THE BROWNS BOARD

Changes

WPB Dawg Fan

WPB: where did you get those scouting reports? they're great. could you post the ones for mays and tyson jackson of LSU (or direct me tho where i can find them)? jackson's a second-round type guy that could be a 3-4 DE for many years to come. at 6-4 and 295, he's got the build for it as well as the athleticism.

Here you go!

Player Evals

after doing some reading, i think patrick chung would be a good safety pick, too, but he's more a "high second round" type guy than a top-10 pick like mays. while william moore's initial impact might be higher, i think mays has a higher ceiling. his speed and that no one has really seen how good he can be are what do it for me.

tyson jackson is a 3-4 end playing in a 4-3. he can get away with it in college, but he'll need to be a 3-4 end in the pros. either that or he'll have to convert to DT. i think he'll be a good 3-4 player, a guy in the mold of richard seymour but less polished at this point.

george selvie's scouting report makes him sound like an absolute monster, the kind of pass-rushing threat we desperately need. i'm torn about drafting pass rushers. they wash out more often than not, but 3-4 prospects tend to be a bit more of a sure thing than do pure defensive ends. the speed/strength combo seems easier to identify. 3-4 rushers don't seem to be able to get by on pure speed like 4-3 guys do.

we need a good draft this year. this team is getting old far too quickly.

I like what I read on Chung as well (and he is the same size as Palamalu)....so what about a draft with Rey Maualagu and Chung? That would make the middle of our defense pretty stout!!!

DT S.Rogers

ILB R.Maualagu

ILB D.Jackson

SS Chung

FS Pool

It would be hard to do anything against the middle of that defense.

I like what I read on Chung as well (and he is the same size as Palamalu)....so what about a draft with Rey Maualagu and Chung? That would make the middle of our defense pretty stout!!!

DT S.Rogers

ILB R.Maualagu

ILB D.Jackson

SS Chung

FS Pool

It would be hard to do anything against the middle of that defense.

HALLELLUYAH!!!

i don't disagree at all. i would just like to see us keep jones and possibly move him to FS. he'll be better once he's actually healthy. guys don't just forget how to play.

pool's concussion history worries me. not just for the team, but for his long-term ability to think.

WPB.....like I said....he lines up against the LT and would get mauled by the RT. :(

Either way....I still don't think he is very good......but I will give him a pass. As long as he plays for Romeo, who knows what these guys get in practice?

Wimbly is a wimp....the weak link to a weak unit.

I disagree but he sure hasn't played up to his potential. The weak link has always been ILB/MLB on this team. have always needed a urlacher,derrick brooks,like presence in the middle...Robert L. Jackson is the last stud MLB we've had and he got hurt after 3 seasons.

Archived