THE BROWNS BOARD

Ruskell resigns as Seahawks' GM

BrownIndian

Tim Ruskell resigned as president and general manager of the Seahawks, leaving the door open for Mike Holmgren's possible return to Seattle.

Ruskell announced his resignation Thursday, weeks before his five-year contract with the team ends. He asked the team whether he was going to be retained so he could begin planning for offseason moves. Owner Paul Allen, the ailing Microsoft Corp. tycoon, and Seahawks chief executive officer Tod Leiweke told Ruskell no, so he left.

"Obviously there's great sadness today, but I will leave here with great memories of this place and the people. It's been the people for me," Ruskell said, his voice breaking and holding back tears during a news conference.

The team's ownership gave Ruskell full authority to shape the franchise soon after he arrived before the 2005 season. Seattle made its only Super Bowl that season.

Since then, he has presided over failed top draft choices, expensive free agent busts and the awkward ouster of popular coach and former GM Holmgren at the end of his contract in January.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/d...nning-seahawks/

--------------------------------------------

I guess it means a goodbye to Holmgren!

An experienced GM, that is just what the browns need. We gotta get this guy ;)

Oh gawd lets not give randy "twitch hire" lerner any ideas ,ruskell unfortunately fits the bill for a lerner hire..will suck ass and will keep mangini...a double edged loser...;)

Archived