THE BROWNS BOARD

Eric Mangini Saved His Job

Crow

Cribbs won the game for us... not Mangini. Who calls a screen pass on 3rd and 16? And that decision to repeat 3rd down might have cost us the game if Mendenhall didn't suck...

I'm still happy though.

Cribbs won the game for us... not Mangini. Who calls a screen pass on 3rd and 16? And that decision to repeat 3rd down might have cost us the game if Mendenhall didn't suck...

I'm still happy though.

the screen pass has nothing to do with Mangini so what are you talking about? that's on Daboll, and btw I thought it wasn't too great at the time either, but looking back on it they probably didn't want to risk an INT.

What a win tonight. Six years since we beat those bastards and nine years since it's happened in Cleveland.

Mangini should not be fired regardless of tonight's outcome. As he said shortly after the game: "This is just further evidence of what we're trying to do." It's great that we're starting to see the results play out on the field.

Cribbs was ridiculous tonight, but so was Rob Ryan's pass rush scheme. There were times when he had five or six linebackers in the front seven. Did you see Roth in a four-point stance on several plays?

This was a team win. Running the ball, special teams, pass rush, and overall defense.

Good for Eric Mangini, the Browns, and us as fans.

Let's hope not. What did he do? Rob Ryan's defense won this game. If he stays, Daboll better go!!

Mangini's hand was all over that defense tonight..he had a defensive sheet in his hands.

There was a ton of stuff the Jets ran last year on display with that defense, hey Rob is

the DC I kno,w but EM was all up in that kool aid

I am so sick and tired of everybody wanting our coach to be fired, what a joke. Mangini got this team up for a game in wich the steelers where playing for everything and we were playing for nothing.........This team plays for him the last 4 wes we have seen this team play pretty well with all the injurys and really no go to playmaker on offense.....

Get of his back, you will see him next year and the year after. I hope we see him forthe next 10 years

I've been thinking about this for awhile. I think Mangini is coming back next season and I think that has been the decision for a long time.

Kokinis supposedly wasn't happy he didn't have the control he was supposed to have. So he's gone. And Mangini is still here.

If Mangini was going to be fired I think it would have happened all ready. 1-8...... 1-9..... 1-10....

Any of those would have been an opportunity to get rid of Mangini if that is what Lerner was thinking. But he didn't. He got rid of Kokinis.

At 1-10, you're watching the players on the field and evaluating each position. Who are you going to keep next year? Who's getting cut? What position do you want to address in the 2nd round of the draft next season? Letting Mangini go then would have told the team, besides Randy screwed up, we're cutting our losses and starting fresh. Ryan would have been interim coach maybe, and everyone including coaches would be "interviewing" every week for a job next season. The fact Mangini stayed tells me he's running the show beyond 2009.

Mangini must have Lerner convinced on his game plan. Randy's tired of the revolving door too. We may not have expected 1-11 as fans, but we didn't expect playoffs either.

I have taken the last several weeks off from watching the board for my sanity's sake (and yours). Yes, I'm frustrated, but no more than I was at 1-4 or 1-5. To watch the board would only mean at some point I would give in to the urge to piss into the wind myself and in the end, all Ive accomplished was to get wet. At 1-5, I have to accept this team for what it is this year and I'm not about to hold out hope that it's going to change this season. I can't expect a different result until the season is over and we go through another free agency and draft.

Lerner knows it's going to take more than one year to turn this around. He expected it to get worse before it got better. But whatever it is he and Mangini talk about behind closed doors, Lerner is liking it. He knows if he fires Mangini and brings in another guy he's yet another year away from continuity. We could also go round and round on who wants this job, but I think it's irrelevant. I don't think it's available. I'm not 100% sure GM is available.

If we go 2-14 I still expect Mangini to be here next year. I think that was the plan before Kokinis was removed. I don't know how great a coach he'll be, I'm nowhere near that smart. I'm just telling you I think he's our coach in 2010. For sure.

His job was safe before the game...but now maybe some of you idiots will get off his back.

So Lerner should tell whatever guy he's begging to become the team's new GM/Czar that he can't even think about making a change at HC?

If that's the case, we probably won't be able to get a high caliber front office guy to take the job.

It feels great to have beat pukesburgh and contributed to keeping them out of the playoffs..even if snakegini keeps his job but i wouldnt bet on that..he still sucks as a coach...;)

CAN i GET A SIP OF THAT Haterade Gips...You actually hate the Browns won the game..admit it

I am so sick and tired of everybody wanting our coach to be fired, what a joke. Mangini got this team up for a game in wich the steelers where playing for everything and we were playing for nothing.........This team plays for him the last 4 wes we have seen this team play pretty well with all the injurys and really no go to playmaker on offense.....

Get of his back, you will see him next year and the year after. I hope we see him forthe next 10 years

These guys are playing for themselves and their pride not mangini...but if mangini wants people off his back all he needs to do is fire his deadbeat OC..as fans we are stuck with whatever lerner chooses and many are sick of randys bad and backwards impulse choices and would like truly talented people for stability and credibility,how do you think we can possibly land a talented crediible serious gm/czar if he has to carry a bad coach not of his choice on his back?

What a joke..only its not funny.

As far as 10 years of mangini...its fine by me but you will be begging dandy randy to can him in 2 years or less..

These guys are playing for themselves and their pride not mangini...but if mangini wants people off his back all he needs to do is fire his deadbeat OC..as fans we are stuck with whatever lerner chooses and many are sick of randys bad choices ,how do you think we can possibly land a talented crediible serious gm/czar if he has to carry a bad coach not of his choice on his back?

What a joke..only its not funny.

Mangini is a bad coach? seriously some people are on here a morons when they say stuff like this.

we're one of the least penalized teams in the NFL, last year we were one of the most. he had no talent to work with, he got rid of all the things that were killing our cap room, he made smart football decisions and smart financial decisions. he preaches strong discipline on the players and knows a lot about football, most of the good Jets players were Mangini's picks, and he's a bad coach? really?

would you rather have some guy who knows nothing about football and lets the players slack off run the team? did you love Romeo?

Oh..i see they lose because they hate Mangini..no thats not right.. they won cause they hate Mangini

8 sacks..I believe that makes Coach Mangini 2 and 1 vs Tomlin and

if my facts are correct (they are) when the Jets beat them 2 years in 2007 ago they had

6 sacks..Who defensive schemes were those tonight boy genius Gips??

Oh..i see they lose because they hate Mangini..no thats not right.. they won cause they hate Mangini

8 sacks..I believe that makes Coach Mangini 2 and 1 vs Tomlin and

if my facts are correct (they are) when the Jets beat them 2 years in 2007 ago they had

6 sacks..Who defensive schemes were those tonight boy genius Gips??

Not to mention the fact that Mangini has seemed to find player after player to plug into this injury-riddled team. Evan Moore? Chris Jennings? Tell me you even KNEW these guys before they suited up for Cleveland.

Teams that hate their coach don't go out in sub-zero temperatures and scrap and fight. Gips is just upset because his argument doesn't hold water tonight. He's desperate.

These guys are playing for themselves and their pride not mangini...but if mangini wants people off his back all he needs to do is fire his deadbeat OC..as fans we are stuck with whatever lerner chooses and many are sick of randys bad and backwards impulse choices and would like truly talented people for stability and credibility,how do you think we can possibly land a talented crediible serious gm/czar if he has to carry a bad coach not of his choice on his back?

What a jok.e..only its not funny.

As far as 10 years of mangini...its fine by me but you will be begging dandy randy to can him in 2 years or less..

Oh thats right like these players played for pride last year with Crennel, are you a Browns fan???? Let me guess you want Cowher, Or a big named coach. WHo were these big names coaches before they became big names...They were the Manginis of world. I have idea lets stop trying to be the Steelers, Broncos, Colts, Bucs, Seahawks by hiring there coach that was there forever. Lets be the Browns who have a coach who has an idea, who the players are buying into, and he learned his mistakes with the Jets have only 3 years.

I do not know why I waste my time with morons like this. If Gips was the GM we would have a new coach everytime we lost a game. I guess Tomlin should be fired, then you would want him too.

Not to mention the fact that Mangini has seemed to find player after player to plug into this injury-riddled team. Evan Moore? Chris Jennings? Tell me you even KNEW these guys before they suited up for Cleveland.

Teams that hate their coach don't go out in sub-zero temperatures and scrap and fight. Gips is just upset because his argument doesn't hold water tonight. He's desperate.

I knew who Chris Jennings was.... :D:D

I knew who Chris Jennings was.... :D:D

I have been on the fence with Mangini. The biggest thing I look for out of players from there head coach is motivation. Since Bye week, the motivation is there. He just took a roster of wanna be's and made them believe that they could. That shows the evidence I need to give him another year. We'll see how the rest of the year plays out, but I expect to see continued motivation and now, confidence.

So Lerner should tell whatever guy he's begging to become the team's new GM/Czar that he can't even think about making a change at HC?

If that's the case, we probably won't be able to get a high caliber front office guy to take the job.

I don't think that will happen at all. The new guy will clearly have his pick.

I think the thrust of Marks post was more at the goons who have been calling for Mangini's hide from almost the start.

The fact is the team is getting better as the season has moved along and the players are playing hard.

I have coached high school football for 30 years and let me tell you something.

whether its HS, college or pros the sign of a well coached team is always they

improve during the season..DUH..Not only has that been the case in spades

its been done with a bunch of waiver wire, practice squad and role players.

Thats a sign of seriously good coaching..period

I'm still happy though.

You know who calls a screen pass on 3rd and 16 in 40 mph winds? EVERYBODY!!!!

So, when we lose its on Mangini, when we win, its the players? Not taking anything away from Cribbs he needs to get paid but when you can get a bunch of scrap heap guys to play like that on a short week with a season in the tank, it says something about how the guys feel about their coach. And the gameplan was EXCELLENT!

Kudus to Ryan also. That gameplan called for every one of our bad players to beat their guy last night and each one of them did.

I have coached high school football for 30 years and let me tell you something.

whether its HS, college or pros the sign of a well coached team is always they

improve during the season..DUH..Not only has that been the case in spades

its been done with a bunch of waiver wire, practice squad and role players.

Thats a sign of seriously good coaching..period

Been saying it all year. I thoiught they would improve by week 8 but I'll take it when I can get it. They are improving and like you said, the players are really bad. Call me gay, but I love me some Mangini!

Been saying it all year. I thoiught they would improve by week 8 but I'll take it when I can get it. They are improving and like you said, the players are really bad. Call me gay, but I love me some Mangini!

There not bad players, just not studs..What they are is Mangini type guys

Bring the lunch pail, intelligent, hard working and love football..even Wright

and ole macdonald are playing better..It's called "changing" the culture of an

organization..it takes time and patience..your beginning to see some of the

fruits of that labor in discipline oriented, mistake free football..Thats what

a Mangini coached team does..We'll get the studs here..we have the coach.

Archived