THE BROWNS BOARD

Tomlin: Some Steelers about to lose jobs

calfoxwc

Again -- wrong. You forfeit the right to call out Steeler fans based on the selective banning and cutting of posts this board does. It's not a matter of US taking the heat, chum -- it's YOU. It's your board who gets all pouty and bans and erases posts when things don't go your way. It's YOU who can't take the heat. Then, predictably, when things turn your way, you want to get all up in our grills for not showing up. Hilarious.

I and others have been "disappeared" here simply for the Steelers winning. I used to post here all the time, win or lose, then one day the Steelers won the Bowl and bam -- see ya later, Joe. So I don't owe you squat -- I don't have to show up in case the Brownies do finally pull off the miraculous upset. Because it hasn't been a two-way street. Understand? You can't have it both ways.

And as for Steelers boards, your boy Skippy has bombed one that I know of plenty of times. And he hasn't been banned. Which is why I find the banning that goes on here extra hilarious.

I defy you to prove that anything of yours has been edited or censored.

Let's ask Atenears, he is the owner of the board as I understand it.

Are Steeler trolls BS edited or not? I bet not.

Speaking of gay, where are all the Stooler douche bag trolls now? It's just like their fans to quit on their team when they are losing.

most not quitting Bernie for Prez.... And if a few Are then ...You see the Bandwagon Tire marks on their faces as they were trampled by it when Falling off. Good riddance to them. They are they guys who like to Totally Diss you guys anyway with all the name calling. Old Guard Steeler fans DONT DO THAT. Thats my opinion . because we remember when it wasnt so easy with you guys. I am on the fence about Thursday. Our Team is ripe to lose , but our team is also well Aware we need to Play better. Thats a Dual edged sword as far as the game goes tomorrow. Either Our guys tighten up and have a tough time or Relax and start to play like capable. Though the capability is diminished overall, Browns have a Huge opportunity to at least put a wrinkle in this domination of recent history.

most not quitting Bernie for Prez.... And if a few Are then ...You see the Bandwagon Tire marks on their faces as they were trampled by it when Falling off. Good riddance to them. They are they guys who like to Totally Diss you guys anyway with all the name calling. Old Guard Steeler fans DONT DO THAT. Thats my opinion . because we remember when it wasnt so easy with you guys. I am on the fence about Thursday. Our Team is ripe to lose , but our team is also well Aware we need to Play better. Thats a Dual edged sword as far as the game goes tomorrow. Either Our guys tighten up and have a tough time or Relax and start to play like capable. Though the capability is diminished overall, Browns have a Huge opportunity to at least put a wrinkle in this domination of recent history.

Well, lets face it, the Browns are performing lousy, and it is in all probabaility because they are lousy. It would be an upset of epic proportion for them to win, this game. I mean, perhaps they could be expected to be competitive with the likes of the Lions, Bills, Chiefs, but they have truly not been competitive with any of the halfway competent teams they have faced this year, including the Chargers. So, the Steelers could play a completely lousy game, and still win.

Well, lets face it, the Browns are performing lousy, and it is in all probabaility because they are lousy. It would be an upset of epic proportion for them to win, this game. I mean, perhaps they could be expected to be competitive with the likes of the Lions, Bills, Chiefs, but they have truly not been competitive with any of the halfway competent teams they have faced this year, including the Chargers. So, the Steelers could play a completely lousy game, and still win.

i dont totally agree because look at what you posted ... The Lions gave us a BIG Scare , The Cheifs and Raiders BEAT us. I am concerned that we are just a COMPETITIVE Team... but NOT a Good team. I will be Shocked if this doesn't come down to the wire. IMHO.

i dont totally agree because look at what you posted ... The Lions gave us a BIG Scare , The Cheifs and Raiders BEAT us. I am concerned that we are just a COMPETITIVE Team... but NOT a Good team. I will be Shocked if this doesn't come down to the wire. IMHO.

I can't believe how vital Polly is to your team. I think you win 3 of those losses with him on the field. I think another part of this is your team got too satisfied with last year's results to remember how important it is to stay hungry. That doesn't come at the snap of a finger.

If Polly's healthy and plays tomorrow night - you'll win pretty easy. If he's not in your lineup, the browns have proven they can beat themselves without any help from thewir opponent.

Every time I've tried to get excited for a game this year - reality kicked me right between the lookers like a steel toe on Kung Fu's foot.

- Tom F.

Well, the weather report for Browns fans is: High winds - wind chill in the SINGLE DIGITS.

The weather report for steeler fans is: Warm and sunny, temps reaching into the 90's...

That should put the big chill in steeler fans cheers.

I think Cribbs scores TD's, ben gay bonks his head again during pre game warm ups,

and the steeler defense will try to take out one of Quinn's knees if they are close to winning...

But the Browns should win. It depends, though, on how many crucial first downs they are given by the refs even

though they are a few inches short.... etc... etc....

Dude I can dig out the emails if you want. I wouldn't make something like that up. And please, feel free to ask Skippy -- if he doesn't produce the truth, I will produce the emails. He'll remember though. I basically called him and the forum out for being such wusses. Why do you think I was MIA here for so long?

Also, it is entirely true that your boy has visited a well-known Steelers site to post nothing else but trash, as a troll. Yep troll. He was never banned, no matter how much smack he talked. So pardon me while I savor the irony.

Joe, that's between you and Stan, and I know most, but not all of the story.

As far as Steeler trolls here go, there's a difference between smack talk and shameless gloating. I'll put up with the former, but not most of the latter- especially the grade school "we're great, you suck" variety.

Dude I can dig out the emails if you want. I wouldn't make something like that up. And please, feel free to ask Skippy -- if he doesn't produce the truth, I will produce the emails. He'll remember though. I basically called him and the forum out for being such wusses. Why do you think I was MIA here for so long?

Also, it is entirely true that your boy has visited a well-known Steelers site to post nothing else but trash, as a troll. Yep troll. He was never banned, no matter how much smack he talked. So pardon me while I savor the irony.

Well, if it is true, I am not in favor of that sort of censorship. As an attorney who has studied my share of constititional law, I will quote (paraphrase) a Supreme Court Chief Justice who made this statement in one of the Nazi free speech cases: The antidote to countering an unpopular opinion is not censorship, but more speech. (or perhaps it was George Orwell who said it)

Well, if it is true, I am not in favor of that sort of censorship. As an attorney who has studied my share of constititional law, I will quote (paraphrase) a Supreme Court Chief Justice who made this statement in one of the Nazi free speech cases: The antidote to countering an unpopular opinion is not censorship, but more speech. (or perhaps it was George Orwell who said it)

i know that case........it's the skokie, il case but the name is eluding me......i've taken my fair share of constitutional law as well

Didya catch that Gipper -- he said "subpar." He gets it.

Now, this is more in line with what should be expected. Yes, the Steelers are playing below standards. And yes there was a positive for Cleveland even in a loss last week. So it's not unreasonable for Brownie fans to look for an upset. But that's a bit different than expecting a "blowout" or "butt kicking" as some of the giddier fans here are talking about. If not one single opponent the Steelers have faced this year -- most teams frankly better than Cleveland -- have been able to blow out the Steelers, why all of a sudden should the Brownies be expected to? That's all I'm asking.

Perhaps it is a matter of semantics. I am simply saying that your team, or any team, is as good as it plays this year. For someone to state that a team is subpar implies that they are supposed to be better than their record shows. But I don't buy that. You are as good as your record. If you were better than your record shows, then your record would be better.

Are the Browns better than a 1-11 team? I wish, but they aren't.

Are the Steelers better than a 6-6 team? You wish, but they aren't.

And you can't go saying that you are a better team because you were better last year. Last year is history. Two years ago the Browns were 10-6. Should we say this team has to be better because that team was 10-6?

Can a team play better? Probably. All teams can. Maybe the Browns can wind up 5-11. Not likely though.

Maybe the Steelers will end up 10-6. Not likely though. I suspect when all is said and done, the Browns will probably be about a 2-14 team, and the Steelers an 8-8 team. Just about where they stand now.

Typical Steeler trash-talk. Mendenhall's hurt, Poly-moo-moo's out, Whines Hard at best will be running around on one leg (if he plays at all), and Ben's one good shot away from sitting out the season. If you didn't notice the Browns contained LaDanian Tomlinson last week who I daresay is better than anything the Steelers have on their roster.

Yeah the Mighty Steelers have lost to the Chiefs and Raiders- enjoy watching the playoffs at home, just like the Browns.

Umm, I'm a Browns fan.

I'm just more realistic than most of you.

I think the Browns are going to win. Because they're a team, not a glorified, referree-favored, cheapshotting

bunch of sissy girly-men like the stoolers are.

And Ben Rothlicksboogers won't have Polly Moo-moo to bail him out this week.

I wonder who shows Ben where the stadium is every home game....

Well, the Browns certainly won. And they did kick steeler butt, especially Bigfoot Gay Rothlicksboogers.

And say, I have to apologize to the refs for the most part - they didn't give pass interference calls to Whines Hard or

any other steeler receiver when they run into the defender and cry "foul", then if they get the penalty,

they go to the sidelines and ROF,L ...

And, the squeelers didn't take out Quinn's knee, but one of them tried to break Cribb's back on a very late hit. Cribbs had been

tackled, was flat on the ground, the defender still holding his legs I think, and sure enough, a vicious shoulder to Cribbs' back.

but, wow, no call.

But, the defense ruled the day. Eight sacks on Bigfoot Ben !!!

And the squeelers never led. Nope.

I guess Ben has trouble reading defenses, holding the ball too long.. or something.

Nah, he's just stupid.

Archived