THE BROWNS BOARD

Congrats...

SuperSteelers

Good win... not exceptionally pretty... not a whole lot of offense... and you just probably said goodbye to the #1 pick in the draft...

But as valuable as that pick is (and I don't care what anyone says about the rookie salaries... you ALWAYS want the better draft pick) this team needs to learn to win more than it needs to continue to lose and get the #1 pick. An ugly win against the Steelers is still a BEAUTIFUL thing... it's really a humiliating loss for Pittsburgh.

Well done!

Hey Browns fans

Big Steeler fan here, just wanted to stop in and give you a congrats. I know you're looking for more out of Brady Quinn than he showed tonight, but your defense turned in one of the best performances I've seen in quite awhile. Ballsy DC calling and executing man coverage all night long and still getting great pressure on the QB. Enjoy this one, it was well earned.

Good win... not exceptionally pretty... not a whole lot of offense... and you just probably said goodbye to the #1 pick in the draft...

But as valuable as that pick is (and I don't care what anyone says about the rookie salaries... you ALWAYS want the better draft pick) this team needs to learn to win more than it needs to continue to lose and get the #1 pick. An ugly win against the Steelers is still a BEAUTIFUL thing... it's really a humiliating loss for Pittsburgh.

Well done!

You really don't understand the NFL draft..Nobody I mean nobody wants the first 4 picks in the NFL draft

1. Its an untradable position

2. Ask Al Davis who's paying a back up QB 60 million dollars

Hey Browns fans

Big Steeler fan here, just wanted to stop in and give you a congrats. I know you're looking for more out of Brady Quinn than he showed tonight, but your defense turned in one of the best performances I've seen in quite awhile. Ballsy DC calling and executing man coverage all night long and still getting great pressure on the QB. Enjoy this one, it was well earned.

Another Steeler fan here. The Browns defense was great, particularly the secondary. Ben was sacked so much because the coverage was so tight there was no where to throw the ball without a big INT risk. Very impressive. Better than the Steelers' secondary.

Cribb was a one man offensive team.

Congratulations.

Well done!

Half the wins the Steelers have had against the Browns have been "ugly". I mean, last year, it was 10-6. The year before the Steelers won a game because of a Browns missed FG. The year before that it was a last second win. There have been Steeler wins of 13-6, 23-20, 16-13, 15-12 in the last 6-8 years. Are those also all "ugly" wins for the Steelers?

And is this loss to the Browns any more humiliating than the losses to the Raiders and Chiefs?

I mean, if the Browns, Raiders, and Chiefs are three of the 5 or 6 worst teams in the league as people think (along with TB, Detroit, and St. L.), then I suggest that, at this point in the season, the Steelers "power rankings" would have to put them in about the bottom 3-4 teams in the league. Fair to say?

Half the wins the Steelers have had against the Browns have been "ugly". I mean, last year, it was 10-6. The year before the Steelers won a game because of a Browns missed FG. The year before that it was a last second win. There have been Steeler wins of 13-6, 23-20, 16-13, 15-12 in the last 6-8 years. Are those also all "ugly" wins for the Steelers?

And is this loss to the Browns any more humiliating than the losses to the Raiders and Chiefs?

I mean, if the Browns, Raiders, and Chiefs are three of the 5 or 6 worst teams in the league as people think (along with TB, Detroit, and St. L.), then I suggest that, at this point in the season, the Steelers "power rankings" would have to put them in about the bottom 3-4 teams in the league. Fair to say?

Last nights win for the Browns wasn't ugly, it was just not exciting from the offensive side. It was a very good D effort from both sides, especially the Browns. The Browns looked like last years Steelers D. Although I didn't like the outcome, I did appreciate a very good game from the Browns D. It was entertaining to watch a D dominate an offense like the Browns did, but that is the game I like. I hate a high scoring game, you might as well not put a D on the field if you are going to score every possession.

One more thing, I believe your D is much better without Rogers on the field. He is one of the best run stoppers in the game, but he doesn't put a lot of pressure on the QB. I could be wrong, but last night speaks for itself. Thoughts???

Die Browns! Yes, the rivalry is in full swing again! It never died but it did go on a vacation........

I disagree. Rogers makes our dline more stalwart by a huge margin, no pun intended... although...

anyways, Rogers is also the man who was getting serious pressures and hits on the qbs before.

Last night, with a chill factor nearly zero? The footing gave the Steeler oline fits to stop the onrush.

It is odd, though, that our secondary kicked arse. They finally played aggressive like they should.

One play, the Browns secondary was in a zone? and when the receiver caught the ball, there wasn't

a Browns player on the screen for several steps of the receiver getting a first down.

but, it was an awesome TEAM win. The whole team stepped up and insisted on a win.

The biggest reason the Browns won, is Joe Thomas and Mack now anchor the LT and C positions.

The Browns get a real RT, a shutdown corner, maybe Berry at safety or Suh on the line...

the Browns are going to give the Steelers more grief than they gave them last night.

Mostly because, the Steelers will still have Ben Bigfoot behind center.

You really don't understand the NFL draft..Nobody I mean nobody wants the first 4 picks in the NFL draft

1. Its an untradable position

2. Ask Al Davis who's paying a back up QB 60 million dollars

You make a good point - Mangini and the Browns would botch up a #1 pick just like the Raiders did.

Why on earth would they want the player they deem to be the best player in the draft when they can have the 5th best player in the draft? By definition the 5th best player in the draft is better than the best player in the draft.

Better to give Mangini #5 to pick the next Vernon Gholston rather than #1 guys like Eli Manning, Carson Palmer, Jake Young, Peyton Manning, Orlando Pace.

All of those teams were just cursing their bad luck at being "forced" to pick #1.

You're right, I know nothing about the draft.... and I don't even know that there's not likely going to be a salary cap next year either.

Archived