THE BROWNS BOARD

How about this?

CJ12

Jets Safety Kerry Rhodes Unhappy, Next Stop the Cleveland Browns?

To Cleveland Browns fans who are salivating over the possibility of grabbing Tennessee safety Eric Berry in the 2010 NFL Draft, there may be another safety Eric Mangini would rather get, and, yes, it's another former New York Jet—Kerry Rhodes.

According to various New York reports, Rhodes wasn't found in the locker room after Friday's practice due to his unhappiness with head coach Rex Ryan and the rest of the Jets' coaching staff.

Two weeks ago Rhodes was benched for backup Eric Smith, and Rhodes has been furious ever since, including sending out a Twitter message from his account that said, "I promise alot of teams would love to have me as their PROBLEM! lol."

Rhodes was also in a shouting match with secondary coach Dennis Thurman and it appears that bridges have been burned between Rhodes and the team.

If this is indeed the case, and the Jets will part ways with him, Mangini will be there to scoop up Rhodes and bring him to Cleveland.

Jets Safety Kerry Rhodes Unhappy, Next Stop the Cleveland Browns?

OK, it is understood that the Browns and Mangini are way too infatuated with bringing in former Jets players and most of you readers are probably thinking, "please, no more former Jets! "

But before you shut out this concept completely, take this into consideration, current safety Brodney Pool is on IR and in the last year of his contract. His reoccurring concussion issues make Pool a liability for the Browns to resign to another contract.

Enter Rhodes as Pool's replacement.

Rhodes is a five-year vet with tremendous size (6'3" and 215-pounds), and has shown the ability to be a top-tier safety in the NFL, but only if he is in the right defensive system, which he is obviously not in at New York.

If the Browns can get Rhodes, they would free up their first-round pick to focus on a pass rusher, or an offensive tackle for the right side of the line.

Rhodes would be a welcome addition as Pool's replacement in 2010, and don't be surprised if he is yet another former Jets dressing up in the orange and brown.

If the Browns can get Rhodes, they would free up their first-round pick to focus on a pass rusher, or an offensive tackle for the right side of the line.

I do like that prospect.

As it stands now, Berry since we probably won't have a shot a Suh, but if we get a viable safety...a OT works for me.

Can the 5 yr vet get along with EM? if so i say bring him in....we could certainly get a quicker return on our investment compared to a first round draft pick which will cost (berry?)

Makes sense to me......let somebody else develop the rookies if we have somebody who can contribute now.....

But if he is a head case i would be hesitant

Doesn't appear to have too much baggage besides the alleged rape at his home recently........no big shakes i guess

http://www.nfl.com/players/kerryrhodes/profile?id=RHO457261

Can the 5 yr vet get along with EM? if so i say bring him in....we could certainly get a quicker return on our investment compared to a first round draft pick which will cost (berry?)

Makes sense to me......let somebody else develop the rookies if we have somebody who can contribute now.....

But if he is a head case i would be hesitant

Doesn't appear to have too much baggage besides the alleged rape at his home recently........no big shakes i guess

http://www.nfl.com/players/kerryrhodes/profile?id=RHO457261

I've seen Rhodes up close enough times to know he's an athletic freak at the SF position. That said, when you can't beat out Eric Smith you've got problems. Kerry stopped playing once he got paid. I doubt Mangini will want to bring him in as he's got a bad attitude. Please say no to Carrie Rhodes.

I don't know, firstly I'm in the northeast so I see a lot of Jets games and as earl34 stated "Carrie" Rhodes.He's soft

and has gotten exposed the last month. He's getting seriously paid, Rex's not sitting him if he's not beyond

suck..

After Mangini left NY,Rhodes was talking hella s**t about Mangini, How he was being held back by

EM, He was frustrated.He sucked last year and used EM as the excuse.He just got in a screaming match

with the DB coach of the Jets..His new best friend is BE..YIKES..The knock on Rhodes besides being soft is he

has too many outside interest, hence the name 'Hollywood"...NO THANKS

Archived