THE BROWNS BOARD

Our NEXT 1st Rd Pick Could Be Playing Today

Flugel

Folks,

Looking ahead to better days - we might be able to begin the excitement today. The following players are about to play some very important games today - stacking up against some pretty talented opponents:

1) C.J. Spiller (RB - Clemson) - He's rumored to have that Marshall Faulk/Chris Johnson/AP gear that often turns a little daylight into TDs. I'm looking forward to catching a little Clemson vrs Ga Tech tonight. I've had countless people tell me Reggie Bush is a major bust; BUT they never waste his ass blocking the blitzers. Instead, they throw to him during the blitz which creates matchup favorability to Sean Payton. Dude catches countless uncontested passes which makes life a breeze for Brees. Faulk buried so many blitzers in the passing game too. All of the names I mentioned play/played at about Spiller's weight.

2) Ndam Suh (NT/DT - Nebraska) - They say he's the best downline coming out that can play 2-gap or 1 gap if need be. He's blue collar all the way and I'm not sold Rogers wants to stay here. I guess I'll be changing the chanel to the the Big 12 Championship often.

3) Colt McCoy (QB - Texas) - The thought of drafting another QB on a roster without scoring weapons makes me nervous but I think this is a guy who CAN move the chains whatever way he has to.

4) Case Keenum (QB - Houston) - Longshot that wouldn't thrill me to be a #1 overall but this might be the quietest steller season anyone has ever had. If his caliber of competition is a concern, that also applies to the caliber of blockers and scoring weapons he has to work with so don't let that fool us. No need to tell me we're not taking him - I just don't think he's all dink like the Houston QBs of the past.

I'm not sure there's any defensive guys in the Bama-Florida game who warrant #1 overall consideration; BUT there's bound to be some guys we COULD see on our doorstep at the top of round 2 at the #33 overall pick.

Now for 1 that is not playing today:

1) Eric Berry (Safety - UT) - He is only a junior so there's a chance he won't come out. I think over the years we've seen the value of players like Ed Reed, Polly and Bob Sanders. If not, try to remember a game plan where Eric Turner shut out Ben Coates of NE in a post season game in the BB era. Pretty fond memory folks!

- Tom F.

We are going to be a few years away from having the chance to have a solid team. I wouldnt mind trading down a bit since we will have one of the top two picks to save some $$$. If we could land the likes of Berry from trading down it would be worth it. We need to cut ties with anderson and move forward with Quinn and draft a backup plan such as LeFevour as long as he is a later pick. I feel there is some promising rbs in the fa market such as Sproles or Caddy Williams. We really have so many gaps on this team that it cant be done in a year!! RB, RT, LB, CB, S.

If not, try to remember a game plan where Eric Turner shut out Ben Coates of NE in a post season game in the BB era. Pretty fond memory folks!

Flugels

How the heck do you remember all this stuff, Mr. Flugs? ????

Anyway, if the Browns were to draft a qb, I would end up hiking in the woods because my Wifie would

tell me to take a hike because I wouldn't stop stomping around the house screaming "ARAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHH" !

With the possible retirement of Brodney Pool, I can see Berry is the pick.

And Suh could step in anywhere in the rotation. I have a hunch, though, that the Browns would trade down about 5 or more spots,

and then trade down again (like last year), and nab one of the best lb in the draft for a 3-4. Or, I really like the Georgia Tech

rb, a big, powerful, fast kid who can do it all.

But the Browns must draft, or find the perfect FA RT. The Browns must find their own Joe Staley, especially in the second round.

My money would be on Berry or Suh. Berry would be a game changer, to a secondary that is just pitiful, especially on McDonald's side.

In fact, Berry is said to be able to play some cb, too.

It's going to be very interesting, and very hard to predict.

playerjdd

We really have so many gaps on this team that it cant be done in a year!!

Impact safety must be a priority..rather by draft or FA..

While it will be next to impossible to get everything we need for success in 1 year ,im a firm believer that bringing in the right people with a true football background and a creative ,constructive mindset from czar to coach would drastically reduce the rebuild process ,real football minds are hard to come by and lerners reputation as an ass and an idiot amongst the league isnt going to be helpful in the pursuit of these elusive guys...

Unfortunately im thinking we end up with bottom of the totem pole brass yet again and squander the draft yet again...just for starters on a long ,long journey to nowhere..

Folks,

Looking ahead to better days - we might be able to begin the excitement today. The following players are about to play some very important games today - stacking up against some pretty talented opponents:

1) C.J. Spiller (RB - Clemson) - He's rumored to have that Marshall Faulk/Chris Johnson/AP gear that often turns a little daylight into TDs. I'm looking forward to catching a little Clemson vrs Ga Tech tonight. I've had countless people tell me Reggie Bush is a major bust; BUT they never waste his ass blocking the blitzers. Instead, they throw to him during the blitz which creates matchup favorability to Sean Payton. Dude catches countless uncontested passes which makes life a breeze for Brees. Faulk buried so many blitzers in the passing game too. All of the names I mentioned play/played at about Spiller's weight.

2) Ndam Suh (NT/DT - Nebraska) - They say he's the best downline coming out that can play 2-gap or 1 gap if need be. He's blue collar all the way and I'm not sold Rogers wants to stay here. I guess I'll be changing the chanel to the the Big 12 Championship often.

3) Colt McCoy (QB - Texas) - The thought of drafting another QB on a roster without scoring weapons makes me nervous but I think this is a guy who CAN move the chains whatever way he has to.

4) Case Keenum (QB - Houston) - Longshot that wouldn't thrill me to be a #1 overall but this might be the quietest steller season anyone has ever had. If his caliber of competition is a concern, that also applies to the caliber of blockers and scoring weapons he has to work with so don't let that fool us. No need to tell me we're not taking him - I just don't think he's all dink like the Houston QBs of the past.

I'm not sure there's any defensive guys in the Bama-Florida game who warrant #1 overall consideration; BUT there's bound to be some guys we COULD see on our doorstep at the top of round 2 at the #33 overall pick.

Now for 1 that is not playing today:

1) Eric Berry (Safety - UT) - He is only a junior so there's a chance he won't come out. I think over the years we've seen the value of players like Ed Reed, Polly and Bob Sanders. If not, try to remember a game plan where Eric Turner shut out Ben Coates of NE in a post season game in the BB era. Pretty fond memory folks!

- Tom F.

Damn you Flugel! I woke up today a little foggy from last nights Cavs game with some of the sic fella's on here. Facing getting prepared for tomorrow's blow-out tailgate party and considering blowing off the early college football games ... then this post comes along and now I have more of an itch to watch all the games than do my tailgate chores!

Good stuff, Thanks!

We are going to be a few years away from having the chance to have a solid team. I wouldnt mind trading down a bit since we will have one of the top two picks to save some $$$. If we could land the likes of Berry from trading down it would be worth it. We need to cut ties with anderson and move forward with Quinn and draft a backup plan such as LeFevour as long as he is a later pick. I feel there is some promising rbs in the fa market such as Sproles or Caddy Williams. We really have so many gaps on this team that it cant be done in a year!! RB, RT, LB, CB, S.

Trade Down? 1 - 15 and you see us having a priority to position ourselves in the LOWER ROUNDS which GREATLY DECREASE the possibility of finding impact players? Sorry Dude but you need to smoke less weed.

Our talent level without debate is the worst in the NFL. There is not one single player on this team who if lost would impact the Browns one way or another. Not one. that Phil Savage you guys were all worshipping sure left us off well, didn't he?

Cribbs and Joe Thomas are the only players who other teams would find desirable and be willing to give up something positive to get.. The rest of the 1- 15 level players can be equalled easily and probably bettered with simple FA and walk on try out players. In fact those types of guys have more desire than the shit we have.

The only way the Browns will improve is to obtain MORE high round picks and some quality FAs. There is no future with the shit bag we have now.

I don't think any of you are so naieve to not realize that Joe Thomas will be gone in 2010. A total waste of money that added NOTHING to our offense. Still, some idiots will give up a lot for him.

Trade down? Our #1 plus Joe Thomas in exchange for a decent #1 and #2? You betcha. Same deal with Cribbs. Maybe take the high #2 we get from unloading Thomas, add that to Cribbs and turn it into a second 1st round pick.

The Browns need to purge all these high dollar lard asses and start from scatch with 2 1st round pics, a high second round and then acquire 3-4 high profile FAs when the market opens up in teh off season.

IF the Browns sell the ranch to get 3 -4 high round draft picks and 4 proven FAs, then replace all the shit we have now with aspiring players, we can move the team ahead light years, even to an 8 - 8 franchise in 2010.

Thomas, Cribbs and even fatass Shaun Dinner-Bell need to go. I can't see Quinn drawing anything more than flies.

QB, RB, WR, DB, DE then MLB. that is where the effort needs to be. At least 40 Browns players need to be fired after the season Finale.

Suh would play end in a 3-4. He's not a nose tackle.

Also, I don't think Colt McCoy's an early 1st round pick. Though someone like Dan Snyder could reach for him, he hasn't been consistent enough this year to warrant an early 1st round grade.

Ball security's been an issue for him this year, and he hasn't shown much development when it comes to working through his progressions. When Jordan Shipley got shut down in the Oklahoma game, McCoy looked clueless.

I like his intangibles, but he's the type of guy who'll only succeed if he gets to sit for a year or two while building up his physique and adjusting to an NFL offense. Even then, he's probably not a fit for every NFL offense.

Minnesota late in the 1st might make sense, but I think he slides to the 2nd round.

- Tom F.

Tom - I also seem to remember that Pepper Johnson had a lot of the coverage on Coates that game.

so the last time we had a truly capable safety is also the same last time we had a linebacker capable of sticking with a premier tight end.

Stop it now.

Dang, I'll have to pay a visit to a friend that still has all those games on VCR tapes.......

I don't think any of you are so naieve to not realize that Joe Thomas will be gone in 2010. A total waste of money that added NOTHING to our offense. Still, some idiots will give up a lot for him.

Trade down? Our #1 plus Joe Thomas in exchange for a decent #1 and #2? You betcha. Same deal with Cribbs. Maybe take the high #2 we get from unloading Thomas, add that to Cribbs and turn it into a second 1st round pick.

I don't think you are serious but need to make sure. You are going to trade our two best players and get a worst first round pick plus an additional second round pick. These are proven players being replaced by potential players.

I don't think thomas will leave, we can always franchise him if necessary.

LOL, you got to be 12 years old. Good stuff, please keep posting, you are making me laugh.

I don't know about you guys, but after watching that Cinci/Pitt game, I gotta say that Im getting high on Tony Pike. They were down 31-17 at half and came back and won it with 45-44! You could just tell on that last drive by Pike that he was gonna get a score. His comeback was almost (dare I say) Manning-esque. If there's one thing I love about this kid, its that he can close out games. Now Im not saying we should take him with our high 1st rounder. But If he's available around the 25-30 range, I'd say we should trade up for him cuz I don't think he will make it out of the first round.

Also a heads up to Marty Gilyard, he was almost uncoverable today

You beat me to it DawkTracker. Listen to everyone who wants to trade our prime talent away DONT DO IT. There is always a chance we can resign Thomas in the offseason and as for Cribbs i got two words PAY HIM!! The in 07 when we had a great year Cribbs played a huge factor in providing great field position for us. And if you paid attention Art Modell i didnt say trade out of the first round but to drop a few spots to gain what should be a extra 2nd rounder. I agree we need to hire a real Football guy to run the browns but its hard to draw one to cleveland. I would love to have Shanahan as our now GM/Coach. I dont see Mangini sticking around another year. He is one and done

I don't know about you guys, but after watching that Cinci/Pitt game, I gotta say that Im getting high on Tony Pike. They were down 31-17 at half and came back and won it with 45-44! You could just tell on that last drive by Pike that he was gonna get a score. His comeback was almost (dare I say) Manning-esque. If there's one thing I love about this kid, its that he can close out games. Now Im not saying we should take him with our high 1st rounder. But If he's available around the 25-30 range, I'd say we should trade up for him cuz I don't think he will make it out of the first round.

Also a heads up to Marty Gilyard, he was almost uncoverable today

God no, don't make the mistake of trading up into the late first round to get a QB! We can't afford to sacrifice any first day picks with a roster that Savage left so criminally bare. Trading up into the first round . . . just those few slots . . . probably costs us at least next year's second rounder. In addition to this year's. Instead of trading up for Quinn, Savage could have taken Kolb with the second rounder we traded for Quinn in 2007. With the next year's first round pick we gave up for Quinn, Dallas took Felix Jones and the next two picks were Mendenhall and Chris Brown. We could have filled one hole or possibly two with those picks. The Browns cannot afford to make that mistake again. Hell, I'd rather blow a top pick on a QB than invest two first day picks in one. Especially when our second rounders will be like the 32-35th pick and a guy like Brandon Spikes might still be on the board.

Suh in the first, Spikes in the second. Build it and they will come.

God no, don't make the mistake of trading up into the late first round to get a QB! We can't afford to sacrifice any first day picks with a roster that Savage left so criminally bare. Trading up into the first round . . . just those few slots . . . probably costs us at least next year's second rounder. In addition to this year's. Instead of trading up for Quinn, Savage could have taken Kolb with the second rounder we traded for Quinn in 2007. With the next year's first round pick we gave up for Quinn, Dallas took Felix Jones and the next two picks were Mendenhall and Chris Brown. We could have filled one hole or possibly two with those picks. The Browns cannot afford to make that mistake again. Hell, I'd rather blow a top pick on a QB than invest two first day picks in one. Especially when our second rounders will be like the 32-35th pick and a guy like Brandon Spikes might still be on the board.

Suh in the first, Spikes in the second. Build it and they will come.

I forgot to point out that when I said trade up, I didn't mean with one of our picks. I was thinking maybe trade a player of ours that has some value (BQ, Harrison, DQ, etc..) If we could pull that off without giving up a future pick, I think that would be ideal

Guest berniesipe
I forgot to point out that when I said trade up, I didn't mean with one of our picks. I was thinking maybe trade a player of ours that has some value (BQ, Harrison, DQ, etc..) If we could pull that off without giving up a future pick, I think that would be ideal

Sorry, you have no player like that <_<

If I were any of these top ranked college players I would get intentionally hurt and F up hard in the combine in hopes that the Browns would pass on me and I could land on a real team.

And do you remember when everyone was telling Carson Palmer to run away and hold out from the Bengals.

After watching all of these guys under pressure Suh is looking good he destroyed the Texas o-line.

McCoy either he had a concussion or he regressed back a couple of years with his play. If it wasnt for his receivers he would not of done anything out there tonight. I would keep an eye on Malcolm Williams (sophmore)

Spiller he looks like he can step in and be an everydown back.

If I were any of these top ranked college players I would get intentionally hurt and F up hard in the combine in hopes that the Browns would pass on me and I could land on a real team.

Well, you aren't. You lack the physical ability and obviously the brain power to ever be too much of anything.

Archived