THE BROWNS BOARD

hmmm this is kind of problematic for the right

osusev

Is this the same Associated Press that had 11 fact checkers read Palin's new book (For the record, there has yet to be a reporting of factual inaccuracies worth reporting) but had a total of 0 check both of Obama's books?

Second paragraph from the AP's story:

The 1,073 e-mails examined by the AP show that scientists harbored private doubts, however slight and fleeting, even as they told the world they were certain about climate change. However, the exchanges don't undercut the vast body of evidence showing the world is warming because of man-made greenhouse gas emissions.

Quotes from stolen e-mail's:

Manipulation of evidence:

I’ve just completed Mike’s Nature trick of adding in the real temps to each series for the last 20 years (ie from 1981 onwards) amd from 1961 for Keith’s to hide the decline.

Private doubts about whether the world really is heating up:

The fact is that we can’t account for the lack of warming at the moment and it is a travesty that we can’t. The CERES data published in the August BAMS 09 supplement on 2008 shows there should be even more warming: but the data are surely wrong. Our observing system is inadequate.

Suppression of evidence:

Can you delete any emails you may have had with Keith re AR4?

Keith will do likewise. He’s not in at the moment – minor family crisis.

Can you also email Gene and get him to do the same? I don’t have his new email address.

We will be getting Caspar to do likewise.

Fantasies of violence against prominent Climate Sceptic scientists:

Next

time I see Pat Michaels at a scientific meeting, I’ll be tempted to beat

the crap out of him. Very tempted.

Attempts to disguise the inconvenient truth of the Medieval Warm Period (MWP):

……Phil and I have recently submitted a paper using about a dozen NH records that fit this category, and many of which are available nearly 2K back–I think that trying to adopt a timeframe of 2K, rather than the usual 1K, addresses a good earlier point that Peck made w/ regard to the memo, that it would be nice to try to “contain” the putative “MWP”, even if we don’t yet have a hemispheric mean reconstruction available that far back….

And, perhaps most reprehensibly, a long series of communications discussing how best to squeeze dissenting scientists out of the peer review process. How, in other words, to create a scientific climate in which anyone who disagrees with AGW can be written off as a crank, whose views do not have a scrap of authority.

“This was the danger of always criticising the skeptics for not publishing in the “peer-reviewed literature”. Obviously, they found a solution to that–take over a journal! So what do we do about this? I think we have to stop considering “Climate Research” as a legitimate peer-reviewed journal. Perhaps we should encourage our colleagues in the climate research community to no longer submit to, or cite papers in, this journal. We would also need to consider what we tell or request of our more reasonable colleagues who currently sit on the editorial board…What do others think?”

“I will be emailing the journal to tell them I’m having nothing more to do with it until they rid themselves of this troublesome editor.”“It results from this journal having a number of editors. The responsible one for this is a well-known skeptic in NZ. He has let a few papers through by Michaels and Gray in the past. I’ve had words with Hans von Storch about this, but got nowhere. Another thing to discuss in Nice !”

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/jamesdel...global-warming/

Yeah, the good ole hippy generation, the ones that always said dont trust anyone over 30 and question everything you are told. Well they are in power now and tell you dont question me dont question anything i have to say?

kinda ironic isn't it? Did they bring in the plumbers?

I predict Obamao will have a speech before next year is over...

where he raises his hands in the air defiantly,

pooches out his lips, furrows his brow,

and says:

"I AM NOT A CROOK !!!!"

you know cal...... you state that you are some sort of "programmer" what amazes me is the terminology computer SCIENCES is what normally applies.

Syntax and logic based upon math are all pretty important...... factual reasoning based upon return of evidence is pretty key in computer SCIENCES.......

HTML understanding does not qualify as "programming" I always like it when graphic designers who do some low level java/html call them selves "programmers" or people who cut and past opensource qualify themselves as "programmers" who work in the computer SCIENCES...... lol

you know cal...... you state that you are some sort of "programmer" what amazes me is the terminology computer SCIENCES is what normally applies.

Syntax and logic based upon math are all pretty important...... factual reasoning based upon return of evidence is pretty key in computer SCIENCES.......

HTML understanding does not qualify as "programming" I always like it when graphic designers who do some low level java/html call them selves "programmers" or people who cut and past opensource qualify themselves as "programmers" who work in the computer SCIENCES...... lol

So now we can add computer science to the growing list of Sevs fields of expertise along with business medical agricultural foreign affairs and military.

;)

WSS

Yah, Sevie Baby, but I'm also considering myself as a comedian, thereby

the sciences don't have diddley wiggley to do with that.

Although, I must say, we do delve into our farming with a lot of science.

Being unable to separate the two, well, my Wife hates it when I try to get

analytical when we are watching a movie. So, I learned many years ago to stifle

the scientific analytical side of myself.

Versatility is a virtue, Sev, not a vice.

So now we can add computer science to the growing list of Sevs fields of expertise along with business medical agricultural foreign affairs and military.

;)

WSS

its funny Steve..... evidently you missed my post on this forum for employment with my software company... I do have a couple of different companies........ and unlike most people my education is something I think is a lifelong commitment so yes every couple of years i do start a different line of education. I dont know if you have children but leading by example in how important education is and that it should be a lifelong pursuit is something that is very important to me.

We are accepting resumes by the way cal...... Kosar this is also meant for you just message me. We are hiring 8 (mid level programmers) to start in February. If you have any out of work QUALITY friends just message me. We are not hiring kids just out of college(you obviously know why).

Thanks, Sev - but I doubt you have Lotus Notes on yer computers...

most other companies around Ohio, especially, have dropped Notes like a hot rock.

Stupid IBM. dammit.

So now, I'm studying MS Sharepoint development. Right now, I don't even know how to

get a copy of it to work with it.

I guess I'll go cut some more trees down for the firewood, the old farmer next door

is giving me a bunch of black cherry trees out of his fields...

I can send you my resume, and you can ROF,LYAO... "sigh"

its funny Steve..... evidently you missed my post on this forum for employment with my software company... I do have a couple of different companies........ and unlike most people my education is something I think is a lifelong commitment so yes every couple of years i do start a different line of education. I dont know if you have children but leading by example in how important education is and that it should be a lifelong pursuit is something that is very important to me.

We are accepting resumes by the way cal...... Kosar this is also meant for you just message me. We are hiring 8 (mid level programmers) to start in February. If you have any out of work QUALITY friends just message me. We are not hiring kids just out of college(you obviously know why).

Hey Sev can't message you here they don't allow it. Email me your email from my site, LINK. Speaking of, I just got laid off last week. I am not sure I am at the level to where you need someone to be to work for you, but I have a huge amount of tangibles that could help. Either way send me your email and I'll shoot over my resume. Thanks man.

Thanks, Sev - but I doubt you have Lotus Notes on yer computers...

most other companies around Ohio, especially, have dropped Notes like a hot rock.

Stupid IBM. dammit.

So now, I'm studying MS Sharepoint development. Right now, I don't even know how to

get a copy of it to work with it.

I guess I'll go cut some more trees down for the firewood, the old farmer next door

is giving me a bunch of black cherry trees out of his fields...

I can send you my resume, and you can ROF,LYAO... "sigh"

Hey Cal. I could get you a copy of MS Sharepoint if you want, don't know what it is, but I can get it. If you want I can give you a FTP login and download it from my server, I will be happy to help out now I am sitting on my ass all day.

K, that would be awesome. When I gave up on Foxpro years ago, I had a friend I met at a tech show, and she gave me my own copy of Notes designer.

I got certified in weeks.

I consultant co. rep told me that my friends' advice was excellent, Sharepoint is in demand.

Definately time to catch another wave of tech surf. Let me know what I need to do...

lee@itboxllc.com

Ignore the site its purely for testing purposes, we are developing Saas web based technologies, and we already have modules like sharepoint. We are not open to the public...yet only to affiliate business partners.

just send me your resume and I will forward it on to our HR. You dont need a degree but relevant verifiable commercial experience. I do know they are doing 2-4 hour base code performance tests during the 2nd round of interviews to test for competency. I believe they are in classic,.net,php,perl,java,c++ etc. just fyi.

K, that would be awesome. When I gave up on Foxpro years ago, I had a friend I met at a tech show, and she gave me my own copy of Notes designer.

I got certified in weeks.

I consultant co. rep told me that my friends' advice was excellent, Sharepoint is in demand.

Definately time to catch another wave of tech surf. Let me know what I need to do...

Hey Cal. I'll have them uploaded to my server tomorrow. It about 1.4 GB total and I just reduced my internet speed to save some money until I get back to work. Shoot me your email from my site LINK with your personal email and I will give you a log in and password via FTP. Then you can download them from there. It also comes with tutorial videos to get you started. You will have to mount it as an ISO. Make sure you virus scan them first. Merry Christmas, bro.

you really don't see a problem with those emails? REALLY?

of course I see problems with the emails.... the individuals and the context they represent are the problems. The totality of evidence from all of the different scientific disciplines is not in question from these emails just the individuals.

In any field (cloning) is a good example you are going to have undesireable people doing things that dont help but at the same time it does not dillute the entire field or the findings and direction of that field.

Can ya hire an old altar boy fatha? :blink:

Archived