his contract was up at the end of this year and we had to get something for him while we could. his stock was low at the time so we couldn't get a whole lot for him. i like trusnik, the outside linebacker we got for him but stucki is a waste. the 3rd rounder we got for him could become a 2nd rounder. i think we got good value for him, especially if we can get a 2nd round pick.

He was not even top 30 last year!! top 8-12? What planet are you from? He was DEAD LAST in the NFL!

DA had 3 years to prove himself. he failed and ranked last in the NFL 2 outa those 3 years.

forget about him already. give BQ extended time, and move on from there. DA shoulda been traded after he lost the qb competition in the beginning of the season. this is why you don't have 2 starting QBs on one team. people are always clammoring for the one on the bench.

So you know what his smells like? Damn. Not going there.

The case for #10 in '10

I've seen enough of Brady Quinn to know that I want to see more of Brady Quinn in 2010.

My rationale is simple:

We have too many needs at too many positions to draft another young, inexperienced QB in 2010.

Without more weapons and a rebuilt OL (remember when OL was a team strength? Sigh.), no QB will win for us in 2010 regardless. So if a QB is going to have to sink or swim on the job in 2010, it may as well be the one that we already have, a young vet who will be fighting for his very NFL existence next year and will play his heart out.

Also, regardless of the new regime, we will need more foundational, impact players. I believe we should focus on offensive veterans at RB, OL and TE and defensive veterans at CB, S, and LB in FA and then go BPA in the draft.

I'd like to see Suh and Tate (or an equally explosive RB or WR in the 2nd) for sure and then BPA all the way down. I honestly don't think anything matters as much as guys who will make the team and contribute quickly. No more projects, no more choir boys. It's gotta be players in 2010.

So, in my scenario, Quinn leads a younger and improved offensive unit and DQJ leads a younger and improved defensive unit in 2010.

If there isn't a significant upgrade in the play of either player, we jettison both and draft their replacements in 2011. But at least we'll have built a sturdier foundation before tearing out either guy.

The case for #10 in '10

I've seen enough of Brady Quinn to know that I want to see more of Brady Quinn in 2010.

My rationale is simple:

We have too many needs at too many positions to draft another young, inexperienced QB in 2010.

Im with ya! Why waste 1 pick on a guy that is going to take a couple of years to develop, unless you are certain that there is a capable QB who can come right in and start. But then on the other hand we dont have a running game so why would we even think that we could have a passing game, they both feed off of one another but if you cannot run the ball your offense will stall out. And we have seen that for over a year and a half now.

IMO: We need to rebuild the right side of the line and get a big RB.

DA had 3 years to prove himself. he failed and ranked last in the NFL 2 outa those 3 years.

forget about him already. give BQ extended time, and move on from there. DA shoulda been traded after he lost the qb competition in the beginning of the season. this is why you don't have 2 starting QBs on one team. people are always clammoring for the one on the bench.

I see where ur going with this, but Quinn was going to the starter of the Browns regardless of the so called "qb competition' , mangina knew he had to start Quinn this season or the cleveland fans would be rioting

drafting a new qb into this team won't change the outcome, he'll just be destroyed by a lousy offense and line. we saw quinn shine against detroit, that means with protection, a running game, decent play calling, and recievers who can get open he can play well. our problem is our personnel is so underskilled they only perform against the dregs of the league.

add in a running back, some recievers, a line, and hopefully some less Retarded play calling on offense, he should be enough for us to get by next year, and look for a qb the following, unless he really improves.

drafting a new qb into this team won't change the outcome, he'll just be destroyed by a lousy offense and line. we saw quinn shine against detroit, that means with protection, a running game, decent play calling, and recievers who can get open he can play well. our problem is our personnel is so underskilled they only perform against the dregs of the league.

add in a running back, some recievers, a line, and hopefully some less Retarded play calling on offense, he should be enough for us to get by next year, and look for a qb the following, unless he really improves.

But why do you think that the personnel that can only perform against other shitty teams does not include Quinn? Because the only two good games of his career have come against shitty pass defenses.

Clearly Quinn is to be included in players that suck and can only play good against shitty defenses.

There's no way to avoid the obvious.

Archived