THE BROWNS BOARD

DT Ndamukong Suh, Nebraska

DAWGPOUND16

Suh is widely considered the best player in the draft and the Browns need help all over.

Suh Moves like a 300 pound linebacker and could be the first overall pick. He will likely be one of the top five DTs in the NFL within three years. Suh even has an outside chance to win the Heisman Trophy.

http://www.nfldraftdog.com/Mock-Drafts/201...mock-draft.html

Typically I don't care about draft prospects but I watched this kid yesterday because of all of the hype. I saw a kid who gets off his blocks in a nano second and we definately need that. Trouble is, we need a LB who can do that. DL isn't our biggest need however, there are some teams out there that should be willing to take the #1 pick off our hands and I will be interested to see the bidding war that goes on during draft day. I want to see us trade out of that spot, pick up Berry and a few extra picks. But back to your point, Suh should make some team very happy next year, I just don't think it'll be us.

Suh...Berry ..or CJ SPILLER

if they can trade down ( a few slots ) and grab another 2nd round pick and get Berry then they can pick th best RB left at the top of round 2

they need impact players everywhere obviously...so trading down is the camp i will be in again ..its all what we do with the extra picks!

i really think Spiller does the most for this team..and fast...literally

Browns need a QB.

hell to the no...

There are way too many studs in this class to be gambling on a QB. After watching the Nebraska vs UT game last night I'm convinced that Suh is our guy. He was a freaking monster...all over the field. He was pretty much the main person who slowed down a very potent Texas offense. Suh knocked, in my opinion, the best collegiate QB this year out of his rhythm. He is a defensive monster and this team needs him.

Draft Suh!

Suh...Berry ..or CJ SPILLER

if they can trade down ( a few slots ) and grab another 2nd round pick and get Berry then they can pick th best RB left at the top of round 2

they need impact players everywhere obviously...so trading down is the camp i will be in again ..its all what we do with the extra picks!

i really think Spiller does the most for this team..and fast...literally

Beginning of the year I thought we could get Berry and Spiller, but after yeasterday Spiller will be a top 10 pick. I think I have a man crush with Spiller.:)

Browns should take Spiller no matter where we are in the draft, unless we have the first pick, we take Suh, but anywhere else take CJ

King Kong Suh is a freak of nature. He's quite possibly the most athletic player in the history of professional football....and he hasn't even played a down professionally.

There's just something about a guy that size with speed like that. He would look amazing in brown.

Browns need a QB.

The Browns need a defense, in case you didn't notice. Suh has DE size, and can move like a linebacker.

Spiller? Maybe, but lets do this right- get the o and d lines fixed. Wright will look much better when the Browns can actually generate a legit pass rush. Poteat won't however- worst looking Browns safety since Percy Elsworthless. So I guess you can make a case for Berry, With Poole on track to concuss himself out of the league.

Quarterback is well down on the need list. The Steelers drafted Roethlisberger last.

Courtney Brown from Penn State was considered a stud. He turned into a bust in the NFL. Never know.

He was constantly hurt. It had nothing to do with his ability (of which he had amazing amounts). Courtney Brown's failure as a pro was one freak accident after another, as he had all the tools to be a game changer and he showed it whenever he was healthy.

He was constantly hurt. It had nothing to do with his ability (of which he had amazing amounts). Courtney Brown's failure as a pro was one freak accident after another, as he had all the tools to be a game changer and he showed it whenever he was healthy.

He never impressed me. Hurt way to easily. Him and "Big Money" were a waste of draft pics, IMO.

Dude was incredible in the Big XII Championship. He's a monster. Best DLman I've seen in college probably since Warren Sapp or Russell Maryland. Has great size for the 3-4 and probably would be a DE.

He lit up my Horns pretty good.

I'm with you Mr. Campbell. Appears to be an outstanding citizen too. That should never be taken for granted.

What do you hear Re: Randy Edsall? Some rumors swirling around but nothing like last year or the year before.

D-line is not the highest priority on the team but Suh is probably the best player in the draft, so if he's there when we pick we have to take him. I think CB is a desperate top priority though, our D-line with Rogers and Smith getting up in age, makes it justifiable to take Suh if hes available. If hes not available then we should trade down and get CB Haden outta florida and pick up extra 2nd rounder. I know everybody loves Berry to but I think a lock down corner is much more valuable on this team right now than a safety. Then we still have the extra 2nd rounder were we could still get a Safety for better value. Fill 2 holes on D instead of one and were still getting a future Pro-Bowl CB

here's my wish: i love eric berry and think he is the next ed reed. if he comes out for the draft i would rather have him over suh. sorry, i just like the idea of a stud safety ready to knock someone's head off. look at how the steeler's are affecting by not having troy. they are an average defense without him. however i WISH that berry stays for his senior year and we take suh. we will most likely have a top ten pick next year again so we could get berry in the 2011 draft. this is what i would love to see happen and it would put a very strong foundation in our defense for years.

He never impressed me. Hurt way to easily. Him and "Big Money" were a waste of draft pics, IMO.

Lunch money was a terrible pick especially since we had no running game and LT was there, and since Richard Seymour was a more highly rated talent with no character problems.

Even when he was healthy he was not impressive. He had one move. He couldn't bull rush. He really didn't do anything really well. He was soft as shit.

Zombo

Three Words.

BEST

AVAILABLE

PLAYER

We can use an upgrade EVERYWHERE but left tackle and center.

Reaching for anyone, especially a QB, will be a huge mistake.

Amen, Brother. A 1-11 team can't just pick and choose. Like you said, there are maybe 2 positions on this team that are in secure hands. That leaves 20 that are not.

here's my wish: i love eric berry and think he is the next ed reed. if he comes out for the draft i would rather have him over suh. sorry, i just like the idea of a stud safety ready to knock someone's head off. look at how the steeler's are affecting by not having troy. they are an average defense without him. however i WISH that berry stays for his senior year and we take suh. we will most likely have a top ten pick next year again so we could get berry in the 2011 draft. this is what i would love to see happen and it would put a very strong foundation in our defense for years.

You present a reasonable argument. I still would prefer Suh, but if for some reason the Browns don't get the #1 overall, but instead get #2 or #3, Berry would be the right choice for the reason you suggest.

After seeing how weak we are in the middle i dont know if id take suh still. I think berry would go a looooooong way to fixing that

We're weak in the middle because our ILBs stink. Barton? Journeyman. Jackson- over rated. Makes lots of tackles past the LOS. That's with Rodgers playing NT to perfection. The DEs are getting blown off the ball.

I have no objection to Berry if Suh isn't there- but we can't get adequate pressure on the opposing qbs without blitzing a DB or LB- Suh goes a long way to fixing that.

I do like Eric Berry a lot. But at the same time, the Ravens/Steelers can stop the run first and foremost. We cannot. We can benefit from either pick, Suh or Berry, but it would be extremely helpful if Berry decided to stay. Realistically, I don't see it happening, the appeal of big money is too great.

I do like Eric Berry a lot. But at the same time, the Ravens/Steelers can stop the run first and foremost. We cannot. We can benefit from either pick, Suh or Berry, but it would be extremely helpful if Berry decided to stay. Realistically, I don't see it happening, the appeal of big money is too great.

Plus in 2011 they are planning to put a rookie cap in place.

Archived