THE BROWNS BOARD

Jamal "Leadfoot" Lewis

WebsterSlaughter

I was all for firing Mangini earlier this year, but now I'm willing to give him a chance. The team seems to be playing hard, and that speaks well of the coaching staff when the team is 2-11. A big difference is the absence of lead-foot Lewis. He completely destroyed our running game. We can actually run the football now because we use RBs that have a burst, play hard and don't hate the coach. We still need to fire Daboll. This idiot should have called at least 1 play-action pass yesterday. He is over-matched and has no business in the NFL. Also I hope Mangini learned from his decision to bring in Anderson. Worst mistake Mangini made all year.

I was all for firing Mangini earlier this year, but now I'm willing to give him a chance. The team seems to be playing hard, and that speaks well of the coaching staff when the team is 2-11. A big difference is the absence of lead-foot Lewis. He completely destroyed our running game. We can actually run the football now because we use RBs that have a burst, play hard and don't hate the coach. We still need to fire Daboll. This idiot should have called at least 1 play-action pass yesterday. He is over-matched and has no business in the NFL. Also I hope Mangini learned from his decision to bring in Anderson. Worst mistake Mangini made all year.

I agree about Lewis.

However, I wouldn't waste too much time worrying about the OC. I can see why you aren't impressed just yet. That said, it's not like he's had continuity or experienced playmakers in his favor all year. Evan Moore looks like the first KEEPER at TE I've seen and I've seen growth in Stuckey's game in recent weeks as well as Jennings. Mack has shown improvement too so things like these are GOOD signs IMO. I think Daboll did a decent job of keeping our offense turnover free and resourceful enough while Quinn's passing was a little under the weather at 30%. Like it or not, inexperienced/1st year starters get babied by their OC's in this league. Always have. Once the confidence, accuracy and speed of the game gets where the QB needs it all to be - the OCs start to open up. I'm thrilled about this Evan Moore kid and he's a smart basterd because he went to Stanford.

Speaking of Coordinators, could Rob Ryan have made last night any more fun for us as fans? That made the ENTIRE season worthwhile. Watching Ben hit the deck 8 times was the best entertainment I've seen in the new millenium.

- Tom F.

I believe Jennings will start the rest of this season, Harrison after doing nothing early on was no where to be seen the rest of the game wont be back next year so they want to see if Jennings can be the main RB or if they need to draft or sign one. Dont forget about James Davis who will be back and healthy. Jennings seemed to like to run outside so what if someone like Lendale White came in through F/A or we get a guy like Gerhart? I think they would compliment each other well. Moore is progressing and looks good, Quinn should of hit him up but passes were off. I like what im seeing and these last 3 games should be interesting and can be won

Jamal was an outstanding running back in his prime. He burned us many times while in Baltimore. But I think its safe to say he was on the backside of his career joining our team, could still be productive but not what he was for the Ravens. But I don't think you can put our run woes squarely on him. its a combination of things...offensive line,poor coaching,mis-communication...etc...etc... just because we ran the ball well against the squeelers doesnt mean we have a run game now. obviously s**ttsburgh is a lost team right now and not playing well at all. I guess there is some validity that tomlin was riding on what cowher built..that said I don't think we should rejoice over our running game till its consistant. While im glad we beat them id like to see our team finish whats left of the season doing things consistantly and win out!!!

Archived