THE BROWNS BOARD

Robiskie

DAWGPOUND16

no one (except you and other "BQ is the messiah"ites) cares that they didn't get equal chances.

remember DA's pro bowl? Do you sit a pro bowler to give "equal chance" to his back up?

no.

stop counting snaps and focus on where we are NOW.

Seems remarkable to me that you would even mention DA's pro bowl (back-up) appearance. He was horrible and cost his team the game. :rolleyes:

Look here you stupid ass fuk. When did I say Anderson was better? Go find a friend (if you have one) and have him read you my posts. Anderson is horrible. Quinn is not much better. If you really think Quinn is great you have issues. I wanted Quinn to do good ever since we got him. No matter what way you spin it its still his 3rd year and he still can't win a game. I just want wins and I don't see how anybody can say a player did great when we lose.

Lol, you don't gotta start getting mad over the internet you clown.

Anderson is horrible, and yes Quinn is that much better than him but overall Quinn isn't even that good but when you compare him to Anderson, he's wayyyyyyyyyyy better.

No matter how you spin it, this is his first year starting, so he's basically like a rookie, he hasn't had a lot of experience. Last year we were going to see what he had but too bad he got injured in a game vs the Texans. Also, he won a game last year vs the Bills.

LMFAO, Quinn did play great, this is a team game not the Cleveland Quinn's, so don't try to blame the loss on him.

He played really well, and the Chargers a great defense, we barely have talent on offense also and he played great. Look at how horrible the defense did and the missed oppritunitys we had.

Lol, you don't gotta start getting mad over the internet you clown.

Anderson is horrible, and yes Quinn is that much better than him but overall Quinn isn't even that good but when you compare him to Anderson, he's wayyyyyyyyyyy better.

No matter how you spin it, this is his first year starting, so he's basically like a rookie, he hasn't had a lot of experience. Last year we were going to see what he had but too bad he got injured in a game vs the Texans. Also, he won a game last year vs the Bills.

LMFAO, Quinn did play great, this is a team game not the Cleveland Quinn's, so don't try to blame the loss on him.

He played really well, and the Chargers a great defense, we barely have talent on offense also and he played great. Look at how horrible the defense did and the missed oppritunitys we had.

I know but my point was Quinn isnt doing nothing great. I was so happy when we drafted him and it all looks like he is not who we thought he was.

I know but my point was Quinn isnt doing nothing great. I was so happy when we drafted him and it all looks like he is not who we thought he was.

He isn't doing great for many reasons, and he isn't doing bad either.

1. No experience, what is this, his 8th career start?

2. Benched for 2 seasons because D.A. had a fluke year

3. No talent around him

4. His confidence, he was benched in week 3, blame Mangini

But, if you have watched him these past 3 weeks, he is maturing and is beggining to build confidence (7 TDS - O INTS)

Trust me, next year will be his breakout season. If it isn't, then we can officially say he is a bust.

First of all Mangini DID mishandle the QB situation this season... confidence is a key to any QB's ability as is having a good number of reps and the knowledge that your coach has your back and that he'll show confidence in you to build confidence.

It seems like some have short memories. Let me recap:

Mangini preached that during the QB "competition" (which he let go on far too long in the first place, really making both of these guys wait until nearly the first game to know who had won the job and the confidence of their coach) that once he made his decision he'd give that QB the time and confidence they needed to do a good job.

Quinn "won" the competition. The support and confidence of the coach however lasted two and a half games. Well clearly Anderson wasn't up to the task even though for quite a few weeks Mangini was determined to show confidence in him that he had promised to Quinn when Anderson had clearly warranted none... because at that point he had to "do the right thing" and show the confidence he never provided to Quinn.

Well eventually Anderson sucked so bad that, now past any hope of Quinn achieving the contract escalators (which Mangini claims he neither knew nor knows anything about) he put Quinn back in after spending half the season on the bench.

Quinn, as we've seen now, thanks to numerous reps, is beginning to get in a rhythm and may be beginning to play with just a little bit of confidence.

So what's a coach to do now - pulll Quinn for Robiskie? Erode whatever confidence Quinn has now amazingly built up in the last week?

Nope - you continue to start Quinn but give Robiskie a good chunk of time in the 2nd half if you can, especially if you're already getting blown out.... enough so you can see what he's got but not so much you get in the way of Quinn's potential re-emergence as an average QB in the League both in terms of his reps and confidence.

Handle things wrong and you could undermine Quinn's confidence again. I guess we'll see if Mangini can figure out how not to mishandle a QB situation once again.

Archived