THE BROWNS BOARD

Survey Monday, Day of Infamy

The Gipper

Here is this weeks survey for Pearl Harbor Day:

1. Being Browns fans, we believe the best helmet logo is no logo. Nevertheless, that being said, which other team's helmet logo do you think is the best?

2. Who do you think should win the Heisman Trophy this year?

3. Do you think either of the 12-0 teams, New Orleans or Indy, will finish undefeated.

4. It has been revealed that Tiger Woods has had 4-5-6 mistresses. The question is: Do you think mankind is inherently monogamous, or not?

5. In tribute to the events of 68 years ago, what is the most stirring patriotic place you have ever visited?

1. Being Browns fans, we believe the best helmet logo is no logo. Nevertheless, that being said, which other team's helmet logo do you think is the best?

Raiders

Don't know

3. Do you think either of the 12-0 teams, New Orleans or Indy, will finish undefeated.

Neither.

4. It has been revealed that Tiger Woods has had 4-5-6 mistresses. The question is: Do you think mankind is inherently monogamous, or not?

Don't think so.

5. In tribute to the events of 68 years ago, what is the most stirring patriotic place you have ever visited?

Iwo Jima

Penn St.

Gerhart.

Both will.

No. It is more societal. But I'm cool with monogamy (and, no, my girlfriend doesn't read the board.)

Pearl Harbor

As usual, I will answer my own survey:

In coming up with this questions, I gave some thought to it and what I came up with is that I like simplicity best. I don't like busy body logos. Thus here is my top 5: A. Saints, Fleur de lis, simple, classic B. Cowboys Star. Don't like the team, but again the simple beauty of a star is classic C. Colts Horseshoe D. Chargers electric bolts E. Rams horns (this was by the way the original helmet logo, and I believe it may have actually started when the Rams were here in Cleveland)

If you go by what the award is: The best player in college football for the preceding year, I think the Ndamakong Suh should win. Given that a defensive player will never win, then perhaps Mark Ingram is worthy

I think the Colts are teetering. New Orleans had their trap game yesterday. They have more urgency to stay ahead of the competition. Thus I think the Saints are more likely to run the table.

Honestly, I don't. Not inherently. It has been ingrained in us however by expected social mores. It may be inherent to womankind more than mankind. Consider that in Old Testament Biblical times, it was normal that a man have numerous wives. God did not smite Abraham, Isaac and Jacob etc. for having more than one wife. Even in this country there are gaggles of Mormons that have numerous wives.

In this day and age it probably makes more financial sense to have no spouses than multiple spouses.

I have probably been to literally every major patriotic site in the country, including the Arizona memorial, Gettysburg, Mt. Rushmore, Yorktown, Liberty Bel, etc. but by far the most stirring was Fort McHenry in Baltimore. When you visit there, they marshal you into this longish room which on the far side has a long curtain. Then they show about a half hour video surrounding the events of the Revolutionary War and the subsequent War of 1812. It culminates in the battle of Baltimore, and with Francis Scott Key sitting in the boat watching the attack on Fort McHenry throughout the night and the dramatically depict the survival of that fort from the massive bombardment that it undertook. Finally, at the very dramatic end of the video they begin to play the Star Spangle Banner, and this curtain on the one side of the room opens up to display outside on the grounds of Fort McHenry this massive American Flag fluttering in the wind. You couldn't keep a dry eye if you are an American

Chargers. For whatever reason I thought the lightning bolt was cool ever since I was 5 years old.

Suh should win it, but I believe in the end Colt Mccoy (spelling?) will win it.

Saints due to an easier schedule

In an ideal world, yes. It depends on the person I suppose. I'd like to think that once I made a commitment to someone I would keep it.

Washington DC on my 8th grade class trip is the obvious choice, but I'll go with the World Trade Center towers. Although I didn't realize it at the time, I was at the place of one of America's greatest disasters not even a full year before the planes struck the towers. It is chilling to think about what I saw. I stood at the glass window and looked straight down at the streets of New York. I can't even begin to think that people actually jumped from that height....God Bless America

Penn St.

I was thinking in terms of NFL team helmets Zombo

Gerhart.

Both will.

No. It is more societal. But I'm cool with monogamy (and, no, my girlfriend doesn't read the board.)

Pearl Harbor

Washington DC on my 8th grade class trip is the obvious choice, but I'll go with the World Trade Center towers. Although I didn't realize it at the time, I was at the place of one of America's greatest disasters not even a full year before the planes struck the towers. It is chilling to think about what I saw. I stood at the glass window and looked straight down at the streets of New York. I can't even begin to think that people actually jumped from that height....God Bless America

I was up to the top of one of those towers a few years earlier. Then I was at that site only 9 days after the event happened. It will be interesting to see what it will be like once the memorial there is finished.

Is that Iwo Jima itself in the Pacific, or the Iwo Jima Memorial in Virginia which overlooks DC?

(By the way, I have seen the original prototype of that statue which is in southern Texas near Brownsville)

Iwo Jima itself. I was stationed at VFA-192 which is an FA-18 Squadron out of Atsugi, Japan. We deployed (at the time) on the USS Midway then the USS Independence. I was on a shore detachment on Iwo Jima for a couple of weeks while our pilots did landings and takeoffs. It is run by the Japanese Navy as we gave back the island years ago. It can be very scary at night, standing there looking out and thinking of all the people who died there.

Iwo Jima itself. I was stationed at VFA-192 which is an FA-18 Squadron out of Atsugi, Japan. We deployed (at the time) on the USS Midway then the USS Independence. I was on a shore detachment on Iwo Jima for a couple of weeks while our pilots did landings and takeoffs. It is run by the Japanese Navy as we gave back the island years ago. It can be very scary at night, standing there looking out and thinking of all the people who died there.

Did you climb to the top of Mt. Suribachi? Is there anything up there to memorialize the famous photo?

there are a lot of crappy ones out there, and you have to deal with throw backs too.... i'd have to go old school.....i dunno... vikings? i cop out of this one.

2. Who do you think should win the Heisman Trophy this year? Suh

3. Do you think either of the 12-0 teams, New Orleans or Indy, will finish undefeated. they shouldn't, but they might. (thanks Washington) this S*** is rigged sometimes

i think we are NOT monogamous by nature, but i didn't need Tiger to tell me that.

either Gettysburg (several times) or Arlington national cemetary. Probably Arlington.

NY Giants

ingram

indy

it is coded in our genes to plant our seed in as many female as we are able.....

The bomb bay of a B-52 bomber

The Gipper's Top Ten most Patriotic Places in America. (that I have visited, and I have visited most well known places):

1. Fort McHenry, Baltimore Maryland

2. The Arizona Memorial/USS Missouri, Pearl Harbor, Hawaii

3. All Washington DC monuments and memorial including Lincoln Memorial, Jefferson Memorial, Washington Monument, WWII Memorial, Vietnam Memorial, Korean War Memorial, Arlington Cemetery, Iwo Jima Memorial, White House, Capitol, FDR Memorial, etc. etc. etc.

4. The Battle Road, from Lexington to Concord to Boston

5. Mount Rushmore, South Dakota

6. The Statue of Liberty New York City

7. The Liberty Bell/Independence Hall Philadelphia

8. The Alamo San Antonio Texas

9. Yorktown/Jamestown Virginia

10. Perry Victory and Peace Memorial, Put In Bay, Ohio

*I did not include 9/11 Ground Zero as that monument is not yet completed. It could certainly ultimately make the list.

** I didn't include any of the Civil War Battle sites. I have been to many and numerous, and though they are all interesting and moving, they all seem to be very similar in their presentation such that I could not put any one above the others.

Yes. Here is a good picture I found on the internet.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Mt_...al_Iwo_Jima.jpg

The Texas Iwo Jima Memorial:

Harlingen, Texas - Iwo Jima War Memorial

At the base of the statue, Harlon Block is buried. Harlon Block was one of the original flag raisers on that fateful day. South Texas is Harlon's birth home

TXHARiwojima_craig.jpg

I was always a big fan of the old Patriots logo, but now it's the Saints

CJ Spiller

No

No

Gettysburg & USS North Carolina, and Mount Rushmore!!!!!

Chargers

Colt McCoy

Yes, Colts.

I don't care to be honest.

None.

As much as I don't like them the Bungles helmets are pretty sweet.

Suh

Saints no, Indy no.

Inherently no.

Lee Greenwood's piano bench.

Either the Falcons, Eagles, or Buccaneers.

Colt McCoy.

They both will.

I dont understand the question :P

Either the Alamo, Kent State University, or Ground Zero.

ITS MY BIRTHDAY TODAY!

I was thinking in terms of NFL team helmets Zombo

The the only three football teams I have rooted for, college and pro, are the Browns, Penn St. and Notre Dame. Completely logoless. Not a logo in the bunch. So this is a tough question for me.

I can tell you what helmets I liked as kid, watching NFL fillms: Lions, Dolphins, and Cardinals. The Chiefs are pretty cool. As are the Raiders and the Saints. So I'm not sure ... but I can tell you the worst helmet of all time:

the Bengals, when they took a plain orange helmet and had stickers spelling :"B-e-n-g-a-l-s" on the side. Oooooh that was brilliant.

slideshow_1202826_bengals.jpg

Second worst helmet ever is the Bengals present-day helmet with the stupid stripes.

Followed closely by the third worst helmet ever, the Steelers with the dumb-looking US steel corporate logo on one side and nothing on the other. For chrissakes, commit to a logo or not. And the colors in the logo don't even match their uniform colors (which for the record are black and yellow, not gold. Here's gold:

SaintsHelmet-Logo.jpg

Zombo

Followed closely by the third worst helmet ever, the Steelers with the dumb-looking US steel corporate logo on one side and nothing on the other. For chrissakes, commit to a logo or not. And the colors in th elogo don't even match their uniform colors (which for the record are black and yellow, not gold. Here's gold:

Zombo

that was done for a reason other than just to piss you off. it's because steel is only stamped on one side. i think the logo on one side is kind of cool because it has a meaning. it's just not random.

that was done for a reason other than just to piss you off. it's because steel is only stamped on one side. i think the logo on one side is kind of cool because it has a meaning. it's just not random.

Steeler Fag.

Zombo

The bomb bay of a B-52 bomber

Now, that is very interesting. Reminds me of Slim Pickens playing ride em Cowboy in Dr. Strangelove.

classic

Falcons

Ingram

No

No.

Az monument

1. Da Bears. Simple. Understated. Good colors.

2. I have no opinion.

3. No. But I'm rooting for New Orleans.

4. Doesn't matter. He made a commitment to his wife. I am really disturbed by people who brush aside his behavior as if it were nothing because we've 'gotten used to' infidelity. Shame on him.

5. All of Washington DC.

Jets

\Suh.

Nope.

LOL.

No way.

Monogamy has been forced on us by Dr. Moreau.

Are we not men?

Philly. (not new philly)

WSS

Archived