THE BROWNS BOARD

Corey Williams

Big Chuck

I did not see the game. Did Corey Williams play at nose tackle to get his sacks?

No Chuck. He was DE from what I saw at the game. He played good in which seems a natural position for him. Note to Mangini, do not change a thing, whatever you worked out in this game WORKED. KEEP IT!!!!!!!!!!

Cory Williams played DE and NT. If you look at the picks that Alo posted in a previous thread about the defense, you will see Williams at DE and NT. Both of Williams sacks came when he was a NT. In NT he caused alot of trouble in the interior of the line and he made some really good run stuffs out at DE when Rubin was in.

Cory Williams played DE and NT. If you look at the picks that Alo posted in a previous thread about the defense, you will see Williams at DE and NT. Both of Williams sacks came when he was a NT. In NT he caused alot of trouble in the interior of the line and he made some really good run stuffs out at DE when Rubin was in.

Thanks Mario. I guess those 2 sacks came when I was in the bar inside the stadium when I myself was trying to warm up my sack. I almost got in 2 fights with a Stooler fags there. One guy was getting randy with me, when I am 6'3, 230 lbs. Dude was 5'6, 160 lbs. I would of wiped my ass with him. They come into OUR house act like dicks and expect a win. Tough shit faggots, you LOSE bitches!!!!

What was the temperature up at the stadium? Here in Akron it was -2 with windchill..... I could imagine it being even colder w/ that open wind from the Lake.

Dude I went with my girl from North Carolina, she was cold as shit, had to get her drunk. But I used to live in Northern Wisconsin and remember -40 degree WEEKS! Yes WEEKS. But living in North Carolina for 5 years and now in C town, I was cold as shit. 3 layers of pants, 6 layers on the upper body plus a coat, hat, hood, gloves. The walk from Muni Lot, wholey shit. The walk back not so bad, I was drunk and still am (no work tomorrow, laid off). If it wasn't the Steelers I would not of went.

and about a week ago corey was complaining about not getting enough pt and was pretty upset about it to. why the hell does mangini sit players/not give players significant enough pt like this who can contribute to the cause? why is poteat getting pt over coye francies? why did jake allen (or whatever the hell his name is) get signed then immediately allowed to start over robo? i can't stand mangini and some of the mind boggling crap he does! :angry:

why did jake allen (or whatever the hell his name is) get signed then immediately allowed to start over robo? i can't stand mangini and some of the mind boggling crap he does! :angry:

Because Robiskie just isn't that good...... it was a reach that high in the 2nd round to get him, IMO. Did he even come out of the locker room last night to play?

and about a week ago corey was complaining about not getting any pt and was pretty upset about it to. why the hell does mangini sit players like this who can contribute to the cause? why is poteat getting pt over coye francies? why did jake allen (or whatever the hell his name is) get signed then immediately allowed to start over robo? i can't stand mangini and some of the mind boggling crap he does! :angry:

when has he sat corey williams? he isn't better than Kenyon Coleman or Robaire Smith at DE, or Shaun Rogers at NT. fast forward to some injuries and whalah! he starts at DE and gets some snaps at NT! he's always been in the rotation, and had the ability to contribute even in his limited role. Mangini didn't stop this guy from producing, he just wasn't the best we had at the time.

Poteat is a good example IMO, but Francies is not. we don't really have a clue what Hank Poteat's responsibilities are, or the extent of his role as a DB, so we can't compare the rookie and expect that he would be able to fill the role just because he's athletic. to me Coye looks promising but is still pretty much an unknown at this point. the coaches get to see him all the time, so i have to trust that.

i thought it was weird that the Harrison guy we just got from the Steelers was active, but considering that's who they faced and his potential knowledge of them, combined with the fact that he made a few plays it seemed worthwhile in retrospect. without knowing all the specifics and details it doesn't always add up to me either, but you gotta have faith. B)

Because Robiskie just isn't that good...... it was a reach that high in the 2nd round to get him, IMO. Did he even come out of the locker room last night to play?

Ya I saw Robo out there, not all the time but he was on the field since Furrey was on D the whole night

when has he sat corey williams? he isn't better than Kenyon Coleman or Robaire Smith at DE, or Shaun Rogers at NT. fast forward to some injuries and whalah! he starts at DE and gets some snaps at NT! he's always been in the rotation, and had the ability to contribute even in his limited role. Mangini didn't stop this guy from producing, he just wasn't the best we had at the time.

Poteat is a good example IMO, but Francies is not. we don't really have a clue what Hank Poteat's responsibilities are, or the extent of his role as a DB, so we can't compare the rookie and expect that he would be able to fill the role just because he's athletic. to me Coye looks promising but is still pretty much an unknown at this point. the coaches get to see him all the time, so i have to trust that.

i thought it was weird that the Harrison guy we just got from the Steelers was active, but considering that's who they faced and his potential knowledge of them, combined with the fact that he made a few plays it seemed worthwhile in retrospect. without knowing all the specifics and details it doesn't always add up to me either, but you gotta have faith. B)

I meant to say corey williams complained about not getting ENOUGH pt.

Archived