THE BROWNS BOARD

this is imperative...

GoBrownies10

It is imperative for our future success that we land either Suh or Berry in the draft.

As we know, we don't really have any gamechangers on our lineup right now. However, Suh and Berry are just that. We need help in the secondary and on the defensive line. I don't care which one we get, but we must get one of them. Both will be regular pro-bowlers.

It would be a huge mistake for the browns to select a QB if one of these players is still on the board. There is absolutely no way that the Browns should draft Clausen number 1 overall. Quinn is looking better, yes. But even more so, we cannot afford to miss out on Berry or Suh. That would set our team back for years to come.

Now, a look at how the top of the draft could play out. Cleveland, Tampa Bay, and St. Louis are all 1-11 right now. Also, Detroit is 2-10. Out of these teams, Cleveland has the easiest remaining schedule. I trully believe that the Browns could win 2 of their last 4 and finish 3-13. I do not think the Browns will end up with the first pick in the draft. I think they will end up 3-13, in front of Tampa, St. Louis, and maybe the Lions. That would put us picking around 3rd. This is a great place to be. St. Louis will most likely draft a QB, while Tampa would probably take Suh. This means at 3rd we could draft Berry.

This would be the ideal finish for the season in my mind. Win a few games, boost the morale a little bit, but still be in position to draft Suh or Berry.

Ya I dont see the Browns drafting a QB first round. I think Quinn will show improvement in these last few games and they will stick w/ him and focus on D with that first pick. Winning might 2 might be iffy. I really hope that the Jaguars are in a position to make the playoffs as the last wild card if they beat us in week 17 and that we can upset them. that would be great like we did to the bengals a few years back. But they play the Dolphins, Colts, and Patriots so I doubt the scenario will come up. Raiders are getting interesting after the QB change so that will be tough. I really want Berry or Suh either works for me.

I agree, we don’t need to draft a QB. It is likely that the Browns will be picking #1, #2, or #3 as there are three teams still 1 with only 1 win ( St. Louis , Cleveland , & Tampa Bay .)

Quinn, I think, will show enough to earn the right to be our starter going into next training camp and the season.

Our defense does need help, although it has kept us in the game many times where if the offense had scored one, maybe two TD’s we could have won (Baltimore, Cincinatti, Denver, and Minnesota were all games we could have won if our offense had showed up.)

I’d much rather trade down and pick up a RT or RB (or take them at #1 through #3 if they are worth that spot) than take Suh or Berry . I’d be ok with Berry , but not at #1 through #3. You don’t take a safety that high, no matter how good he is. We also have Rogers (although we don’t know how he’s going to come back) and Rubin seems to be doing well. Although I suppose Suh could play end in the 3-4.

On the other side, I don’t know anything about any of the OT’s coming out this year, and there are only two RB’s that seem to jump out as top of round 1 possibility. Spiller and Ingram. We’ve already got Davis, half of that Clemson combo that sucked in 2008. We still don’t really know what we have in Jennings , Harrison, or Davis . So if we draft a RB, I say we draft Ingram.

If we go D, I want a shut-down cover corner. Not a safety.

I don’t agree that Berry is best available that early simply because of the position he plays. A safety should never be a top 10 pick. Period. You can’t spend that kind of money on a safety. The position is not important enough to spend that kind of money. If you could get Berry at 11 through 32, then I’m all for it. But not at #1 through #3, where we will likely pick.

Archived