THE BROWNS BOARD

3 Browns starters miss practice

DAWGPOUND16

Zac Jackson, Staff Writer

The Browns practiced Tuesday without three starters: Kenyon Coleman, Lawrence Vickers and Eric Wright.

Coleman suffered a knee injury in Cincinnati on Nov. 29 and missed last week's game with the Chargers. Vickers and Wright have hamstring injuries.

The Browns held their only full practice of the week Tuesday, which is normally the players' day off. They'll hold an abbreviated practice Wednesday, the day before they host the Steelers.

The Steelers practiced without Pro Bowl safety Troy Polamalu and the team's all-time receiving leader, Hines Ward. Polamalu has been out with a knee injury, while Ward suffered a hamstring injury in the Steelers' loss to the Raiders last week.

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said Ward's status could come down to a gametime decision.

"It probably will come down to the eleventh hour," Tomlin said. "I'd say it's a mild hamstring issue but having a Thursday night game complicates matters to the point that we'll have to wait and see if he's ready."

The Steelers (6-6) have lost four straight and are one game out of the final AFC Wildcard spot. They also had starting running back Rashard Mendenhall (ankle) practice on a limited basis Tuesday.

Limited participants for the Browns were David Bowens (knee), Blake Costzanzo (shoulder), Rex Hadnot (knee), Jerome Harrison (illness), Chris Jennings (shoulder), Brian Robiskie (toe), Robaire Smith (shoulder) and Kamerion Wimbley (knee).

Vickers, Wright and Wimbley played last week despite being listed questionable with the same injuries. Hadnot sat out last week's game.

ONE ADDITION: The Browns added Adam Hoppel to the practice squad Tuesday.

Hoppel is an undrafted rookie defensive lineman who spent training camp with the Browns. He's an Ohio native who played at Beaver Local High School in Eastern Ohio and at the University of Cincinnati.

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/article.php?id=10238

ONE ADDITION: The Browns added Adam Hoppel to the practice squad Tuesday.

Hoppel is an undrafted rookie defensive lineman who spent training camp with the Browns. He's an Ohio native who played at Beaver Local High School in Eastern Ohio and at the University of Cincinnati.

I heard they brought this Ohio Native in as a bounty hunter with one purpose and that is to Turkey Jones Big Gay Ben.

I'm buying a Hoppel Jersey.

Limited participants for the Browns were David Bowens (knee), Blake Costzanzo (shoulder), Rex Hadnot (knee), Jerome Harrison (illness), Chris Jennings (shoulder), Brian Robiskie (toe), Robaire Smith (shoulder) and Kamerion Wimbley (knee).

Seriously ... I'm really sick of players such as Harrison that when their time finally comes, they come down with stupid illness and injuries.

Suck it up, or go play for Buffalo!

I heard they brought this Ohio Native in as a bounty hunter with one purpose and that is to Turkey Jones Big Gay Ben.

Hoppel was on the team in training camp. And FYI, we probably don't want BR to be out of the game on Thursday. Right now, he is running around in a fog, and his replacement, Dennis Dixon, can probably do a better job than him.

i guess my boss knows his family, and was excited to hear he got signed. state wrestling champ, and pretty cerebral guy.

Archived