THE BROWNS BOARD

tempered enthusiasm

Solon16

We finally beat the fking steelers and that's fking awesome....I enjoyed it thoroughly...huge!!!

if you think BQ is it then no Qb, we have a LT, there is no RB of peterson's stature, we have most likely lost Suh, (berry, or hayden if we go defense) BUT we have a fking putrid offense. we have no playmakers, we ran for a td for the first time this year (13 games) and first time since Giants game well over a year ago. Dez Bryant, (1st because of Value){top 5 pick}, Rb in second( jonathan Dwyer,Kendall hunter, ryan mathews, TE in third pitta maybe.....WE NEED OFFENSIVE PLAYMAKERS....We have the worst offense in over 75 years! Can we please wake up and recognize!

Defense is easier to fix than Offensive skill positions!

I love it too....

but I'm hearing all this jennings,evan moore(james Davis,harrison as future), potential bs... I'm hearing draft safety with top 5 pick in safety rich draft and momass and robo , stuckey...aren't #1's no matter how much we'd like them to be..... jennings and moore while sufficient(i guess) not gamebreakers, and we have the worst pro offense in 75 years....we have to draft OFFENSIVE PLAYMAKERS!

No more falling in love with potential.......We need real #1's at the skill position!

Anyway Awesome win, i fking hate the steelers!

If there is one position I am not worried about, it is RB. The guys we have are perfectly fine (minus Jamal). Who knows about our WR corp. They are just young and learning on the job, it is too early to make a judgment call. O-line is solid with the exception of St. Clair. That man is a human turnstile, he lets everyone through. Sure, BQ has a severe case of "the sux" right now, but again, we don't know exactly how that is going to shake out. Evan Moore has been a pleasant surprise, who knows if it will last, but our TE's do blow balls with Winslow gone. Defense first my boy. One thing I know for sure is that you better not get emotionally attached to anyone on the roster because the team that takes the field in 2010 is going to look a lot different than this one.

We finally beat the fking steelers and that's fking awesome....I enjoyed it thoroughly...huge!!!

if you think BQ is it then no Qb, we have a LT, there is no RB of peterson's stature, we have most likely lost Suh, (berry, or hayden if we go defense) BUT we have a fking putrid offense. we have no playmakers, we ran for a td for the first time this year (13 games) and first time since Giants game well over a year ago. Dez Bryant, (1st because of Value){top 5 pick}, Rb in second( jonathan Dwyer,Kendall hunter, ryan mathews, TE in third pitta maybe.....WE NEED OFFENSIVE PLAYMAKERS....We have the worst offense in over 75 years! Can we please wake up and recognize!

Defense is easier to fix than Offensive skill positions!

Yea, and that is why I think we should look primarily at defense with our first pick next year. Riddle me this:

On the Browns roster they have only 1 first round draftee on the defense, the unremarkable Kameron Wimbley.

On the offense they have 3 first round draftees: Quinn, Thomas, Mack.

On the defense they have 4 2d round players: Veikune, D'Qwell Jackson, Eric Wright, Brodney Pool (2 on IR)

On the offense they have 2 2d round players: Robiskie and MoMass.

FYI, of all the Browns, Pool is the "oldest" first or second round selection on the team, and he was drafted only in 2005. And in only his 5th year in the league, he is likely done with his career because of injuries.

An NFL playoff team generally thrives because of their first and second round draftee veterans who have been in the league 4-5-6-7 years who become that team's "stars". The Browns have one walking wounded on their roster who fits that bill.

(they got rid of K2, Edwards and Faine who otherwise may have fit).

So, though, yes, we need offensive playmakers, we have invested a number of high picks on guys who are supposed to do just that. I think we are in more desperate need of defensive playmakers.

worst offense in 75 years and no playmakers on O...no riddle only the truth.

Also as evidenced by last nites play...defense played very well with nonames and always easier to fix than Offensive skill positions....SKILL positions!

Pro Tip: When everyone else is saying one thing and you are saying the exact opposite, you usually aren't the one with the bright idea.

If there is one position I am not worried about, it is RB. The guys we have are perfectly fine (minus Jamal). Who knows about our WR corp. They are just young and learning on the job, it is too early to make a judgment call. O-line is solid with the exception of St. Clair. That man is a human turnstile, he lets everyone through. Sure, BQ has a severe case of "the sux" right now, but again, we don't know exactly how that is going to shake out. Evan Moore has been a pleasant surprise, who knows if it will last, but our TE's do blow balls with Winslow gone. Defense first my boy. One thing I know for sure is that you better not get emotionally attached to anyone on the roster because the team that takes the field in 2010 is going to look a lot different than this one.

One rushing touchdown in 13 games this year and since the buffalo game last year(well over a season total) and you are fine with the RB situation....lmfao...wow....

every1....lol right! P>S bone.... NOTHING I've stated is anything but fact!

One rushing touchdown in 13 games this year and since the buffalo game last year(well over a season total) and you are fine with the RB situation....lmfao...wow....

no jamal and suddenly we get our first rushing touchdown. not a coincidence. Also, there is much more that goes into the running game than quality of your RB.

no jamal and suddenly we get our first rushing touchdown. not a coincidence. Also, there is much more that goes into the running game than quality of your RB.

ha ha ha ha.....OK

if jennings had the best oline and the best play calling in the history of football he still wouldn't get to the pro-bowl....lol

In terms of top 5 VALUE(dez bryant) is the only playmaker I see that would make us better, unless of course BQ aint it. Hayden or Berry if we go defense but the VALUE of a CB or Safety usually isn't in top 5.... usually LT, QB, WR, DE ar most Valued unless there is a "peterson like" running back....but I'm of the belief you can get good rb's in round 2 and 3!

if there's one thing to notice, it's that the worst teams in the league have a bad defense, chiefs rams lions bucs browns raiders, it's not a coincidence, you need a good defense in the NFL to win. drafting defense may not be the most fun thing to see, but it's the most smart thing to do. I wouldn't mind dez bryant or c.j spiller, but other than that, I want all defense, and I think Evan Moore will be just fine.

every1....lol right! P>S bone.... NOTHING I've stated is anything but fact!

solon lol theres a pretty good mix of opinions in there....I still see the french guys from monty python and the holy grail every time you post

win is a win... a needed Step for the Browns. Pittsburgh will Improve in `10 ... so the Browns gotta get better. 3 times in 39 yrs the Steelers had Back to Back losing seasons. So highly unlikely next year. Congrats ... Your Boys outplayed ours !

I forgot the [/sarcasm] tag on my last post. Oh and I think futurama was critically overrated. Solid but not amazing.

lol well thank god everyone is entitled to there own opinion. I would say that family guy is better but they haven't been the same since they came back from getting kicked off the air the first time.

"chiefs rams lions bucs browns raiders"

I' d venture to say bad offenses too...

@ dogfan....i fart in your general direction....lol Value as I spoke of....the only player worth that kind of $ on offense If ya don't go Qb is dez bryant IMO. That's what I'm trying to get across....we have a LT, no real DE worth it if we can't get SUH, the only playmaker worth that kind of $ is a stud wr and the best wr in this class is bryant....now if we happen to go with a corner (hayden) or safety(berry) i think they are reaches if we are in top 4 or 5...again JMO.

ha ha ha ha.....OK

if jennings had the best oline and the best play calling in the history of football he still wouldn't get to the pro-bowl....lol

Jennings got 73 yards on 20 carries and 1 TD against the best rushing defense in the NFL, here the top performances(not in any order) by past RBs against Pittsburgh's defense:

Cedric Benson CIN, 76 yards on 16 carries(did not play much in 2nd game @ Steelers, probably due to injury), 1 TD. 1 reception for 5 yards(receiving doesn't have anything to do with their rushing defense so keep that in mind for the next ones)

Adrian Peterson MIN, 69 yards on 18 carries, 1 TD. 4 receptions for 60 yards.

Ray Rice BAL, 19 carries for 88 yards, 0 TD, 5 receptions for 67 yards(would be the best performance had he had a TD, McGahee got it and was only in the game for goal line carries, he had 5 total).

Justin Fargas OAK, 15 carries for 63 yards, 0 TD, 2 receptions for 13 yards.

Jamaal Charles, KC, 17 carries for 58 yards, 0 TD, 2 receptions for 8 yards and one of them is a TD. (only on this list because of the receiving TD, but no one else did better rushing wise past this)

Cribbs isn't on here since his position isn't RB, but he had 8 carries for 87 yards yesterday, and had 6 carries for 45 yards the first game.

So Jennings is easily in the top 5 RB performances against the Steelers defense, Jerome and Jamal weren't able to do ANYTHING against them.

Here's some of the RBs who weren't able to do anything against them(rushing wise at least):

Chris Johnson TEN, 15 carries for 57 yards, 0 TD, 1 reception for 11 yards. (and he's considered to be currently one of the best)

Kevin Smith DET, 20 carries for 53 yards, 0 TD, 3 receptions for 42 yards.

Matt Forte, CHI, 13 carries for 29 yards, 0 TD, 5 receptions for 55 yards.

Knowshon Moreno and Correll Buckhalter combined DEN, 14 carries for 27 yards, 0 TD, 2 receptions for 4 yards.

And this list doesn't even include fumbles, which Jennings had zero, so while I'm not going to pencil in Jennings as the starting RB for the next season already, I'm definitely giving him a good shot, if he's able to do this against Pittsburgh, let's see what he can do against an average Rushing defense, because he'll definitely be able to do more against those teams.

Archived