THE BROWNS BOARD

Brady Quinn blows my Mind.

mastadave99999

I know it was cold with 40mph winds but comeon.

I support Quinn entirely. However he is definably a rhythm passer. We can't give him a passing down every 7 attempts. He needs rhythm. In addition he is definably not a 3rd and long quarterback yet.

A lot of passes were on target, however a couple drops and some great defense plays.

AND WHY THE xxxx ARE THERE STILL MISSCUES???!!!

3rd and long QBs need great rapport with receivers. I'm not shocked he doesn't have that. But if you looked on the sidelines and after the game, the team is starting to come together and perhaps even look up to him. When I saw him and Furrey get together after the game, my jaw dropped. Was it three weeks ago that Furrey refused to look at Quinn after a miscommunication? That's progress.

I agree, however, about the RUN RUN PASS strategy. I know it was overall effective, and I know it was bad throwing weather, but when you're that predictable, you're ineffective both running and passing (as Cleveland was in the 2nd half except for Cribbs's running; he has better vision than the RBs).

I know it was cold with 40mph winds but comeon.

I support Quinn entirely. However he is definably a rhythm passer. We can't give him a passing down every 7 attempts. He needs rhythm. In addition he is definably not a 3rd and long quarterback yet.

A lot of passes were on target, however a couple drops and some great defense plays.

AND WHY THE xxxx ARE THERE STILL MISSCUES???!!!

I think the miscues are because Quinn still isn't very good, MoMass is a rookie, and we still have a lot of new faces out there. With that combo, you'll have that. Quinn's awareness is actually pretty bad. Against SD he almost commited 3 delay of game penalties. Last night, he was late reading the defense and couldn't get out of the play in time. Once, vs. SD the sideline had to call timeout to save us. Your HC should NEVER have to watch the play clock for you. He needs to relax.

I think the miscues are because Quinn still isn't very good, MoMass is a rookie, and we still have a lot of new faces out there. With that combo, you'll have that. Quinn's awareness is actually pretty bad. Against SD he almost commited 3 delay of game penalties. Last night, he was late reading the defense and couldn't get out of the play in time. Once, vs. SD the sideline had to call timeout to save us. Your HC should NEVER have to watch the play clock for you. He needs to relax.

I won't say Quinn is a great QB, but watch other games and see how many times every QB "almost" commits delays. "Almost" doesn't matter. The Browns "almost" won several games, but their record still shows only 2 wins. I don't care about "almost."

The offense still has a long ways to go due to some poor decisions early on by the coaching staff and their romeo crennel like phobia about playing rookies and inexperienced players ,lets hope this coach really "gets it" and learns from his mistakes ,its going to take some time for quinn to get rolling and gain consistency and all we can do is hope the staff gives him the support and playbook he needs to succeed ,because i really hate the idea of wasting a pick on a qb next year....;)

The offense still has a long ways to go due to some poor decisions early on by the coaching staff and their romeo crennel like phobia about playing rookies and inexperienced players ,lets hope this coach really "gets it" and learns from his mistakes ,its going to take some time for quinn to get rolling and gain consistency and all we can do is hope the staff gives him the support and playbook he needs to succeed ,because i really hate the idea of wasting a pick on a qb next year....;)

I think BQ has the ability to just manage the O......so hopefully they won't have to waste pick on qb

What concerns me is when the heck is lerner going to hire GM??????

Chance are GM will be calling the shots without input of EM

Will he keep existing offense????? Could new gm convert d to a 4-3?? IMO<Fundamentally, the Browns can't even ID priorities for the draft now.......

new thread material i suppose

Guest Metcalf_FTW

That throw to Massaquoi was terrible - lucky for us the kid from Independence High School spun around, made the grab and turned it into a big first down.

Archived