THE BROWNS BOARD

Flugel, should we bet on this game?

Fan Of STEEL 1

I am up for it if you are. This is probably the best case senario for you in a few years.

BTW, I would have posted this under my usual username of fan of steel 1 but it seems that Stan put some kind of spell on my username that will not allow it to show up unless a moderator approves the post and nobody is. I guess they don't like an opinion unless it fits into their picture.

So are you in or not Tom?

Can we bet on something better like what quarter Ben wussies out in? I think the over/under is the 2nd quarter. I really hope he plays the whole game because you guys didn't light the scoreboard until they stuffed his clumsy ass on a stretcher last year.

- Tom F.

You only wish you had Ben as your QB. Ohio boy does good on STEELERS team.

We could bet to see if Quinn can throw for a TD like every other QB had done to the STEELERS this year, or if he just comes up with a big 0.

LOL! Now that's what I want - a little attitude.

I completely understand you wish Steeler teammates weren't collectively calling out their QB for his lack of toughness. I'm sure he's popping Growth Hormone pills from his Popeye pez dispenser as we speak. It ain't the real thing but it sure has become a hot little tradition since he changed residence to PA. Cosmetic tough guy syndrome.

Seriously, I'd rather have Polly because I noticed your clumsy QB keeps losing in his absence. It's amazing what that built in margin of error provides for such a marginal QB. You're just lucky he's playing Cleveland today. The REAL question is does he want another game off at full pay? I say yes. Perhaps his teammates know I'm right so they had to go public about toughness last week. Love on the rocks? Let's just say you NEED Polly back asap or it's gonna be a year without a Santa Claus in Pittsburgh.

- Tom F.

I am up for it if you are. This is probably the best case senario for you in a few years.

BTW, I would have posted this under my usual username of fan of steel 1 but it seems that Stan put some kind of spell on my username that will not allow it to show up unless a moderator approves the post and nobody is. I guess they don't like an opinion unless it fits into their picture.

So are you in or not Tom?

Thanks for giving the moderation team a whole 3-minutes to approve your post, asshole.

BTW, if you weren't such a whiney ass here to down this forum that you continue to frequent, and would just talk football, you wouldn't be on such a moderator list.

lol im from bens home town in findlay. its kinda sad, everyone hates him here. ever since he became famous he walks all over everything he knows here. demands free drinks at bars etc. real big DBAG, and honestly that whole rape charge against him or w/e i do believe it was true. i honestly do.

LOL! Now that's what I want - a little attitude.

I completely understand you wish Steeler teammates weren't collectively calling out their QB for his lack of toughness. I'm sure he's popping Growth Hormone pills from his Popeye pez dispenser as we speak. It ain't the real thing but it sure has become a hot little tradition since he changed residence to PA. Cosmetic tough guy syndrome.

Seriously, I'd rather have Polly because I noticed your clumsy QB keeps losing in his absence. It's amazing what that built in margin of error provides for such a marginal QB. You're just lucky he's playing Cleveland today. The REAL question is does he want another game off at full pay? I say yes. Perhaps his teammates know I'm right so they had to go public about toughness last week. Love on the rocks? Let's just say you NEED Polly back asap or it's gonna be a year without a Santa Claus in Pittsburgh.

- Tom F.

I'll take this as a NO to the bet then? Have you never had an argument with a friend or called them out? Ben is still one of the best QBs in the league even with any smack you can post.

Thanks for giving the moderation team a whole 3-minutes to approve your post, asshole.

BTW, if you weren't such a whiney ass here to down this forum that you continue to frequent, and would just talk football, you wouldn't be on such a moderator list.

3 minutes? I've posted at least 20 times and nobody has ever approved my post, nor should they have to. I've always been respectful. It's a shame and kind of pathetic you have to actually approve my post because you might not agree with it.

All I do is talk football here, and a bit of smack. Sorry you can't handle that since you were the one to invite me here after you came to a STEELERS board and talked smack over and over and over. You really can't handle someone giving you shit about supporting one of the worst QBs in the league?

All I do is talk football here, and a bit of smack. Sorry you can't handle that since you were the one to invite me here after you came to a STEELERS board and talked smack over and over and over. You really can't handle someone giving you shit about supporting one of the worst QBs in the league?

LOL! That's more like it FOS. Atenears just wants a little attitude out of you instead of pre game nice-nice and diagnosing our problems at QB. For what it's worth, FOS has never rubbed his team's victories in our faces in this rivalry. He's actually been one of their select few that brought a touch of class here.

Now onto the game, if I had ever witnessed the hints our defense could play that well - I would have considered better things to bet on than what quarter Roethlisberger stopped feeling like playing football or whether or not BQ would throw a TD pass. The thing I found most fun about yesterday was how well the Defense played in the absence of so many starters and key rotation guys. That was fun as Hell watching the defense last night. The offense was spotty and the STs were superb.

I can't help but think back to our 10-6 home loss to Pittsburgh last year in the SAME weather conditions. Roethlisberger had less to do with beating us than #43 who snagged an INT right before half from DA at the 2 yard line. I guess I could say he was more CAREFUL than DA but who isn't? Therefore, while Quinn looked the part of a first year starter waiting for the game to slow down, he NEVER gave up the backbreaking turnover.

I think ALL Pittsburgh fans are prolly starting to realize while Dick LeBeau is wonderful with Xs and Os it's more about the Jimmys and the Joes. More specifically, when Polly ain't out there - it's pretty much a Year without a Santa Claus in Pittsburgh. All Ben had to overcome was 13 points and he could only muster up 6 against a team with 1 win.

Seeing HOW MUCH Polly means to their lineup, it certainly escalates my intrigue over Eric Berry.

- Tom F.

STEELERS have to draft a knock out CB next season Flugel. We can't just rely on Troy. If I had a choice of Ben or Troy to trade away, I'd trade Troy in a heartbeat though. Troy is almost done, Ben is going to be a great QB for a long time. The problem I have with Troy is that even though he is probably one of the best defenders in the league, he is often injured and has alot of concussions. I would probably get hell from many STEELERS fans for saying this but I would rather trade Troy for draft picks right now.

Merry Christmas. Good win for you guys. I kinda feel like puking after the last 5 weeks but you can't win all the time. But..... we'll get ya next time brother. I still think Mangini is garbage. He probably kept his job because of this win, but I think you would be better off without him. If anything, at least it helped the rivalry. That is something I have wanted to grow for a long time.

I was kind of surprised you did not bet after watching us play the last few weeks.

I was kind of surprised you did not bet after watching us play the last few weeks.

There was a reason my favorite team only had 1 win in 12 tries so there will be better years to put cake down on them. Therefore, I just wanted to try to enjoy watching the game without any unnecessary distractions. I was watching it to see what players I could get positive/excited about for next year in high hopes we wouldn't the punchline of every joke on every network again. The win was a gift I thought the players fought hard to deserve.

I hear what you are saying about Polly; but I also think you feel that way because of wear and tear more so that who can mean more when both are healthy. His 4.2 speed showed up in alot of big plays for that defense over the last few years which provided 21 other starters with an enormous margin of error. If Ben gets 1 or 2 more concussions it could be curtains; and it's not like they are protecting him well with more games to play.

In a league so driven by passing and rule changes promoting it, QBs and SAFETIES are emerging as the X-factors for success. Understanding this, it also means quite a bit more wear and tear to both positions so you gotta have some luck in keeping them healthy. Baltimore, Pittsburgh and even Indy can't seem get their All Pro Safeties on the field from the ergonomics and demands of this reality. Meanwhile, look at all the recent injuries (and concussions) that have occured with the following QBs this year: Matthew Stafford, Mark Sanchez, Ben, Matt Ryan, Kyle Orton, Kurt Warner, Hasselbeck, Bulger, Delhomme and even Vince Young (tweaked knee at practice). It certainly helps me to understand the new trend of WildDawg to take some of the wear and tear off passers and give defenses more to think about than just pinning their ears back and predictably rushing the passer most of the time. When a Favre has acces to a back like AP and a slot guy like Harvin - how often do you see him getting sacked outside of Arizona? You don't because his surounding environment prevents it.

- Tom F.

Archived