THE BROWNS BOARD

BQ Looked Very Good!

BrownsFan4Evr

There it is again... Harrison open in the middle. Quinn leading the team down the field. Looks very good... gaining confidence. What a waste this season has been using Anderson

and not using Robiskie or Harrison... wtf is it with Mangini?

Guys, it's only the Chargers. They're only 8th in the league in passing defense, 11th in total defense. Let's not start praising BQ until he passes for 400 yards and 5 TDs against a top-3 team. :rolleyes:

I'm not saying Quinn is the greatest QB in the league, but he definitely showed signs of improvement. With that said, we definitely cannot afford for him to get complacent. He's got to finish the season out strong and make tremendous strides in the offseason. I'm thinking that, with a valid No.1 receiver, Quinn's numbers and confidence should go up. Then again, it could have the Romo effect on him. He could start trying to force the ball to the "playmaker", and his INTs and incompletes will go up. Either way, the jury is still out, but the returns have been positive for the most part so far.

I really want BQ to continue to grow and show improvement even as this terrible season winds down because I would like us, for once, to be set at QB for the upcoming season.

He'll get another test Thursday night. Getting confidence against the Steelers will be a big task for BQ.

If he can somehow pull this one out, it would in one fell swoop give us even more of a conviction that this our future QB and beat our rivals for the first time in ages. I'm looking forward to it.

It's just a shame that Brady had to throw at all when we had 1st down close to the goal line. We ought to be able just to run 3-4 times in a row, if needed. And even without Lewis, wouldn't that have been the better call? I'm biased towards the run, and I don't know the match-ups so well, but I would have thought run, run, run.

Derek Anderson game 2 in 07.

True. For the first half, at least. But then again, we went into that game with 5 wins on the season so far. It's not much, but it's better than going in with 1 win. Man, if only Dawson made that kick. I'd like to see BQ put on that same show DA did, but this time carry it over into the second half.

It's just a shame that Brady had to throw at all when we had 1st down close to the goal line. We ought to be able just to run 3-4 times in a row, if needed. And even without Lewis, wouldn't that have been the better call? I'm biased towards the run, and I don't know the match-ups so well, but I would have thought run, run, run.

Daboll seems to be a fan of the unpredictable playcalling. I think he tries too hard to take people by surprise. There was one instance where we ran up the middle for nine yards and then, on 2nd and 1, we go for a pass and BQ gets sacked. So instead of us having either a first down, or at least a 3rd and short situation, we're stuck at like 3rd and 8, and we don't convert. I get the mentality, but at the same time, when you're in our position, sometimes you just have to go with the higher-percentage plays.

Daboll seems to be a fan of the unpredictable playcalling. I think he tries too hard to take people by surprise. There was one instance where we ran up the middle for nine yards and then, on 2nd and 1, we go for a pass and BQ gets sacked. So instead of us having either a first down, or at least a 3rd and short situation, we're stuck at like 3rd and 8, and we don't convert. I get the mentality, but at the same time, when you're in our position, sometimes you just have to go with the higher-percentage plays.

I don't have the stats, but subjectively Daboll calls way too many running plays on first down.

Quinn has played well enough and is showing rapid improvement in his short time as the starter ,perhaps enough to possibly avoid the browns having to waste a high draft pick on a qb next year..our defense is decimated by both injury and mediocrity and lacks a strong secondary otherwise we could have won that game..

Im sick of watching steinbach get pushed around out there like a 100 lb weakling...

He'll get another test Thursday night. Getting confidence against the Steelers will be a big task for BQ.

If he can somehow pull this one out, it would in one fell swoop give us even more of a conviction that this our future QB and beat our rivals for the first time in ages. I'm looking forward to it.

i agree to some extent about the steelers. i think that we all agree that they aren't the same team without troy in. with this, their defense is in the top 3 in the league. without him they lose 4 straight in which they gave up 4th quarter leads in all games and lost to two of the worst 5 teams in the league who have no playmakers. quinn doing well this week would be great, but the steeler's defense (right now) isn't a great gauge of how good a qb is.

I don't have the stats, but subjectively Daboll calls way too many running plays on first down. hoorta

Absolutely. What happened in the third quarter? It seemed like Mangini ordered Daboll to let Quinn run

a wide open offense the first half, but Daboll forgot over halftime. and lapsed back into predictable crap.

Running on first down so much was stupid.

But I won't complain about Steinbach at all, until we fix the rt position. Whoever it was at RG also gave up

a critical, pitiful pressure on Quinn at an important point of the game...

I've pretty much had it with Daboll. It's like he is an apprentice OC, and will still be the same a few years from now.

And Mangini puts up with him? I don't know...

First of all, I was a huge fan of Derek Anderson. I never liked Quinn but I must say that the guy is improving and is starting to make his case to be the starter in 2010. I'm feeling more and more that maybe the QB position isn't a gap that the team need to fill in the short term, if BQ keeps showing improvements like that. Maybe he's the long term answer, it would be great, something to build around.

Keep up the good work BQ.

I don't have the stats, but subjectively Daboll calls way too many running plays on first down.

I meant unpredictable in the way that he seems to go for more passes on 3rd and short, and runs on 3rd and long. Some people call it stupid, I just call it unpredictable. On first downs though, it's almost a fact that we run. And when were in the Flash package, it's almost a certainty that Cribbs takes it off-tackle to the left, with a pulling guard or two leading the way.

Archived