THE BROWNS BOARD

If Quinn beats Pittsburgh....................

medicineman

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Actually that is very funny when you consider that Tampa Bay had the first pick in the supplemental draft that same year (1984') that Reggie White was selected fourth by Philly and Tampa Bay selected Steve Young instead who was traded two years later to San Fran and made some history and legend of his own.

I remember thinking Young was going to be a bust in the NFL

Surely he won't be able to run all over NFL defenses they way he did in college and USFL

"What's that? I couldn't hear you...my Superbowl rings clanging against my MVP trophy is making too much noise" :huh:

Actually, this was a discussion about what everyone thinks if Quinn beats Pittsburgh ... I stated that I'd get off his back if he'd win, because that is my opinion. YOU made statements about me being a Quinn bandwagoner and predictions of me stating I'd like Quinn all along. You even made reference to "My Boy DA" ....

Dude, you shaped the freaking thread to be about me. That's the drama ... you can say whatever you want about any shit that flew afterwards, but you started the drama. YOU were the asshole and we were just asshole enough to play your game.

People were doing the same thing to me on here yesterday. Most of wich got erased (and they should have) But all I said was Quinn is not a very good qb and I was hearing it from all sides calling me a D.A. fan! You can not like quinn and Anderson at the same time.

People were doing the same thing to me on here yesterday. Most of wich got erased (and they should have) But all I said was Quinn is not a very good qb and I was hearing it from all sides calling me a D.A. fan! You can not like quinn and Anderson at the same time.

Why can't you like both at the same time? I do. I just believe Quinn is a better quarterback. I like myself, and I like Shaq at the same time, but I just believe that I am the better NBA center. It's completely possible to like two people at the same time, whether or not they are QB's on the same team. Some people in this forum just need to remove their heads from their own asses, and try to have civilized debates. All this name calling is silly and childish.

Gips, you're a faggot.

Are the Quinn haters still blaming him for our losses? :wacko:

"Damn Quinn, he should have been able to cover Gates down field!!! Damnit Brady! Cover the dang fullback out of the backfield will ya!"

The kid is doing pretty good lately and is definitely improving. The ENTIRE team is just not very talented. Hell, a PRACTICE SQUAD player is, and probably always was, our best TE. We've got Bowens who runs a 5 sec. 40 trying to cover backs and Gates.

We lose, not because of Quinn, but we just are not very good. Stop blaming Quinn all by himself. He's reassured "most" of us objective fans that we don't need to draft a QB first...we need to do what we should have done last year; draft some def. difference makers. Suh is THAT guy.

It's not like he's putting up 2 for 17 stats. :)

Oh, but we WON that game huh? :rolleyes:

LOL. Sure, he's 0-7 Skippy, but he has a QB rating 72 and he tries real, real hard.

He's been in the league for three years and what does he have to show for it? How bout 1-9 and a 70.5 rating.

I guess that is what disturbs me most, it's been three years and we can't decide if he's going to "pan out" or if he is a poor man's Bruce Gradkowski.

With Steelers playing rookie corners on a short week on our turf ... this would be a great chance for Quinn to put the team on his shoulders and prove he can be a winner, and not just a cute guy that knows how to complete passes.

Zombo

Gradkowski showed me what he could do on this team....he sucked. Obviously, he is doing well with the Raiders, so that proves to me that the rest of the components were bad....not Gradkowski. The same thing applies with Quinn....notice the improvement in Quinn's game, when the surrounding players are slightly different? It's really not a very complex formula.

"Damn Quinn, he should have been able to cover Gates down field!!! Damnit Brady! Cover the dang fullback out of the backfield will ya!"

The kid is doing pretty good lately and is definitely improving. The ENTIRE team is just not very talented. Hell, a PRACTICE SQUAD player is, and probably always was, our best TE. We've got Bowens who runs a 5 sec. 40 trying to cover backs and Gates.

We lose, not because of Quinn, but we just are not very good. Stop blaming Quinn all by himself. He's reassured "most" of us objective fans that we don't need to draft a QB first...we need to do what we should have done last year; draft some def. difference makers. Suh is THAT guy.

Actually, it's much worst than that. People aren't even blaming Quinn for anything, nor hating him at all.

However, Quinn Nation has moved on from Lums to wrestle with Ghoolie and now are happy as shit with that rascal Rich4eagle .... I guess we know where the drama stemmed from afterall, huh?

By the way, there are some easy ways to find your old posts. You can click "My Assistant" near the top right, just under the orange & Brown bar at top, or you can go to your 'My Controls' and there is a button there to click to view your last ten replies, or you can click on your name over on the left and a menu drops down, with one of the selections leading you to your most recent posts.

I know it is just easiest to blame the moderation for 'pulling your posts' but most times it is a matter of the members 'losing their posts' which gets our staff here falsely accused.

Your gnashing with Brady Nation from yesterday is still fully intact, nothing was moderated-out.

Thank-you for understanding this common myth as reality.

Check-out these pictures that Keith shot from his seats at the game.

#1.) Very good seperation and sit-down in seam.

#2.) Very good pass blocking, and opening of throwing lane.

#3.) Ball throw accurately.

Brady%20Pass.jpg

Brady%20Completion.jpg

#4.) We are gonna kill the Steelers

By the way, there are some easy ways to find your old posts. You can click "My Assistant" near the top right, just under the orange & Brown bar at top, or you can go to your 'My Controls' and there is a button there to click to view your last ten replies, or you can click on your name over on the left and a menu drops down, with one of the selections leading you to your most recent posts.

I know it is just easiest to blame the moderation for 'pulling your posts' but most times it is a matter of the members 'losing their posts' which gets our staff here falsely accused.

Your gnashing with Brady Nation from yesterday is still fully intact, nothing was moderated-out.

Thank-you for understanding this common myth as reality.

No biggie. I just figured that we were acting like 3rd graders and somebody pulled the plug on us.

If Quinn beats Pittsburgh, it won't count for much. I want it to happen, and I really hope it does, but people will just toss the victory out the window anyways. Let's think about it:

1). We're still terrible, and will probably finish in last place, or close to it.

2). People will still be calling for Mangini/Quinn/Lerner/Daboll/everybody but Cribbs' head, no matter the outcome.

3). This Steelers team is terrible this year, they've already lost to Oakland and KC. Why not lose to us and get the triple crown?

4). On top of the fact they are terrible, they are riddled with injuries "for this game".

5). Mike Tomlin has already come out and said he's changing the lineup and it will be drastically different. (Personally, I think it's an excuse, but that's just me)

6). It could cause us to lose the first pick, which means no Ndamukong Suh. Yes, he will be the first pick, and yes, we will take him if we have the chance.

7). I ran out of points, but already typed "7)." So... Merry Christmas.

With all that said, let's beat the shit out of the Steelers. It would make my Christmas.

If Quinn beats Pittsburgh, it won't count for much. I want it to happen, and I really hope it does, but people will just toss the victory out the window anyways. Let's think about it:

1). We're still terrible, and will probably finish in last place, or close to it.

2). People will still be calling for Mangini/Quinn/Lerner/Daboll/everybody but Cribbs' head, no matter the outcome.

3). This Steelers team is terrible this year, they've already lost to Oakland and KC. Why not lose to us and get the triple crown?

4). On top of the fact they are terrible, they are riddled with injuries "for this game".

5). Mike Tomlin has already come out and said he's changing the lineup and it will be drastically different. (Personally, I think it's an excuse, but that's just me)

6). It could cause us to lose the first pick, which means no Ndamukong Suh. Yes, he will be the first pick, and yes, we will take him if we have the chance.

7). I ran out of points, but already typed "7)." So... Merry Christmas.

With all that said, let's beat the shit out of the Steelers. It would make my Christmas.

I know what your saying and your right but I just like to think that this game always means something.

I know what your saying and your right but I just like to think that this game always means something.

It means a hell of a lot. The point I was making is that, while it means the world to us, other people are just going to tear it down. You notice that the Steelers fans on this forum have been unnaturally quiet since they started their monumental losing streak? Even if we win, we won't get acknowledgment from anybody. They'll just say it was the Steelers fielding a team of "injured" vets and rookies. IMO, they're full of shit, and Hines Ward is actually scared of losing to us.

yup....stool fans who know football are a bit worried.....a team with nothing to lose vs. a team on the brink of getting knocked from the playoffs. they're playing poor football right now, and adding a bunch of rookies to the lineup isn't gonna make it better.

it should be a good game either way. i'll be sure to post the number of bridge jumpers if we should happen to win.

WHoa, WHoa, WHoa.....He re-assured fan that we don't need to draft a QB...!!!!..

are you friggin kidding????. How or what did I miss....??/the fact that he score a TD.... and didn't throw any balls backwards for a few games...

Jes*s Chr*st man....this team need to call for that 1st pick to be a QB, and shout it from the highest mountain on draft day.......

If you think that Brady QUinss performance warrented him the starting gig next year and after...youir expectations are piss poor...

shelf this guy, trade him, or whatever they can do with him....He is NOT NFL caliber and proved it very well.

you guy's just kill me......roll eyes with middle finger extended toward screen.

WHoa, WHoa, WHoa.....He re-assured fan that we don't need to draft a QB...!!!!..

are you friggin kidding????. How or what did I miss....??/the fact that he score a TD.... and didn't throw any balls backwards for a few games...

Jes*s Chr*st man....this team need to call for that 1st pick to be a QB, and shout it from the highest mountain on draft day.......

If you think that Brady QUinss performance warrented him the starting gig next year and after...youir expectations are piss poor...

shelf this guy, trade him, or whatever they can do with him....He is NOT NFL caliber and proved it very well.

you guy's just kill me......roll eyes with middle finger extended toward screen.

I'm somewhere between you two ... At this point I wouldn't give up on him or annoint him.

He's 0-7 this season, yes and he started very bad ... horrible.

However, over the past three games he has thrown 7 TD's to 0-INT's and his QB rating in that span is 93.4. Sure one of the games were against the Lions, but one stat that has really impressed me is that we have converted 45-percent of our third downs.

We have four games remaining. Let's give him those four and then evaluate.

It starts tomorrow night against the Steelers and their Zone Blitzes ... which gets us back to the Op's subject at hand.

Seeing Quinn play for the rest of the season will have more impact than playing just the steelers.

Even with a strong finish he's not a lock for next year. It may only boost his trade value to something halfway decent.

Our draft position could play a part of Quinn's future or lack of it in Cle. Most football people thought he had NFL potential and unfortunately its just starting to show with a trickle here and there.

It means a hell of a lot. The point I was making is that, while it means the world to us, other people are just going to tear it down. You notice that the Steelers fans on this forum have been unnaturally quiet since they started their monumental losing streak? Even if we win, we won't get acknowledgment from anybody. They'll just say it was the Steelers fielding a team of "injured" vets and rookies. IMO, they're full of shit, and Hines Ward is actually scared of losing to us.

LOL... A win is a WIN is a WIN. Beat us and I will Give you guys Props for Ending the Embarrassing Skid. Lose this game , The Steelers will be Better on 2010 ... these years dont happen in Pittsburgh back to back. Better Get it done now , makes a win next year for you guys all the more likely. I dont care who is out for us. You play with who you have. Look at LAST Year you guys were decimated by injury. Only a Loser Steeler fans will talk that to you. We dont care who we put out there. They damn well better beat you guys.

I guess you are a bit weak with reading comprehension.... please READ the statement closely. "...we don't need to draft a QB FIRST." Meaning waist our #1 pick on ANOTHER QB in this years draft. YOU see an absolute STAR, possible PRO BOWL QB in this year's draft? Because I sure don't. There is no sure thing with the QB's this year. But there is one very big sure thing, IMO, in this year's draft that we REALLY need.... DEFENSE. Suh is an absolute STUD and so is Berry. You'd pick one of the QB's over them with the possible the #1 pick in the draft?

Thank god you're not our GM with that bright idea. :blink:

I know...I know...we should have drafted this guy huh?

Comp Att % Cmp yds yd/gm TD INT Rat

158 297 24.8 53.2 2049 170.8 6.9 11 17 22 63.7

I guess you are a bit weak with reading comprehension.... please READ the statement closely. "...we don't need to draft a QB FIRST." Meaning waist our #1 pick on ANOTHER QB in this years draft. YOU see an absolute STAR, possible PRO BOWL QB in this year's draft? Because I sure don't. There is no sure thing with the QB's this year. But there is one very big sure thing, IMO, in this year's draft that we REALLY need.... DEFENSE. Suh is an absolute STUD and so is Berry. You'd pick one of the QB's over them with the possible the #1 pick in the draft?

Thank god you're not our GM with that bright idea. :blink:

I know...I know...we should have drafted this guy huh?

Comp Att % Cmp yds yd/gm TD INT Rat

158 297 24.8 53.2 2049 170.8 6.9 11 17 22 63.7

have you seen the Browns offense over the last (2) years..have your heard all the jokes about them scoring about 4 td's in like 60 qrts of football. and you think the Defense needs the work!!!...

YES, YES, YES...I would pick up a QB with the first pick...and trade Quinn for a defensive back....

The D-Line can't throw the ball 40 yards downfield...sorry, you need a QB to do that......and the reason you dodn't see that happen with QUinn yet. is because he can't do it>>>i

Seeing Quinn play for the rest of the season will have more impact than playing just the steelers.

Even with a strong finish he's not a lock for next year. It may only boost his trade value to something halfway decent.

Our draft position could play a part of Quinn's future or lack of it in Cle. Most football people thought he had NFL potential and unfortunately its just starting to show with a trickle here and there.

Again, I have never thought Quinn was any good however, if he plays well the rest of the way out, he's a lock to start next year and far into the future. There would be no reason to go and get a guy when you have a QB at age 24 playing well and moving the offense. Also, we will be paying him very little next year. I think Quinnies and logical fans alike can agree, that is a really good scenario. Although, I wouldn't be surprised to see a QB taken somewhere at the end of day 2. A guy who is all Mangini's that can be groomed to play in this system. Also, if Quinn plays well here on out, you will see DA get dealt in a package to probably Carolina or St. Louis. Good for him. The guy has been treated like the fat sister in this town. He would do well in a warm climate and a running game.

GMP....gotta stand for "Goofy Mental Patient"!!! Quinn is improving play by play and if you are too blind to see that, it's your loss. Remind me to tell you that I told you so when Quinn's the last man standing.....in Cleveland....holding the Lombardi trophy!!! It's just a matter of time. The Brown's WILL win the Super Bowl with Brady Quinn under center BEFORE it's all over. Remeber where you heard it!

have you seen the Browns offense over the last (2) years..have your heard all the jokes about them scoring about 4 td's in like 60 qrts of football. and you think the Defense needs the work!!!...

YES, YES, YES...I would pick up a QB with the first pick...and trade Quinn for a defensive back....

The D-Line can't throw the ball 40 yards downfield...sorry, you need a QB to do that......and the reason you dodn't see that happen with QUinn yet. is because he can't do it>>>i

I would rather see Ratliff starting than draft a QB on day 1. NO MORE 3 YEAR PROJECTS AT QB!!!

GIMME BERRY!!!!!!! Have you noticed how different pitts and Ind have looked without that safety?

Archived