THE BROWNS BOARD

What Are You Looking For Tonight?

ClevelandFanForLife

I just wanted to see what everyone was looking for in the Brown's performance tonight against the Steelers... besides a win. Everyone is saying that Quinn will do well against a Steeler's D without a few starters, however I'm not so sure. My opinion on this has nothing to do with the diminishing Steeler D but with the weather. I don't see Quinn or Ben doing well tonight because of Mother Nature. It's supposed to be around 0 degrees with the wind chill and winds will reach 26 mph. I really don't see either passing game being too forceful tonight. The running backs had a good game against the Chargers and averaged 5.5 yards per carry. If we can do that, or even average 4, I think that we can control the game: at least while on offense. Basically, I am looking to see how our running game develops.

I will also be looking at how our defense does against a run-oriented team. The Steelers, a team that lives by the run, will be running even more tonight because of the weather and I want to see how our defense reacts. If we can hold them to under 4 yards a carry, I think we can win.

This is be a low scoring game so don't expect a shoot out. I think that each team gets at the most 2 touchdowns each and probably not even that. It will be interesting to freeze my balls off and watch this tonight.

1. Hope Mendenhall gooes back to his fumbling ways in bad weather.

2. Get Cribbs involved in WildDawg (some success first game)

3. Keep Stooler defense on field with successful Browns running attack (questionable)

Good opportunity to step on the neck of a team going in wrong direction.

A WIN....PERIOD.

This team is down and primed to be beaten.

They don"t believe in themselves and their coach is practically speechless and grabbing at straws, playing rookies at CB.

I actually wish the weather was good so we could pass the ball. We still cannot run as well as they can.

Let's go Brownies, kick their ass.

I want to see how hard this scrap heap roster plays. I think because the weather will be such a great equalizer, it will come down to who wants it more. I think we want it more. A lot of guys playing for there Free Agent status in the offseason, expect balls to-the -wall effort and hopefully mistake free football. If those two things happen, we'll see a 16 - 6 Browns win.

Glorious!

A win would be pretty awesome.

Win or lose, however, seeing something to build on for next week and next season would be great. On offense, a good running attack and for Robiskie and Moore to build on their solid games from Sunday. Quinn staying upright and making good decisions against a determined pass rush.

/agree the weather is going to seriously hamper any major air attacks ,this should give brainy daboll a big stiffy since he will be able to run his dabbleball 3 play offense..if BQ doesnt find his own way and it comes down to the hustle and playcalling of dick peppy la phew vs brainless dumbo daboll we will lose...

Jennings needs to have a good game for us to win, he is a big back that can take the pounding, fact is whoever have a better game medenhal or Jennings that team will win.

The steelers will not takethe Browns lightely because thay need to win this game. We are playing better I hope we win, but I think the better team will win.

Roethlisberger has traditionally excelled in cold windy conditions, going back to his college days.

Still, this could be lots of fun to watch should it become a slugfest. Shame Ward probably won't play, this would be his kind of game.

I don't fear Quinn in the least, but Josh Cribbs is another story. A runback is Cleveland's best hope.

I'm also "looking" for Cleveland to suck eggs as usual.

I was talking about the Browns. -_-

I want to see how hard this scrap heap roster plays. I think because the weather will be such a great equalizer, it will come down to who wants it more. I think we want it more. A lot of guys playing for their Free Agent status in the offseason, expect balls to-the -wall effort and hopefully mistake free football. If those two things happen, we'll see a 16 - 6 Browns win. Glorious!

lol, do you remember what team you're talking about?

I would personally like to thank myself for the original post above. And for my first prediction since predicting 5-11, I did pretty well. Vapor trail and one, Mr. JosephsixPack. Thank you for the unecessary snide remarks and condescending tone. As much shit as I tend to get on here for such inflammatory remarks as "Jennings is better than Harrison" or "Quinn needs to finish the season improving before I can say he is a starter in the NFL" or controversial statements such as "this is what rebuilding looks like", it feels good to get something tangable to point to.

So, thanks, me..

Archived